Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to Bring back the 50,000 gold in locked!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, this is why I agree with having inflation.

Serancha - a lot of the wealthy players are not extreme platinum buyers. Thus, it levels the gold and reduces the gold power of the rich. Do you not think it's a bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?
    You won't change my mind on this. It is obscene to have people with multiple millions in stashes. Making MORE people able to do the same is not a solution.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

[01-12, 18:02] cjswogkstkdg: there needs to be more ways to make gold for freetoplay users..

[01-12, 18:03] cjswogkstkdg: farming elties isnt gonna get anyone anywhere and merching isnt so efficient these days

[01-12, 18:03] Remiem: I know that's true cj. We're working on that. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Might as well make elite bosses drop chests with 50K gold in them, rather than legendaries.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is the solution (IMO):

1) Once again cut back on the chance of looting legendary items from locked crates. I opened 125 crates this past weekend and got no arcane items, 1 mythic item, and about 30 legendary items. 30/1 ratio between legendary and mythic is too great a difference. Maybe it should be 5-to-1 or 10-to-1. The result of my 30 legendary items is that most of them are not even worth 2k, so I would have preferred to get the 2k rewards instead of almost all of them. Making them less abundant will solve this issue and drive prices up. Just think about it....if an expedition rifle or bow was actually a somewhat rare item, the better versions (brutality/potency) would go for many tens of thousands of gold. Then looting one of these from a locked crate would actually make most players happy instead of saying "oh crap, I got another junk item". This will also result in more gold rewards from the crates, thus increasing the gold supply.

2) Increase the liquidation prices of legendary, mythic and arcane items. I realize nobody is liquidating mythic or arcane items, but really should the liquidation price of my Kershal staff be 1k gold? Should be more like 1m gold at least, and mythic items should be at least 100k IMO. That way if the price starts falling below that, people will liquidate rather then sell, and then the supply of items in existence will decrease, which will drive the price back over 100k (for mythic items) or 1m (for arcane items). Likewise, I think legendary items should all have a liquidation price of 1k --- this should be the minimum price of any legendary item. And thus, if too many of an item drop and the price falls below that, people will liquidate until it becomes less common and the price goes back up over 1k, so the supply/demand issue will solve itself. Basically this would be STS implementing some form of price controls to help stabilize the market. For all you "free market" people, even in the most capitalist countries there have been price controls implemented during economic crisis.

3) Lastly, to make up for all this extra gold being pumped into the economy (more gold rewards from locked crates, and more gold from liquidation prices), increase the price of potions somewhat. I'm not sure what the exact price increase should be, but something small which will make up for this extra gold being created.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here is the solution (IMO):

1) Once again cut back on the chance of looting legendary items from locked crates. I opened 125 crates this past weekend and got no arcane items, 1 mythic item, and about 30 legendary items. 30/1 ratio between legendary and mythic is too great a difference. Maybe it should be 5-to-1 or 10-to-1. The result of my 30 legendary items is that most of them are not even worth 2k, so I would have preferred to get the 2k rewards instead of almost all of them. Making them less abundant will solve this issue and drive prices up. Just think about it....if an expedition rifle or bow was actually a somewhat rare item, the better versions (brutality/potency) would go for many tens of thousands of gold. Then looting one of these from a locked crate would actually make most players happy instead of saying "oh crap, I got another junk item". This will also result in more gold rewards from the crates, thus increasing the gold supply.

2) Increase the liquidation prices of legendary, mythic and arcane items. I realize nobody is liquidating mythic or arcane items, but really should the liquidation price of my Kershal staff be 1k gold? Should be more like 1m gold at least, and mythic items should be at least 100k IMO. That way if the price starts falling below that, people will liquidate rather then sell, and then the supply of items in existence will decrease, which will drive the price back over 100k (for mythic items) or 1m (for arcane items). Likewise, I think legendary items should all have a liquidation price of 1k --- this should be the minimum price of any legendary item. And thus, if too many of an item drop and the price falls below that, people will liquidate until it becomes less common and the price goes back up over 1k, so the supply/demand issue will solve itself. Basically this would be STS implementing some form of price controls to help stabilize the market. For all you "free market" people, even in the most capitalist countries there have been price controls implemented during economic crisis.

3) Lastly, to make up for all this extra gold being pumped into the economy (more gold rewards from locked crates, and more gold from liquidation prices), increase the price of potions somewhat. I'm not sure what the exact price increase should be, but something small which will make up for this extra gold being created.

I'm not good with that economy things... but it sounds like a good idea for me... just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Stop adding goods to locks. Add more elite lootable goods so fair players who dont buy plat has a chance to get one in a decent price. Increasing gold amount in locks means lockers will make more money which will also create inflation which makes ppl who doesnt have much gold broke. Make this game back fun sts. Stop addin stuff to locks and make ppl play pve a bit to get items. That wud make this game more fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

+1 for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You guys realize arcane ring is still 100m right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    You guys realize arcane ring is still 100m right?
    You realize you dont know the market at all right? but if you find someone offering 100m bring them to me