Thread: How to fix the lock problem-A detailed idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Default How to fix the lock problem-A detailed idea

Ok I tried on this one, so give me your feedback please! Anyway, lots of people are getting mad, because they open locks and they get loot. Well I have a solution!
    • STS, raise the minimum gold amount to 4k->Locks right now are 10k, and they will probably drop again once Black Friday is over. Nothing is more annoying than the classic, 2k, 2k, 2k in locked crate. We've all been there, and the annoying thing is, you get no profit! If you raise the minimum gold price to 4k, that's 12k if you get 4k each time. It might not look like a substantial increase, but you are getting twice as much money as you did last time, and you profit. Now, there might be more gold circulating in the market, but that kind of balances the item problem.
    • Remove this pink junk, or make the liquadation price 2k->One of the reasons why all the expedition weapons and conquistador armors are less than 1k, is because there is too many of those items! Let's say a platinum buyer opens 1,000 locks this year. Imagine all the legendaries he or she will loot! Selling all of them for 400 gold won't make any money. I suggest removing the conquistador armors, since we already have pretty good legendary gear from Ursoth. Keep the expedition weapons, since people actually use them. Another solution, would be to increase the liquadation price. There would be more gold in the market, which could turn into a problem, but at least you profit from locks.
    • Have the best gear be in direct drops as well- This would be huge, because STS would still make a profit. Lots of people would buy ankh kits, elixirs, or plat revives just to do these maps. You could still have the gear dropping at a higher rate in locks, but this would be a win-win situation for PvE farmers and platinum buyers.
    • Bonus Idea: STS, please make planar arena profitable. People are running in there, looking for a fossil or a mythic recipe. Literally nothing else in that arena is good. The legendary gears are horrendous. People spend lots of gold on ankhs, and I know people who have used lots of time up in their day, just to look for the recipe. Honestly, if there wasn't a recipe, people would only run it for AP's.

That's it, enjoy, and please give feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

sts just dont want to make stop people from buying plats and using it all on locks

tbh, i think more people will open locks more if the mythic and arcane rate was higher on locks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjswogkstkdg View Post
    sts just dont want to make stop people from buying plats and using it all on locks

tbh, i think more people will open locks more if the mythic and arcane rate was higher on locks.
    That would be bad though, too many items would be on the market. That's the problem we are having right now. They can raise the rate, but people will still complain about being unlucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    That would be bad though, too many items would be on the market. That's the problem we are having right now. They can raise the rate, but people will still complain about being unlucky.
    would you like the gap between the riches and the new players to be this wide?
    becasue i want the new users to have the chance to buy mythics.

Im not talking about making it 70% chance or anything. Right now, the chance is way too low. probably lower than 0.001%.

i think this is a bigger problem than prices for items falling down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjswogkstkdg View Post
    would you like the gap between the riches and the new players to be this wide?
    becasue i want the new users to have the chance to buy mythics.

Im not talking about making it 70% chance or anything. Right now, the chance is way too low. probably lower than 0.001%.

i think this is a bigger problem than prices for items falling down.
    The gap would be closer if mythic gear and arcane gear was farmable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

The gap would be closer if mythic gear and arcane gear was farmable

and im +1000000000000000000000000000 on that.
    i asked remi about this earlier, and she said sts has no plans on the future about adding mythics and arcanes. Thats why i was suggesting to increase the chance instead.

but she did say

[01-12, 18:02] cjswogkstkdg: there needs to be more ways to make gold for freetoplay users..

[01-12, 18:03] cjswogkstkdg: farming elties isnt gonna get anyone anywhere and merching isnt so efficient these days

[01-12, 18:03] Remiem: I know that's true cj. We're working on that. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
    Last edited by cjswogkstkdg; 12-01-2014 at 09:58 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cjswogkstkdg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ok I tried on this one, so give me your feedback please! Anyway, lots of people are getting mad, because they open locks and they get loot. Well I have a solution!
    • STS, raise the minimum gold amount to 4k->Locks right now are 10k, and they will probably drop again once Black Friday is over. Nothing is more annoying than the classic, 2k, 2k, 2k in locked crate. We've all been there, and the annoying thing is, you get no profit! If you raise the minimum gold price to 4k, that's 12k if you get 4k each time. It might not look like a substantial increase, but you are getting twice as much money as you did last time, and you profit. Now, there might be more gold circulating in the market, but that kind of balances the item problem.
    • Remove this pink junk, or make the liquadation price 2k->One of the reasons why all the expedition weapons and conquistador armors are less than 1k, is because there is too many of those items! Let's say a platinum buyer opens 1,000 locks this year. Imagine all the legendaries he or she will loot! Selling all of them for 400 gold won't make any money. I suggest removing the conquistador armors, since we already have pretty good legendary gear from Ursoth. Keep the expedition weapons, since people actually use them. Another solution, would be to increase the liquadation price. There would be more gold in the market, which could turn into a problem, but at least you profit from locks.
    • Have the best gear be in direct drops as well- This would be huge, because STS would still make a profit. Lots of people would buy ankh kits, elixirs, or plat revives just to do these maps. You could still have the gear dropping at a higher rate in locks, but this would be a win-win situation for PvE farmers and platinum buyers.
    • Bonus Idea: STS, please make planar arena profitable. People are running in there, looking for a fossil or a mythic recipe. Literally nothing else in that arena is good. The legendary gears are horrendous. People spend lots of gold on ankhs, and I know people who have used lots of time up in their day, just to look for the recipe. Honestly, if there wasn't a recipe, people would only run it for AP's.

That's it, enjoy, and please give feedback!
    The Pink "Junk" maybe precious for other, don't remove that, locked opener sold that equipment cheap .... Not all player afford to buy expensive gear, maybe they can only buy below 10k
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Honestly I think the 4/4/4 is a great idea. Actually I'm sure that it's a good idea but I'd sure love it.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You need to be able to farm good gear. I agree completely on that. Make elites worth running so people want to run them. They have an elite system in place that nobody wants to do, some would see that as a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Lol then locked would cost 15k in cs.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Lol then locked would cost 15k in cs.
    Thought about that but not everyone can open them so its still going to fluctuate on supply and demand I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Obee, do you even play AL? if so how long do you play per day?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Obee, do you even play AL? if so how long do you play per day?
    FORGET LOCKS. Make things farmable and everyone will be a whole lot happier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I for one am so entirely SICK of everything being INSIDE of a chest, whether it be a locked box, arena chest, planar tomb chest... it's so dumb. They miss the boat entirely by sticking everything valuable inside of chests- it's extremely deflating to the morale here. Not only do you have to farm for chests and that's a HUGE time suck, you also have to gamble once again to hope anything is inside of them.

The majority of us are actually OK with using plat to crate, you know it's a gamble and it's your choice to spend the plat or not.

The arena crates and the planar tomb crates make me so angry. Their contents inside are so dismal- waste of our time.

And yes Obee, they need to put back the larger payouts inside of the locked boxes. They listened to one person on the forums and took that out a long time ago, and it made crating not only spending of your real money but sucks all your gold as well in buying them. Lose- Lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Pwease let us farm some exclusive ultra rarey rare vanitays ;v

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol obee I just put a post for ideas to fix locked crates a couple of days ago. I think the best way to fix this issue is to get rid of the locks period and make the best gear available for farming. Or make something like recipes in the crates to combine gear or something I dunno.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

2k,2k,2k not again lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

The REAL problem that i have, after a Sudden bright moment, realised is this!
    We complain.
    We also have all rights to complain, because from time to time we ACTUALLY have better ideas, or sts ideas are...
    Lets just say Not the best.
    But, as we change something we change the entire game, and that is what is creating the economic problems.
    For an example first we say "too much gold in game" and they add sinks
    Now we say "too much Items in game" and what do we LOGICALLY do then?
    They make liquidating Cost higher.
    Now, what will we complain about? THE GOLD.
    Everything changes everything, wich makes it VERY hard to know what is a good suggestion and what will ruin everything.