Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need elite runner advice (warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Need elite runner advice (warrior)

I'm new to the end game experience and would like some advice for gears to buy before running elites and getting everyone killed. I'm a noob but I know how to merch and have about 1.5 mil raised since the Halloween event to spend on gear. I have asked many high lvls with good sstats and it seems that every SINGLE one of these people is rude and don't care to help others. I'm not a 10 year old kid begging you for help. I'm asking a simple question and a reply once in a while would be nice.
    Last edited by bossthetank; 11-26-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry for the outburst on the end.. this game is just irritating and all guides are out dated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bossthetank View Post
    Sorry for the outburst on the end.. this game is just irritating and all guides are out dated
    Definitely the guides with minimum stats to run elites. If any party ran with those kinda min stats they won't last long!

The current game has now 3 levels.......

1. Normal maps
    2. Elites
    3. Uber-Elites i.e planar tombs/planar bosses. Anything that constantly requires ankhs for you to survive or defeat is uber.

Ballin' on a budget of 1.5 mill nowadays for endgame is hard! You haven't specified what you currently have. List your pets, weapons, gears and pic of your stats. Also list your skills and passives and how many points awarded for each.

I will do my best to help you.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 11-26-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Magmatic blade of assault
    Living Spirit, Hellish, Necroptic armours and helms "of assault" are all good without being in mythic price range, or Ancient Druid Bark of Potency is passable
    Elondrian ring of fitness
    Sacred elondrian pendant of will or security

If you can't afford the 41 versions, the 40's are usually very close in stats and half the price.

Get a proper full strength build with taunt skills. I prefer Venge, Horn, Smash, CS and then switch smash to Axe for bosses for more taunt control to keep your team in one piece.

Pick up a Blinky and once you get your gems up to snuff, you'll be carrying some totally workable warrior stats. Not mythic, but you will have enough oomph that you won't kill your party by dying the minute something hits you, and people will run with you because you have reasonable damage. Of course there's a lot to warrior other than gear and stats - good warriors are very very hard to find. It takes time and experience, but this is a good start.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-26-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

This is quoted from the build guide we posted for my guild. It's mostly written by my go-to elite tank, Warhorseman. My warrior has more or less the same build (I put points on INT passive instead of DEX because my mana is low) and have tanked elite runs up to Rockhorn Summit with it. My warrior currently wears necroptic will, goblin glaive (pavise on hard elite maps), elondrian ring and eerie amulet.

Note: Most of the following guide was written by Warhorseman. I only added some parts about gear and pets. The parts I added are within parentheses. -Ilhanna

Warrior PvE build

Stat/skill points:
    As any class your stat points must go on primary stat, in warrior's case it's STRENGTH.

Skills. A warrior's job is to hold aggro and take incoming attacks, if you can't do that sorry you chose the wrong class. The following skills are what I prefer for my warrior:

Juggernaut 5/5 - for taunt & parking
    Vengeful Blood (VB) 5/5 - for mana return and greater damage
    Horn of Renew (HoR) 5/5- monitor hp level of your pt member and use when they drop to 30% or to regain aggro in emergency
    Skyward Smash (SS) 4/5 (all upgrades except last)
    Windmill (WM) 4/5 (all upgrades except last)
    Chest Splitter (CS) 3/5 (first and last upgrades)

Passive:
    Durable 5/5
    Might 5/5
    Knowledge 4/5 (if you have more than 800-900 mana I would add points to Agility instead)

Now different situation call for different skill sets (elite maps & regular maps/tombs).
    For elite I prefer Jugg, HoR, CS and WM.
    As for regular maps/ tombs I prefer VB, HoR, WM and SS.

Gear:
    I for one prefer mythic set as gives most damage and enough armor to more than survive current elite. But if you cannot afford mythic the next best gears are necroptic/ancient druid/hellish of will as they give great armor.

As for weapon, I would suggest getting magmatic claymore of will (great damage with armor as well).

[Other recommended tanking weapons include conquistador wall of potency, arlorian shield, vigilant pavise of fitness, planar club of will, and of course the elondrian bulwark.

Ring: Elondrian Grove Ring of Fitness; Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare with str main stat; Blood Ruby of Shuyal.

Amulet: Eerie Necropolis Amulet of Potency; Sacred Elondrian Pendant of Fitness; Wild Amulet of Will; Tarlok's Amulet of Fitness

Upgrade every item with blood gem or elondrian shards.

Pets: look for pets that give str and/or primary stats, health, armor and dmg. Crowd control (stun/freeze) and speed a bonus.
    Ribbit, Loki, Prance, Little Bear, Ethyl, Crawly, Snaggletooth, Valkin, Ironbite, Blinky, Abaddon, Grimm, Slag, Kelvin (for stunning bosses).]

Well there you have it, my pure pve build for TK. Hope this helps you and your pt to survive deadly elites and always remember your pt comes first

-Warhorseman

Also read:

Guide to farming elite Tindirin by Ishxmeet.

How to tank elite maps by Ogani.

Read the comments on this thread for some very helpful tanking and gear tips.

Read the comments on this thread for very helpful gear and general warrioring tips.
    IMO tho, actual experience is still a good enough teacher. I learned how and where to park mobs in elite Caves by running with PUGs. They told me what to do, I did it, practiced it later with friends and guildies, refined it, and so forth. You cannot learn to time Horn of Renew and choose which pet to use for different situations unless you actually try it with a party on map.

I hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am currently only equipped with lvl 35 gear. Entombed hammer of warfare and hellish helm/armor (I know I need to upgrade)

This is what I'm looking at doing

All strength points build
    Skills:
    Skyward Smash (4/5) no mana
    CS (4/5) No Knockback
    Vengeful Blood (5/5)
    Horn of Renew (5/5)
    Passives:
    Str: 5/5
    Dex: 5/5
    Int: 5/5
    Armor: 5/5
    3 extra points for axe throw or 4 if I take 1 from CS.

I don't think jugg is beneficial for pve personally and am thinking about investing in the 5 skill Axe throw build. Swap SS for AT on boss since chest splitter has 3 sec cooldown to keep agro efficiently. And I don't do Damage or Crit Passives bc idc about dmg being a tank and plus they don't stack with pets if. The int and Dex adds a little health and mana.

I already have a blinky level 41, ribbit 35 both used regularly. And colton and flapjack used as cheap pets so I don't use gold to feed all the time. I want to get a prance over the winter holiday due to the stun arcane ability, I heard Kelvin is good too? 50/50 on crawly unless someone has positives for tanking?

Right now my budget is small but when the winter event comes around I will have about 2mil more due to plat I'm going to use to buy energy packs and sell them like I did for halloween. However I only got 400k from that in Halloween.

Looking at a 3.5 mil limit. I was thinking about doing the magma assault set (weapon for sure) which helm and armor are better?? Im assuming assault too. Is a legendary ammy better or the ammy of doom? And rings I never have ideas since there are so many.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Yes on Kelvin since it has 100% chance of stun even at low level, with shorter cooldown than George. You will need it in Planar Arena and Tomb. Crawly is good for some crowd control since it freezes mobs. Plus the primary stat support is nice.

Magma armor set is inferior to ancient druid/living spirit/necroptic. The latter options give dmg support and better armor.

Some legendary lvl 41 amulets IMO are better than Doom. Wild Talisman of Will and Eerie Amulet of Potency/Assault I find are good.

The reason I'm pro juggernaut on pve is because at 5/5 it's a taunt skill, and the movement impairment immunity is useful on hard elite maps, especially when you have to park a mob that stuns (like the green giant in Tindirin).

My two cents.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 11-27-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

What I use is a planar club of will/magmatic blade of will.
    Upgraded mythic helm/ancient potency.
    Necro assault armor.
    Archon fatality (cheapie).
    Wild talisman of will.
    Resulting in this.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  262.9 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Okay awesome!! Thanks again, all of the feedback has been helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Use the Show Stats function in the CS and see how different items compare to what you have on. Then you can see for yourself what is better, and/or what you want.

A large part of the fun of this game is working out the fine tuning of builds and gear to get what works best for you for what price range. This will not necessarily be what is best for someone else.

You have the basic information, but from there it's your game to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Noob tapatalk. After typing for 10 mins, it got error -.-

Anyway , everyone said everything already.
    However one said Jugg is not much important in pve. I disagree.
    Jugg and windmill are great skills to have an easy taunts for a elite starter. I will tell you a bit different build to others what my warrior has!!

You need to taunt the mobs constantly and tank your parties to be a good real warrior!!
    Imo, go get Jugg (4/5 no self heal), VB (5/5), HOR (5/5), SKY SMASH (3/5 first two upgrades only), Windmill (4/5 no snares), Axe throw (4/5 no concussion). Axe throw is for lots of places wherr you gotta have to stay in once place and heal parties and attack from distance!!
    And MIGHT, DURABLE and AGILITY passives all 5/5.

Do sky wind vb hor in normal maps. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do sky wind jugg hor in elites. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do windmill vb jugg hor in extreme hard elites for pure tanking.
    Once you get expert and get better you can taunt well without 3 defensive skills
    Good luck!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Noob tapatalk. After typing for 10 mins, it got error -.-

Anyway , everyone said everything already.
    However one said Jugg is not much important in pve. I disagree.
    Jugg and windmill are great skills to have an easy taunts for a elite starter.
    You need to taunt the mobs constantly and tank your parties to be a good real warrior!!
    Imo, go get Jugg (4/5 no self heal), VB (5/5), HOR (5/5), SKY SMASH (3/5 first two upgrades only), Windmill (4/5 no snares), Axe throw (4/5 no concussion). Axe throw is for lots of places wherr you gotta have to stay in once place and heal parties and attack from distance!!
    And MIGHT, DURABLE and AGILITY passives all 5/5.

Do sky wind vb hor in normal maps. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do sky wind jugg hor in elites. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do windmill vb jugg hor in extreme hard elites for pure tanking.
    Once you get expert and get better you can taunt well without 3 defensive skills
    Good luck!!
    Lol a big pull without jug means you'll be standing still only pressing on the hp pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Lol a big pull without jug means you'll be standing still only pressing on the hp pots
    Yes. Jugg is important

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I've never seen a need for jugg in pve. Most of the top pve warriors who I have run with don't use it at all and are awesome. However, it has always been and will always be a heavily debated topic. Choose what you are happy using.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bossthetank View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am currently only equipped with lvl 35 gear. Entombed hammer of warfare and hellish helm/armor (I know I need to upgrade)

This is what I'm looking at doing

All strength points build
    Skills:
    Skyward Smash (4/5) no mana
    CS (4/5) No Knockback
    Vengeful Blood (5/5)
    Horn of Renew (5/5)
    Passives:
    Str: 5/5
    Dex: 5/5
    Int: 5/5
    Armor: 5/5
    3 extra points for axe throw or 4 if I take 1 from CS.

I don't think jugg is beneficial for pve personally and am thinking about investing in the 5 skill Axe throw build. Swap SS for AT on boss since chest splitter has 3 sec cooldown to keep agro efficiently. And I don't do Damage or Crit Passives bc idc about dmg being a tank and plus they don't stack with pets if. The int and Dex adds a little health and mana.

I already have a blinky level 41, ribbit 35 both used regularly. And colton and flapjack used as cheap pets so I don't use gold to feed all the time. I want to get a prance over the winter holiday due to the stun arcane ability, I heard Kelvin is good too? 50/50 on crawly unless someone has positives for tanking?

Right now my budget is small but when the winter event comes around I will have about 2mil more due to plat I'm going to use to buy energy packs and sell them like I did for halloween. However I only got 400k from that in Halloween.

Looking at a 3.5 mil limit. I was thinking about doing the magma assault set (weapon for sure) which helm and armor are better?? Im assuming assault too. Is a legendary ammy better or the ammy of doom? And rings I never have ideas since there are so many.
    You don't need 5/5 on VB. You can afford to lose the the crit skill, leave that for rogues. You can lose an additional point from DEX passive, then you will have 2 extra points on axe. Axe is awesome on boss, aggro and heavy damage, forget the chain. Personally I don't use axe. Windmill has taunt, yes it cools down all other skills but it's legit in mob aggro, do not have snare. If you want to have an extra skill point available, you can go without the 'impairing' skill on jugg.

I see a lot of people are recommending you 'of assault' gear. You will gain damage but will lose armour and perhaps health. It's up to you what you want to be.....a tank or the new trend 'damage warrior'.

Do not touch living spirit unless you can get a dirt cheap super gemmed blood or Elond one. I'd rather go for druid bark of will. For a tank druid bark gives better stats. Try the necro gear if the price is cheap. Gem all your gears, super gems take your stats to a different level and help out a tank a lot!

Wild talisman of will.
    Archon ring of fatality level 36 - armour and cheap!

Little Bear is a must! Followed by prance - rotate them with your two existing pets, Blinky and Ribbit.
    Raise money for Magmatic Claymore of Will it's now very cheap (be prepared to spam pots like crazy tho) and perhaps pavise still has it's uses, if the stun rate is high. The price is dropping on this thing so get it last and for less than a mill

As a tank you're only as good as the rogues and mages around you. Make friends with rogues and mages that make your tanking life easier you see a mage throwing health in the air or rogue throwing down lifepacks, or them running offscreen to lure half of Arlor, just leave map!
    Last edited by Xorrior; 11-27-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I've never seen a need for jugg in pve. Most of the top pve warriors who I have run with don't use it at all and are awesome. However, it has always been and will always be a heavily debated topic. Choose what you are happy using.
    He is not so called "top pve warrior". Jugg is a must for a elite starter or you can say it is good to get for starter to keep the taunts...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    He is not so called "top pve warrior". Jugg is a must for a elite starter or you can say it is good to get for starter to keep the taunts...
    I wasn't actually referring to Ravagerx. Seriously, I do know other warriors, and my statement was plural. Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

.....Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.
    That is debatable.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    That is debatable.
    So is everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

So is everything.
    I'm not on about everything. I'm on about your post.
    XORRIOR