Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to Bring back the 50,000 gold in locked!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb Time to Bring back the 50,000 gold in locked!!!

Wow so you looted than new rare mythic item in a locked necro crate woohoo!!! Only to find out no one had any gold to buy it with anymore in the CS or really anywhere. Now that we finally have really rid ourselves of the wretched platinum farmers (which were the real reason there was too much gold in the game) isn't it time to revisit the locked rewards and PUT THE 50K BACK IN THE LOCKED!

And hey maybe let's not stop there while we're working on it how about adding maybe a 100k and rarer 500k even!!!

WE NEED MORE GOLD IN THE GAME!!!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Cant imagine anyone would disagree with this

Some people asked STS to stop giving out 50k gold in crates to create a gold sink due to all the plat farmers

There no more plat farmers now, there is no new gold coming in game but there are tons of new expensive/rare items coming in game with a comically low value
    Why keep the same gold sink tactic we used on plat farmers when there are no plat farmers in existence?

Revive our dying market with gold in crates again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

They could raise the liquidation amount of pinks also.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mlb2005 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    cant imagine anyone would disagree with this

some people asked sts to stop giving out 50k gold in crates to create a gold sink due to all the plat farmers

there no more plat farmers now, there is no new gold coming in game but there are tons of new expensive/rare items coming in game with a comically low value
    why keep the same gold sink tactic we used on plat farmers when there are no plat farmers in existence?

Revive our dying market with gold in crates again.
    here here!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Just to bother madnab I strongly disagree xD

But +1 fade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

i hope this thread is a joke. We've got enough issues with people with hundreds of millions of gold in the game, driving prices up beyond all reason. This is mostly because of the plat farmers and excessive gold drops in crates.

Now you want to add even more gold, which would cause more inflation and more economic issues? Not to mention this would only benefit crate poppers. How on earth would anyone else be able to afford the inflated prices?

The economy is still adjusting to the removal of plat farming. When nobody can afford the inflated prices, those prices will drop to something more realistic.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    i hope this thread is a joke. We've got enough issues with people with hundreds of millions of gold in the game, driving prices up beyond all reason. This is mostly because of the plat farmers and excessive gold drops in crates.

Now you want to add even more gold, which would cause more inflation and more economic issues? Not to mention this would only benefit crate poppers. How on earth would anyone else be able to afford the inflated prices?

The economy is still adjusting to the removal of plat farming. When nobody can afford the inflated prices, those prices will drop to something more realistic.
    These are very specific people, Serancha. Everybody else is quite poor, lol. The way to affect these top 1%, including me is by making their multiple Midas Touch's worth less than they were before. Thus, 50k in locked crates.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

+999

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CAK Vader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't think so, and can't believe you guys are actually requesting inflation.

The problem with the game's economy is too much gold circulating. Adding more to crate poppers will not help the economy, the wealth gap, or the community as a whole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    These are very specific people, Serancha. Everybody else is quite poor, lol. The way to affect these top 1%, including me is by making their multiple Midas Touch's worth less than they were before. Thus, 50k in locked crates.
    It doesn't quite work that way. Adding more gold in this game is like adding more water to the shallow end of your pool. It will end up flowing down to the deep end anyway. The end result after some time will be that all that money flows to that 1%, but now prices will become even more inflated for the rarest items. However, the cheap farmable items will NOT go up in value since they are all too common with little demand for them.

The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. There is plenty of gold, people are just not spending it, myself included. For example, I would love to upgrade my ring. I currently have a mythic ring that cost 700k. I've got 20m to spend on an upgrade, yet none exists. So instead I will save my gold until I can afford the arcane ring.

I'd also like to buy a Dark Crystal armor, so I can craft an upgraded armor to my mythic, but none exists for sale, so I save my gold. I'd also like to buy a mythic amulet recipe, but none exists for sale, so again I save my gold. Giving me more gold is not going to change that unless I get 50m more so I can buy an arcane ring. There are a ton of players in this same situation as me.

The problem with the economy is lack of "middle class" gear. There is cheap crap and super rare elite items, and not much in between.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

The problem with the game's economy is too much gold circulating. Adding more to crate poppers will not help the economy, the wealth gap, or the community as a whole.
    We will see, if they implement it.
    -9001 to the suggestion on 500k in locks though, thats just sick.
    And, IMO player suggestions have a tendency to turn out wrong, and so we complain again.
    Who knows what the right thing thing to do is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm just going to put this out as a suggestion for STS, but they are now a big enough company where they should really have some sort of economist on staff. Seriously, the economy of an MMO is directly related to the health of the game, and I think maybe it's time that STS bring in someone who is qualified to oversee the economy of their games. They have top programmers, graphic people, etc, so why not have someone to manage the economy of the game (drop rates, amount of gold in the economy, gold sinks, etc.)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I don't think there's nearly as much gold as you think if that was the case it wouldn't be that you can't even sell mythic items anymore... Don't try and tell me everyone has the new mythics either... although I think having more weapons for Christmas is also a mistake. I know many that want them but no one has any gold except a VERY select few (and they probably already have them (lvl 41 mythic) anyhow... maybe you're one of them Energizeric?

I'm sure everyone that doesn't spend plat will disagree but I bet most of them that do will agree... these are also the same people btw... that bring all of these mythic and arcane items into the game... unless you really believe a lot are being farmed. (I hope you don't believe that... if you do you prolly think fossils come from arena)
    Last edited by notfaded1; 12-03-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The gold doesn't circulate. The 1% rich have it and there's no way to get them to spend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    The gold doesn't circulate. The 1% rich have it and there's no way to get them to spend it.
    And giving them more gold will fix the problem? I don't think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It doesn't quite work that way. Adding more gold in this game is like adding more water to the shallow end of your pool. It will end up flowing down to the deep end anyway. The end result after some time will be that all that money flows to that 1%, but now prices will become even more inflated for the rarest items. However, the cheap farmable items will NOT go up in value since they are all too common with little demand for them.

The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. There is plenty of gold, people are just not spending it, myself included. For example, I would love to upgrade my ring. I currently have a mythic ring that cost 700k. I've got 20m to spend on an upgrade, yet none exists. So instead I will save my gold until I can afford the arcane ring.

I'd also like to buy a Dark Crystal armor, so I can craft an upgraded armor to my mythic, but none exists for sale, so I save my gold. I'd also like to buy a mythic amulet recipe, but none exists for sale, so again I save my gold. Giving me more gold is not going to change that unless I get 50m more so I can buy an arcane ring. There are a ton of players in this same situation as me.

The problem with the economy is lack of "middle class" gear. There is cheap crap and super rare elite items, and not much in between.
    Yes, I understand that it doesn't work that way in real life because the top 1% are usually employing the rest. In return, they profit off of the 99% and the money just flows back to them. However, in AL, there is not really any employment. The poor obtain items through locked crates and such & then the rich buy it from them. So really, this is just making their gold less than what it was before. The way that the rich replenish their gold supplies is through merchanting, crate popping, or farming. If you lower the value of their gold, it means that they have to distribute more of their gold to the 99%.

I do agree, however, the the game does lack a middle class.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    Yes, this is why I agree with having inflation.

Serancha - a lot of the wealthy players are not extreme platinum buyers. Thus, it levels the gold and reduces the gold power of the rich. Do you not think it's a bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?
    I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Completely agree that there's no middle class. Without constant updates with new gear that make people want to upgrade and sell their old gear it will stay this same stale format. Mmorpg's have to constantly evolve to keep a healthy market in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I agree, or raise the 2k to 4 or 5k