Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experienced players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Experienced players

As an avid gamer my self, im curious as to the korean ways of this games revenue. How much would I need to spend to unlock the areas, and any estimatr how much to spend to even competetively play this game? Not twinking low chars, just crafting costs, potions, gear...whatever stuff you gotta end up buying later. Hooked on this game, bit as I should get my laptop ordered this month to join my buddies playing Tera online, if I need to en up spending 50 bucks on a cell phone game, this is diacouraging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Only need 75 plat for all campaigns but u Always End up spending more lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lvl 55 archer, 50 mage, 50 bear, and a 15 twink. i have 100 inventory slots on all my toons....and I haven't spent one penny on platinum. Also have all the campaigns. There's a free platinum option - use it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But theres not that many apps to download anyway for 1p each..money isnt much of an issue I just cant seem to justify spending that much money on aphone game to my self.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatepon View Post
    But theres not that many apps to download anyway for 1p each..money isnt much of an issue I just cant seem to justify spending that much money on aphone game to my self.
    That is exactly how I felt... 1600 platinum ago (probably more now that I think about it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol oh man, I just got out of spending too much on league of legends...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Once you play the game, you'll see how worth it, it is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More than 50 bucks, price of a full retail game from main developers? O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Aye. I know and the worst part is if you consider the time I have spent on PL vs these full retail game my cost per hour is waaaay low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

More than 50 bucks, price of a full retail game from main developers? O_o
    I have paid $50+ for a lot of games, none were as good as PL. You absolutely don't have to spend anywhere near that much on PL. What's great OS that it's relatively cheap to get into the content, and it's only when you realize you are completely addicted and don't need any other games ever again, that you will plunk down for tons of plat and start spending it on frivolous extras.
    Last edited by Royce; 02-11-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wont need another online game again? O_O
    Im surr ill get sucked in and spend too much useless real life money, im just scared before the storm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All quiet before the storm blah blah..very little sleep in 2 days now PM, my grammar and mind fail me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I only spent 10-15 bucks and any extras I bought were with the free plat from tapjoy (over 60 so far).
    If you're on an idevice, use the tapjoy wall first, get enough plat for the first couple of maps and see how you like it. You really don't need to spend money on extras unless you're the type of person who values a virtual item more than your money. I don't. I would never spend real money on a virtual item -- only for the ability to play the game. So it's up to you. Many people spend lots of money, but you don't have to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've spent more than a hundred bucks on this game. Totally worth it to me. Even when I had issues with the char development (they nerfed my bear!), it's still the most well-rounded game I've tried and the longest I've stuck with. Seriously, after trying a ton of other games, mostly paid for, I really started to appreciate how well-crafted Pocket Legends is. I decided that the devs deserve my support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think the question you really need to ask yourself is "how fast do I want to advance". A good pile of platinum will ensure that you'll have a steady supply of experience multiplying elixirs.
    Buying gold is kinda... meh. I'll admit I've done it but it was completely frivolous. Gold will come as you need it but a little item/market understanding will allow you to expedite the flow through the consignment shop.

Expendable platinum goes a long way for the fun factor. My toons have more hats and apparel than Paris Hilton and they're downright fabulous. ;D If you do decide to buy platinum, take my advice...Spend the $50 for the 800. You'll thank yourself later. Besides, exp/damage/armor pots have crack cocaine in them so keep the buzz going.

You mentioned being competitive. If you're talking about PVP don't bother. I kill everyone ALL the time. (heh) I think the pvp system is surprisingly fun and well engineered. The fact that positioning, timing, and teamwork are critical factors adds to its playability and it doesn't cost money to get those skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Omg why would you spend plat on elixirs???? 1500 gold is much easier to come by than 3 plat!! You're basically buying gold with plat if you buy elixirs with plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Plat on elixir is paramount to buying a carton of milk with the family heirloom when your bank account has enough to buy a apartment building in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You can advance as fast as you want just by buying the campaigns. You can drop your own equips or buy them in CS for gold. Most of the items are not that expensive in CS and will let you get max armor and have a pretty good weapon.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

ive purchased elixers with plat before lol when i wanna save gold. i usually have a large amount of platinum anyway. ive calculated it before and with recent purchases, ive spent about $300+ on this game from april to now (almost a year). ive used tapjoy before for about like 10-20 plat but the process is extremely boring and annoying for 1 plat each. i remember one time when you recieved 8 plat for a game you had to purchase (it was only .99) so i did it since it was a steal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Omg why would you spend plat on elixirs???? 1500 gold is much easier to come by than 3 plat!! You're basically buying gold with plat if you buy elixirs with plat...
    600 platinum = 160,000 gold / 600 platinum = 200 lvling elixirs > 160,000 gold = 106.6 lvling elixirs.

or....

$50 = 256,000 gold = 170 elixirs = $.29/elixir
    $50 = 800 platinum = 266.6 elixirs = $.19/elixir = 35% less/dollar spent.

I'm not really sure what appears so unreasonable about buying elixirs with platinum. If you're saying it's difficult to get a hold of your parents credit card and as a result platinum is difficult to come by, then I understand. If you're saying you're overburdened with too much gold, I understand. The original poster hadn't even played the game yet so I'm willing to wager he's not sitting on a mountain of gold. Buying elixirs with platinum isn't like buying elixirs with gold. It's like buying them with platinum.