Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Economic solution: BoE items (Bind On Equip)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Iam on topic my friend.
    Its not about warrior twink weapons but its about gears where WARRIOR Twink Weapons fall too and it was just an reply to your comment where you said twink people can use new weapons.
    Also, as far as rare items go, see the "Cleansing" idea by Spell...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Also what happens when I want to stash something to let another of my characters use it? I have to pay to be able to stash it and let another of my guys use it? Then pay again to switch it again? The more I think about this idea the worse it seems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Also what happens when I want to stash something to let another of my characters use it? I have to pay to be able to stash it and let another of my guys use it? Then pay again to switch it again? The more I think about this idea the worse it seems.
    Where does it say that you can't stash it? The new mythic is non-tradeable but you can stash it, so I assum that this would be similar.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The problem I see here is for new players - the ones leveling up. Currently the proces is as follows:

1) Use common and epics found in low level maps until reaching travellers outpost.
    2) Liquidate trash for pennies until you have enough for the cheapest pinks.
    3) Wear those pinks until you outgrow them, sell them and buy new cheap pinks your level
    4) Gem the pinks as you sleep each night so you can resell for more
    5) Repeat step 3 and 4 all the way up the level process, also selling anything you find along the way (which is usually worthless)

Yes, I read the comments and this "cleansing essence" appears to only be for the wealthy end gamers. What about new players? If they can no longer sell the gear they grew out of to other players:

a) How will they afford more gear as they level up? there's no liquidation fee that would make logical sense here, unless STS was willing to continually adjust with price fluxuations.
    b) Who will provide decent, cheap pinks for these players? This would be putting the entire loot chain in the hands of crate poppers.
    c) What about the guy who spends every penny of his 500k to get mediocre gear so he has something to wear until he earns enough for good gear? Now he not only needs to earn gold, he also needs some expensive essence thing just to sell that mid-range gear and get decent?

I don't think there's a liquidation value that would work as a blanket that would be fair for all. Prices for non-end-game gear would be dependent on those who opened crates and would get out of hand super fast.

Not as critical, but certainly an issue also:
    When new gear comes out, who is going to test it and write informative reviews for other users? Most people who do testing and writeups never intend to keep the item, only use it to provide information to others and then resell it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Where does it say that you can't stash it? The new mythic is non-tradeable but you can stash it, so I assum that this would be similar.
    If it binds when equipped it's obviously bound to that character. That's how it works with bind on equip. Non tradeable and bound are 2 different things.

This idea will only help merchers and not the rest of the population IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Ok one last thought before going to work. How to clear the cs? You say devs will buy everything. So the day before this gets implemented people load lots of crap in auction for millions. Now devs pay everyone's asking price? How do they decide what's a fair price?

This idea may have worked from the beginning but there honestly isn't a way to add it now. Best best is to get the 5% of the population with too much gold to buy the excess gear up and liquidate it themselves. They would be doing it for the greater good of arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Ok one last thought before going to work. How to clear the cs? You say devs will buy everything. So the day before this gets implemented people load lots of crap in auction for millions. Now devs pay everyone's asking price? How do they decide what's a fair price?

This idea may have worked from the beginning but there honestly isn't a way to add it now. Best best is to get the 5% of the population with too much gold to buy the excess gear up and liquidate it themselves. They would be doing it for the greater good of arlor.
    Pick a day, don't tell players when, hold a "matenance", buy off the items or wipe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

If it binds when equipped it's obviously bound to that character. That's how it works with bind on equip. Non tradeable and bound are 2 different things.

This idea will only help merchers and not the rest of the population IMO.
    It'd still be stash able, maybe BoA is a better concept (bind on account)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I never hold on to my stuff, I'll buy them and then sell them, just so I can try all the weaps ^^!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I would like to challenge everyone for and against this idea, to present their thoughts on what would help the current economic problem we see in Al. I reat alot of no this and that from alot of different people but very few with suggestions. So yes or no and what you would like to see, after all this is just brainstorming

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

High priced mythics and arcanes will be even higher.
    There won't be half as much pinks on auc causing new players to be forced to run in trash gear as any gear they buy can't be resold for a decent value. Tbh I'm getting the impression the only people backing up this thread are those people with arcanes/mythics they want to be 2x more so they can sell for more profit, they aren't looking at everyone else and how it will affect them.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Nice idea, however in my perspective this should only apply to a few if not the upcoming items. This BoE would make discontinued items rather hard to get around :3

It would have been great in the beginning but now, not so much....

Take Runescape for example, they implemented a system where there is a pre constructed price on an item when sold in their equivalent of a CS. Now people don't have to sell it for that price, it could be lower or higher, but generally seeing as it's there the players get a general value on an items worth and hence forth would sell it for that price regardless on personal thought.
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 11-28-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

This will just become another platinum thing again if its ever implemented.

Only 1000 Platinum to make your equip tradable again!!!

and also, it will just increase the price more as it will make items harder to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Noticing the double odds and everything....there is very less demand and more of supply which will cut off the prices going down. But what is happening is there's absolutely no gold circulation. There are more items than gold...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KKIDIRA View Post
    I would like to challenge everyone for and against this idea, to present their thoughts on what would help the current economic problem we see in Al. I reat alot of no this and that from alot of different people but very few with suggestions. So yes or no and what you would like to see, after all this is just brainstorming
    I would like to see new items in locked crates. It has been said hundreds of times already. Put some vanities. Put a new bow/rifle in there for example. Ankh kits, elixir kits, new pets, whatever. The whole economy of this game revolves around locked crates, so why not refresh them a bit.

And remove some of those junk pinks that the market is flooded with.

This would be a good start imo. And I doubt it would be that hard for devs to implement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A good idea would be for them to adjust the liquidation price for all legendary items to be 2k (the same amount you get when you get the minimum gold reward from a locked crate). Then increase the price of potions slightly to add a gold sink for that extra gold being added to the economy. The end result is all these junk legendary items will be liquidated and won't clutter the market. That should cause a general increase in price of all legendary items, which would result in farming being more profitable. Everyone knows how annoying it is when you loot a shade armor or something similar and you cannot even sell it because it's worth so little, that you just liquidate it for 15 gold. Looting a legendary item should yield more than 15 gold.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-28-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    I would like to see new items in locked crates. It has been said hundreds of times already. Put some vanities. Put a new bow/rifle in there for example. Ankh kits, elixir kits, new pets, whatever. The whole economy of this game revolves around locked crates, so why not refresh them a bit.

And remove some of those junk pinks that the market is flooded with.

This would be a good start imo. And I doubt it would be that hard for devs to implement.
    You do that and give it a month & you're right back where you started - to many items on the pile

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A good idea would be for them to adjust the liquidation price for all legendary items to be 2k (the same amount you get when you get the minimum gold reward from a locked crate). Then increase the price of potions slightly to add a gold sink for that extra gold being added to the economy. The end result is all these junk legendary items will be liquidated and won't clutter the market.
    I'm out of thanks but I really like this +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    You do that and give it a month & you're right back where you started - to many items on the pile
    Refresh periodically and you're not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    Refresh periodically and you're not.
    Tell sts that *7months later*