Thread: level 50 today. what next for int mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default level 50 today. what next for int mage?

So I got to 50 today and im almost 51 now. Wow at the keepers staff damage. It has made crush the keeper a snap now in groups.

I've started the cyber armor quest but I feel like that's gonna take awhile so I just outfitted myself with keeper staff, the metallic robe(was cheapest with best stats) and a cosmo helm with electric bolts on top.

Im sort of at a loss now as to how to proceed. Im really comfortable with doing crush the keeper runs but nobody ever wants to kill the keeper so mt totem count isn't getting very high. I have nowhere near 500k or so to get shadow set or even 100k to get the cosmo armor.

Should I just continue to level away and worry about armor when I get to 53, or focus on farming somewhere other than ao3 so I can get enough money to get an armor set that will be viable for the sewers. I like the staff I got now but I think im gonna need more defense with the cyber or shadow set.

What would you people advise. It kinda sucks that the level cap upped just now cause I don't have those months on months to farm drops or exp so I can take on the new area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest, I wouldn't even worry about doing the cyber quests now. They're a lot more hassle than they're worth especially at this point in the game, since the gear is outdated. I'd skip them entirely and move on to sewers. Or actually, use pots and level to 53 in Crush the keeper then hit up sewers if you feel like you wont handle it well at first. When people are mostly 55/56 I'm sure others will be heading back to pick up the cyber quests and things they left behind when 1.7 came out. But right now it would be hard as most people are focused on leveling.
    14u2nv

Raging. Killing. Unrelenting.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Haven't checked the prices, but a shadow set or just laser wand and bloody eye should be pretty affordable. If not, join the plers in crush and don't xp pot. By the time you hit 53 you'll be able to buy what you need with you liquidation cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol u can get a nice 51 set if u choise right and no one has hit 56 yet lol. Lone is very close.
    IGN Swag Killer lvl 20 Twink Dex Bear
    MissMage lvl 55 Enchant Pure Int
    MrHunter lvl 51 Bird Pure Dex
    MrAxe lvl 50 Bear Dual Spec More Str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

If your Crush the Keeper group is very fast and has a bird or two, you can ask the group to do the Keeper. If a few people stay (even just 2 total people if you guys are good) can do Keeper pretty fast. You really want a damage bird, so it will depend on your group and who stays.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just keep doin crush the keeper map over and over....and over till ur level 53.....u make good money, kill count goes way up in comparison to deaths and to me it just seems to be more fun....if u can get a group that will kill the keeper everytime that would great but dont worry to much about the cyber quest, you can do it later when ur higher level. Cyber gear is outdated now...all about lvl 55 gear now.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Int Mages are about as squishy as they have ever been, I survived better back when Alien Oasis was hard. Pot Holes one hit kill me half the time, certain bosses can take my entire mana shield and half my hp down in one hit and mobs attack way faster then I can pot spam. But of course I am still level 51 with lvl 50 gear, and I am using Keeper set. Damage doesn't really seem like a problem in Sewers, its a pretty fast clear. So I would focus on Armor if I was you.

For Cyber - I recommend coming back to that after you finish all Balefort Sewers content. It was meant to keep us occupied when level 50 was the max level, Shadow Gear will drop again once everyone gets their new top gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Wink I'll kill Keep w/you

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    So I got to 50 today and im almost 51 now. Wow at the keepers staff damage. It has made crush the keeper a snap now in groups.

I've started the cyber armor quest but I feel like that's gonna take awhile so I just outfitted myself with keeper staff, the metallic robe(was cheapest with best stats) and a cosmo helm with electric bolts on top.

Im sort of at a loss now as to how to proceed. Im really comfortable with doing crush the keeper runs but nobody ever wants to kill the keeper so mt totem count isn't getting very high. I have nowhere near 500k or so to get shadow set or even 100k to get the cosmo armor.

Should I just continue to level away and worry about armor when I get to 53, or focus on farming somewhere other than ao3 so I can get enough money to get an armor set that will be viable for the sewers. I like the staff I got now but I think im gonna need more defense with the cyber or shadow set.

What would you people advise. It kinda sucks that the level cap upped just now cause I don't have those months on months to farm drops or exp so I can take on the new area.
    Feel free to add me, I'll do Keep or VL runs with you for totems. If you're anything like me it's not necessarily the gear you get from them but seeing your quest log at 144/148. I have a mage & birdie w/all sets. I generally play M-F b/n 6:30pm-9:00pm CST. And weekend times vary. But please PM in forums otherwise I won't accept friend request because the list is already too long w/people I don't know!

Mage: Kallima
    Archer: Callima