Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you gotten eye problems from iPhone/iPod/droid overuse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The first time I played PL all night, when I stood up in the morning my vision was warped. Literally. Everything looked like it was buiging toward me, no lines were straight. Color convergence was also really messed up. It still happens, but it's not as bad now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... That's weird... First time I pulled an PL nighter I could not move my left arm. No idea why. So I couldn't write

I am Militaryman. No "if"s, "and"s, or "butt"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    thats like hitler killing that moustache look
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive noticed, if i play a bunch of PL, then walk outside, i cant see for 20 seconds, its all blurry and black.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

For 10-30 minutes after playing, I get double images...

I ahve started holding my droid away from me as far as possible, it helps A LOT.

EDIT: I have been having allergies, so I flush my eyes 4-5 times a day.. that might've helped also.
    Last edited by Otukura; 02-11-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh jeez... Everyone's having problems from it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I have perfect eye sight lol. Thanks to those carrots man!
    If anything I just get headaches. I have a sensitive head lol, I can't even read in a moving vehicle without feeling like I'm gonna puke my insides out. I can't text or anything
    Last edited by RedRyder; 02-11-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    For 10-30 minutes after playing, I get double images...

I ahve started holding my droid away from me as far as possible, it helps A LOT.

EDIT: I have been having allergies, so I flush my eyes 4-5 times a day.. that might've helped also.
    Your double vision goes away after a few minutes? Be careful, bc it sounds like you're developing what I got.

I do try yo hold it away from me -- but it always ends up close up again.

Hmm... A few people suggesting the rinsing -- I'll have to try that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to keep my eyes in tip top shape for my competitive shooting, so I can't play too much. I think it tends to damage my eyesight, because after I play for ~2 hours, my eyes see everything funky and pixely. It does help with hand-eye coordination though, so its kind of a trade off
    Blasterbird- lvl 20 twink
    Intbird- Main acc
    Soloed- new acc, soloing to 50.

Need a twink build? Ask here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yep. I play during the work week 2-3hours a day (unless BF gets antsy & I begin to feel guilty) and on weekends at least 5+hours on a Droid. Since I bought this game my vision has been distorted, my eyes go cross randomly, and they are definitley more dry. More than likely due to increased eye strain - I already stare at a monitor all day at work so staring at a screen a fraction of the width can't be good after hours! This casual game has become an obsession - I will try the remedies on here, especially the exercises as my opthamalogist has recommended the same thing. Thanks for bringing this up, I just thought it was me!

Devs - love the game but not the addiction! :P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The only thing playing this game too long has caused me is a sore wrist, due to the position I hold my iPod sometimes.

It's a widespread myth that sitting in front of a computer screen too long causes poor vision, or astigmatism..those things are usually genetic. It can certainly cause eye strain and discomfort, but it should not permanently damage your vision at all. In other words it won't make someone whose 20/20 become near or far sighted or develop astigmatism. They would have developed that anyway.

It's possible that your eye problems have a different underlying cause, and not due to your phone screen. The double vision thing, your doctor is probably right that it was already there and the eye strain could be exasperating that.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My eyes get real blurry and I start tapping crap.... lol, you don't want to play with me when my eyes go bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I jusr played 4 hours straight, my vision is now blurry.
    CryoBlade - Level 56 DEX Bear
    Slicez - Level 55 STR/INT Mage
    CryoBow - Level 55 Pure DEX Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    The only thing playing this game too long has caused me is a sore wrist, due to the position I hold my iPod sometimes.

It's a widespread myth that sitting in front of a computer screen too long causes poor vision, or astigmatism..those things are usually genetic. It can certainly cause eye strain and discomfort, but it should not permanently damage your vision at all. In other words it won't make someone whose 20/20 become near or far sighted or develop astigmatism. They would have developed that anyway.

It's possible that your eye problems have a different underlying cause, and not due to your phone screen. The double vision thing, your doctor is probably right that it was already there and the eye strain could be exasperating that.

Agreed, didn't mean to imply that Pocket Legends created the my longstanding astigmatism or poor vision but they definitely exacerbate them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

OMG, I was just going to post today to ask if people were having vision problems or migraines from playing.

I'm farsighted, (not horribly but I'm a +1 on the left eye and a +1.75 on the right eye). I was not wearing glasses when I first started playing and was getting headaches, which was to be expected.

I'm using my glasses now but for the first time in 10 years I've started to get full blown migraines again. I used to be plagued with them and they went away out of the blue. Now I've been getting them really bad. I get migraines with aura and it totally wipes out my vision for a few hours. Over the past few months since I've been playing I've had at least 6 episodes of migraine with aura. Not fun at all.

So, while it's not my eyes, per se, having the migraine with aura is associated with the optical nerve, meaning that that area of my brain is being affected when I'm having the migraine. I think I'm going to have to stop playing for awhile and see if it helps because I can't handle being knocked on my butt for a few days every time my brain decides it wants to have another migraine. grrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somewhat related, my left hand (by the charger usb plugged in) always falls asleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post

Hmm interesting... I may have to research this.
    Hard to believe that I could have some problem my whole life without it showing and no docs noticing it, then an iPhone bringing it out.
    Got a fun-filled week of doc appointments and tooth-pulling coming up. I'm psyched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man, I get a couple different issues from my droid 1. First is a headache from eye-strain, and second is a backache that's from being bent over the phone playing. takes some recovery time after a long run...
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Well, if my problem was just dry eyes, sure ... But this is more than just dry, fatigued eyes. Seems more likely related to the screen size and distance from my face.
    Maybe all the reading I'm doing on it, too. (Good thing I haven't actually tried reading a book on here!)
    One more thing? What model is your iphone? If you have the Iphone 4 your eye problems should be a lot less exaggerated because you don't have the decipher the pixels as much, since you can't really see the pixels, but on the other versions you can... So..
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    One more thing? What model is your iphone? If you have the Iphone 4 your eye problems should be a lot less exaggerated because you don't have the decipher the pixels as much, since you can't really see the pixels, but on the other versions you can... So..
    Oh Parth
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Oh Parth
    Hmm? What did I do?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List