Thread: choices choices? What spec/class for my first non-pure alt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default choices choices? What spec/class for my first non-pure alt?

Have been thinking about creating a non-pure character but haven't got a clue which direction to go in. Any advice?

I've currently got a pure of each class and am loving my elf and bird best.

I only dip in and out of PL so this would be a distraction from my main three characters, which could be bad thing? Should I level them first?

Haven't really ventured into BS too much yet so maybe I should concentrate on this before considering spending/wasting time with further characters.

Lots of great info on forums and am toying with either a dual build mage or a pally.

Lots to think about. Any good advice to make to choice easier?

Cheers in advance.....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if you've done this on a char yet, but doing all the quests with a new char is pretty fun or if you're a hardcore player, you could solo to a certain level. The best char is probably and elf for the heal if you solo, or whatever you choose if you don't want to solo.
    Blasterbird- lvl 20 twink
    Intbird- Main acc
    Soloed- new acc, soloing to 50.

Need a twink build? Ask here!

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I personally love playing a pally, and if you don't want to level your new character up you could always make a twink. I'd explore into Balefort Sewers a little bit first, there's tons of new content (crafting, rings, bosses, etc). Nothing say's that you can't switch back and forth though, creating a new character is a good break from seemingly endless leveling.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBird View Post
    I'm not sure if you've done this on a char yet, but doing all the quests with a new char is pretty fun or if you're a hardcore player, you could solo to a certain level. The best char is probably and elf for the heal if you solo, or whatever you choose if you don't want to solo.
    Top idea. Forgot about completing the quests, I did think about that and would be good to go over all the maps again. I could even go complete all the quests with my currents, whilst I'm deciding. I seriously overlooked the swamps. Thanks
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    I personally love playing a pally, and if you don't want to level your new character up you could always make a twink.
    I get that a twink is a lower levelled character but don't really understand the purpose. Is it purely for PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Nothing say's that you can't switch back and forth though, creating a new character is a good break from seemingly endless leveling.
    That's exactly where I have got to. PL has turned into a bit of a grind recently. So I think by creating a new alt i'm looking to re-energise my PL playing, but doesn't have to be a new alt. So any other suggestions to mix things up a bit are more than welcomed.

I've been randomly helping newbies for the past few days and pointing them towards the forums. I wish I had looked here much sooner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I've been randomly helping newbies for the past few days and pointing them towards the forums. I wish I had looked here much sooner.
    Right? The forum is probably the best way to find info. =) But I'd advise you to lvl up your main. If you don't want to grind, do the quests and go and kill a few bosses. Then you can lvl up your other characters. I don't see why you would want to have 3 pures + a dual/hybrid alt. Choose one char you want to play with and make it your main. Then just have fun with the others. If you're happy with your main, you can do some really funny stuff with alts, considering you still have a char you're satisfied with.
    There is no "I" in team. There is a "me" however, if you jumble it up a bit.

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I get that a twink is a lower levelled character but don't really understand the purpose. Is it purely for PVP?
    Most twinks are for PVP, you can also farm lower level pinks with them. Personally, I don't twink, but I know a lot of people do.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...