Thread: consignment store change idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default consignment store change idea

Instead of making us pay crazy amount of fees when we put the items on consignment store, i think it'll be better for everyone if the fees were taken out after the transaction has been completed.

My eng is not fluent so bare wiff me

For example, lets say i'm putting a 1m gold worth item on the consignment store. I'll have to pay 5% of the price of item (which is 50k), as a fee for using the consignment store.

Instead of adding the 5% as the fee when we put up the item on the consignment shop, it would be better if the 5% was deducted from the final transaction. So i would be receiving 950k instead of 1m if the item got sold.

Why is this important you ask?
    More people will be able to use the consignment shop more freely, without having the fear of being undercutted by few golds.
    People who are middle class and lower have to make money by selling cheap items with a lot of supply and demand. For example, event vanities. These people are not selling things because as soon as they put up an item on the consignment shop, they tend to find their items in the second page by next day and when this repeats a few time, huge deficit.

Many expensive items are hard to be seen on the consignment shop because of this fee. If you have been playing this game for a while, you may have seen expensive items price jumping up and down alot of times. This is because not only there are not enough items in the game, but also not enough people putting the item on the consignment store. In my opinion, consignment store is frequently used as price checking thing, and if an item is put for extreme price, people will also raise the price on the item. Honest person may jump in and post an item for right price, but until then, most people depend the pricing from the consignment store. And since there are not many in the consignment store, people take this chance to monopoly the item and increase the price.

Again, I'm not asking for the fees to be removed, but instead, to be changed so it deducts after the sale has been completed.

Less scams, more items on the consignment store, and much easier to search items. And i think this will event out a gap by at least a little from the riches and the poors.

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by cjswogkstkdg; 12-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Undercutting will go crazy... just sayin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Undercutting will go crazy... just sayin
    This^^^

People will just keep removing their listings (because there will be no fee charged) and they will relist at a lower price. Prices on everything will fall fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

The fees aren't really crazy. Most people trade big items because they know the fee in CS is going to be pretty high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cs is already good. i have other game you need to pay before you put an item in cs (like AL)
    and if you sold the item, cs will get 2% more to your soldd item