Thread: Have any of you gotten eye problems from iPhone/iPod/droid overuse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The only thing playing this game too long has caused me is a sore wrist, due to the position I hold my iPod sometimes.

It's a widespread myth that sitting in front of a computer screen too long causes poor vision, or astigmatism..those things are usually genetic. It can certainly cause eye strain and discomfort, but it should not permanently damage your vision at all. In other words it won't make someone whose 20/20 become near or far sighted or develop astigmatism. They would have developed that anyway.

It's possible that your eye problems have a different underlying cause, and not due to your phone screen. The double vision thing, your doctor is probably right that it was already there and the eye strain could be exasperating that.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    The only thing playing this game too long has caused me is a sore wrist, due to the position I hold my iPod sometimes.

It's a widespread myth that sitting in front of a computer screen too long causes poor vision, or astigmatism..those things are usually genetic. It can certainly cause eye strain and discomfort, but it should not permanently damage your vision at all. In other words it won't make someone whose 20/20 become near or far sighted or develop astigmatism. They would have developed that anyway.

It's possible that your eye problems have a different underlying cause, and not due to your phone screen. The double vision thing, your doctor is probably right that it was already there and the eye strain could be exasperating that.

Agreed, didn't mean to imply that Pocket Legends created the my longstanding astigmatism or poor vision but they definitely exacerbate them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post

Hmm interesting... I may have to research this.
    Hard to believe that I could have some problem my whole life without it showing and no docs noticing it, then an iPhone bringing it out.
    Got a fun-filled week of doc appointments and tooth-pulling coming up. I'm psyched.