Thread: Do buffs/de buffs stack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Do buffs/de buffs stack?

The heading says it all really. I've been wondering for a while if buffs and de buffs stack. I've asked a lot of players and the general response is a firm IDK!

For example, if I'm on my Mage and I use break armour on a boss, then another Mage (or any class with break armour) does the same, will it break armour by the sum total of our combined break armour ability or is the second break armour wasted. I often wonder the same when using Mage buff on party members. I know I get a better buff by buffing myself than by being buffed, but for other party members would they get double the benefit if two mages buff together or again, is second wasted?

Until I know otherwise, I am presuming they don't stack but it would be so useful to know. I look forward to finding out. Thanks guys.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yes they do stack, but there's a limit as to how many debuffs stack up - not sure about exact numbers though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Some debuffs stack others don't. Break armor (bird skill) stacks with other break armor and also stacks with nightmare (Mage skill), but nightmare doesn't stack with nightmare (the skill, procs are another story...) Buffs don't stack ever afaik (most can't because of a cooldown longer than effect time and are self targeting). The only ones I can think of that could would be the blessings but they don't Anyway most debuffs stacks at least to a point, but you really have to just test stuff out (in PvP where you can observe stat changes directly) to know.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Have you tested this in pvp. If not let me know and will double debuff hunnyleecher. Speaking of which, wish I pled my tester to 45 before the xp changes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Have you tested this in pvp. If not let me know and will double debuff hunnyleecher. Speaking of which, wish I pled my tester to 45 before the xp changes.
    Have not tested mage debuffs stacking with each other in months, so it would probably be a good idea
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is great guys. Thanks for all your help. I will check back to see your test results and post anything I find out myself. Happy buffing!!!