Thread: IDEA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default IDEA

Well, first and foremost, hello AL (I'm new to this forum, but the previous game forum I was in is also powered by Vbulletin so, its easy for me to navigate).

The idea is about the report button: Seldom, players QQ for the button not working properly as they should and often times, scammers get away with the hard earned goodies players wasted plat and time on. Well (not sure if this already was suggested or already in this forum but Imma suggest it anyway).

A report section which devs, mods and/or game masters can manage and which players can post their screen shots and/or videos about the scams that happened to them. This report section can also be used to report players selling or buying items in real currency, players selling accounts or other means of procuring them.

Here's a simple format on how this will work:

Title of the thread must either be: [Scam Report] (for scamming incidents) and [Illegal Trading] (for items sold or bought through real currency or players selling their accounts)

Character Name: (player who scammed)
    Reason of Report: (the player explains a brief statement of how the scam happened)
    Proof: (screen shots or video of the scam or the player doing illegal trades)

This thread can only be viewed by GMs privately (devs) and they are the ones who will give the punishment so that the accused can have no time to act about salvaging what they can in case they get banned or whatever.

This is a community effort to prevent future scams and make the game safer for new players and veterans as well.

Comments, suggestions, criticisms accepted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

There is already the support mail,in which one can write in the format that will include all, name/reason/proofs etc....

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PurEvil View Post
    Well, first and foremost, hello AL (I'm new to this forum, but the previous game forum I was in is also powered by Vbulletin so, its easy for me to navigate).

The idea is about the report button: Seldom, players QQ for the button not working properly as they should and often times, scammers get away with the hard earned goodies players wasted plat and time on. Well (not sure if this already was suggested or already in this forum but Imma suggest it anyway).

A report section which devs, mods and/or game masters can manage and which players can post their screen shots and/or videos about the scams that happened to them. This report section can also be used to report players selling or buying items in real currency, players selling accounts or other means of procuring them.

Here's a simple format on how this will work:

Title of the thread must either be: [Scam Report] (for scamming incidents) and [Illegal Trading] (for items sold or bought through real currency or players selling their accounts)

Character Name: (player who scammed)
    Reason of Report: (the player explains a brief statement of how the scam happened)
    Proof: (screen shots or video of the scam or the player doing illegal trades)

This thread can only be viewed by GMs privately (devs) and they are the ones who will give the punishment so that the accused can have no time to act about salvaging what they can in case they get banned or whatever.

This is a community effort to prevent future scams and make the game safer for new players and veterans as well.

Comments, suggestions, criticisms accepted.
    Most of the games like these already have those functions, upon reporting for behavior, language, scams.

Edit here's a link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ou-are-Scammed
    Last edited by Raselph; 11-27-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

If you see someone attempting to scam ingame, click on their character, click "Report" then click "Report for Scam"
    Describe (with time (with time zone), and date) what happened.

Prynce made a guide on the types of scams and what to do if scammed:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ou-are-Scammed

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem
    To clarify, the report button in game does send a report directly to support. As you can imagine, we get hundreds of reports a day. Some legitimate, some bogus. It takes us a while sometimes to wade through all of them and make sure to take action on each that needs it. So, please try and be patient with us.

If it is an emergency or something that requires immediate attention, please report through support.spacetimestudios.com.
    Also,
    DO NOT PUT THE NAMES OF SCAMMERS ON THIS FORUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    There is zero support against scammers. Anyone who has been scammed can confirm that sts did absolutely nothing to correct the problem. They're only concerned with scammers that effect platinum or their revenue. This is a wasted efforr, sorry.
    In the fineprint of report, they said "They cannot disclose any actions they might/have/will" take against those included in your report.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    That is true but if you'll notice, there are some very well known scammers who have scammed many people and have never gotten banned.

I got scammed once for 8m gold while trying to get the filthy rich ap. I took screen shots of the whole transaction and sent them to sts. I never saw my gold again and I never heard anything from sts to tell me that they're even looking into this.

Back then people told me it was a waste of time, just like I'm saying now from my own experience
    I know the feeling, the one who scammed me even PM'd while wearing the good vanity set he scammed from me.. worst is I think he even sold it to me.

was the darkest part of my AL career, glad its monthss ago I've moved on.

IMO pulling item log from the server connected to a certain person and tracking that item is a heavy task for STS, I've read somewhere that even 2 Dev took hours tracking a certain item so yeah, scam issues has 0.1% being solved.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree