Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Economic solution: BoE items (Bind On Equip)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The problem I see here is for new players - the ones leveling up. Currently the proces is as follows:

1) Use common and epics found in low level maps until reaching travellers outpost.
    2) Liquidate trash for pennies until you have enough for the cheapest pinks.
    3) Wear those pinks until you outgrow them, sell them and buy new cheap pinks your level
    4) Gem the pinks as you sleep each night so you can resell for more
    5) Repeat step 3 and 4 all the way up the level process, also selling anything you find along the way (which is usually worthless)

Yes, I read the comments and this "cleansing essence" appears to only be for the wealthy end gamers. What about new players? If they can no longer sell the gear they grew out of to other players:

a) How will they afford more gear as they level up? there's no liquidation fee that would make logical sense here, unless STS was willing to continually adjust with price fluxuations.
    b) Who will provide decent, cheap pinks for these players? This would be putting the entire loot chain in the hands of crate poppers.
    c) What about the guy who spends every penny of his 500k to get mediocre gear so he has something to wear until he earns enough for good gear? Now he not only needs to earn gold, he also needs some expensive essence thing just to sell that mid-range gear and get decent?

I don't think there's a liquidation value that would work as a blanket that would be fair for all. Prices for non-end-game gear would be dependent on those who opened crates and would get out of hand super fast.

Not as critical, but certainly an issue also:
    When new gear comes out, who is going to test it and write informative reviews for other users? Most people who do testing and writeups never intend to keep the item, only use it to provide information to others and then resell it.
    Applying the BOE to the highest level gear of each season (for example this season 40-41 or 37-41) and using the planar essences to cleanse the bind items should solve everyones problem; from low level
    new players and collectors to resellers.

My advice though is to make this cleansing process significantly harder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

This will benefit lots of people while ripping off middle class and poor newbies.
    A new player wont be able to buy decent gears and sell em off as he level up and develops.
    When a newbie ask me for suggestions I always tell them buy gear only at level 16, 21,26,31,36,40,41. They won't be able to do that anymore as farming Planner bar for making them tradable is highly doubtable for them.
    While stuffs will be picking the prices there will be also a fact people will just buy only what he needs. There will be lots of gears people wont even bother to buy and try em out if the planner bar would be hard to farm which is likely to make bind successful. Yes People still buy lots of different pets but that's for different AA and APs which the gears don't serve. Expect Expiry at our selling items in auctions more. There are lots of pros and cons.
    Idk it might be a good idea to implement but I have a bad feelings about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Applying the BOE to the highest level gear of each season (for example this season 40-41 or 37-41) and using the planar essences to cleanse the bind items should solve everyones problem; from low level

Applying BOE to the highest level gears or arcane items is what I like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    This will benefit lots of people while ripping off middle class and poor newbies.
    A new player wont be able to buy decent gears and sell em off as he level up and develops.
    When a newbie ask me for suggestions I always tell them buy gear only at level 16, 21,26,31,36,40,41. They won't be able to do that anymore as farming Planner bar for making them tradable is highly doubtable for them.
    While stuffs will be picking the prices there will be also a fact people will just buy only what he needs. There will be lots of gears people wont even bother to buy and try em out if the planner bar would be hard to farm which is likely to make bind successful. Yes People still buy lots of different pets but that's for different AA and APs which the gears don't serve. Expect Expiry at our selling items in auctions more. There are lots of pros and cons.
    Idk it might be a good idea to implement but I have a bad feelings about it
    Somewhere, idk where, Enerjizeric (Or however the heck you type it), said something about how in PL you can farm twink gear/lower lvl'd gear. Personally, if this was to be implemented, I think good twink gear needs to drop in scaled elites for just those levels. Say you're a level 16, and you want better gear, then you can go farm Elite Brackenridge for a drop of gear, like you would have during the season where that was the level cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I have to disagree. When most people first reach the cap levels (like 40/41) they buy temporary gear so they have enough stats to farm for the good stuff that they can sell for money. They almost always, unless they are extremely wealthy players, then NEED to sell that temporary gear in order to afford the next quality level up.

Implementing this would just drive an even huger wedge between wealthy and/or overgeared, and not-so-wealthy and/or undergeared players. We already have such a huge financial gap in the player base that making it bigger would be catestrophic for the community.

The Planar tombs are NOT for new or mediocre-geared players, so those players would have next to no chance of getting the cleansing essence if it required the suggested 5 bars (which means 250 runs of tomb 3 - the hardest run in the game, or 500 runs of tomb 1). Also remember that this is elite content, so restricted to end game.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-29-2014 at 01:21 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I have to disagree. When most people first reach the cap levels (like 40/41) they buy temporary gear so they have enough stats to farm for the good stuff that they can sell for money. They almost always, unless they are extremely wealthy players, then NEED to sell that temporary gear in order to afford the next quality level up.

Implementing this would just drive an even huger wedge between wealthy and/or overgeared, and not-so-wealthy and/or undergeared players. We already have such a huge financial gap in the player base that making it bigger would be catestrophic for the community.

The Planar tombs are NOT for new or mediocre-geared players, so those players would have next to no chance of getting the cleansing essence if it required the suggested 5 bars (which means 250 runs of tomb 3 - the hardest run in the game, or 500 runs of tomb 1). Also remember that this is elite content, so restricted to end game.
    The truth is that the way AL currently is it can not sustain a BOE system and its not just for new players thats a small problem since legendary item prices are painfully cheap, actually BOE will help the average farmers keeping the surplus of legendary stuff controlled and the events will provide the dirt poor players with free better gear overtime.

^This is the biggest problem.

AL cant sustain Bind items, its not built for that cause it's based on popping lockeds this leaves the flow of mythic and arcane rarity items in the hands of few who would triumph and trample in a BOE system.

BOE system works where everyone can have access to the items so it plays out very very well in games with a F2P economy.

I said +1 to Derezzed suggestion though cause i believe gradually Arcane Legends is becoming F2P, check out the new mythic pendant which can be obtained nearly* for free.
    Hopefully if the F2P trend continues, when we start having 3/4 mythic items farmable through normal difficulty and costs but immensely long quests, adding BOE wont be a problem anymore.
    (You wont need mythics and millions/dollars in ankhs to finish the quests but time, this way the number of people left out will decrease but the number of items will more or less remain low)

NEARLY:Its true mythic pendant is free but the number of average players that can't farm for it cause they can not yet afford the mythics and ankhs necessary to run planar is significantly high.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-29-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-1 what about the not so rich players who want to buy the second best gear farm and farm and when they earn enough buy the bestgear
    Or the new players who buy cheap legendaries and when they lvl up they sell their previous legendaries and buy new ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I admit I've not read all the replies but I don't like the idea, this will stop the market and will create many other problems related to past items and what people already got.

A good thing could be imo to put an npc that gives you a random gem (yes also tarlok or other event gems that will disappear if not reintroduced in game) for (for example) 50 epic items or 10 legendary items and I would delete from the game all the common and rare items that anyone needs or want (exceptions made for past items like heraldic that will change rarity), this will give a market also to bad items dropped from crates or maps, won't introduce new gold in the game at the contrary it will do a little gold sink because of the auction commission price and will make all players able to try their luck and new builds with different gems (more it will give the server less data to save). An economy is healthy imo when there are many people that buy and sell many different items not when the market is stuck. Nowadays the problem in AL is that there are every day less people buying and everyday more people selling. Another problem is the big difference in prices between best items and less good but not bad items, I really prefered when there was a maximum price in auction and trades of 10 milions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

brilliant plan !!!!but yep i agred to epicrrr too.......because atm i think we all are having items those we have equipped at least once and rest we liquidate to make space in inventory ......it is our investment ......
    and one more thing..... umm . for ex. ..

i have 100m .. i brought a stuff xyz for 100m so as to increase my stats and afterwards i will sell it for 80m...... so its like an investment for future .....but if we will adapt BOE than many player [ especially non plat players ] would just be left with pink or an old mythic ..as its not easy for them to make many millions in the game where about in every couple of month one weapon or any equipment of high stats realease btw it wouldnt cost plat players alot and basically they open locks get items and sell.. and if they get something good they just used to equip them and make alot of gold....

and yes its a good plan also as it will make an item rare ... as .... neutral for this plan here