Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear combo: please consider reversing it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    1) noob bear is not a term. it is when a player that is using a bear is just not very good. he CAN learn. there are also noob mages (dont heal) and noob birds (dont do cruel blast combos).
    2) the entire game tries to stress inter-class gameplay. you are now arguing with STS
    1) yes, he/she can but is it really something that he/she needs to do and is it making the class less favorable?
    2) I don't mind inter class play and definitely want to encourage that but intra-class issues is different situation.
    3) This is a suggestion sub forum and I appreciate you input but I'm not arguing with anyone. I am definitely not arguing with STS.
    Last edited by darcsdude; 02-13-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Original message was done on my phone, lots of typos and grammar issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Although one fantastic thing about this combo is, if the Mage knows what he's doing, you beckon, he freezes, you stomp, which if you set it up quickly enough it should give the ice shatter combo and the smash combination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I like the combo. Beckon + Stomp is already what I did before the update, this just made it better.

And like Arterra said, the best way to do it is get them to a wall, step back, stomp. Its amazing how fast you can clear when you have 2 bears synchronized on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think everyone should push for the GOD ELIXIR. Drink it and you're instantly max level w/ the best gear. All done, good luck, and all that. See how easy that was?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again since we have gotten so off topic. the whole point of this thread was a suggestion to change the order of the combo and that's it.

i really don't have that big of an issue with the skills themselves.

The purpose again is to reduce there amount of flinging that occurs otherwise.

It would make it easier to use the combo more often instead of having to look for walls, corners, move around (hoping you aren't frozen or rooted) etc.
    Last edited by darcsdude; 02-13-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I do have to say one thing. It is also the fault of the dpsers to give the bear time to position the mobs. When I play my bear I try run into the mobs and try to position myself where my beckon can pull all the mobs at once. But everytime I try this before I can even get to the first mob the dspers are already slamming the mobs so they just run past me straight to the dpsers. This is why I don't enjoy playing my bear.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the current combo due to the inability of other races unable to tank a beacon then stomp you have the six closest enemies mostly on you the pull/push combo agro is nice keeps those birdies and casters alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree you guys have a combo now but not as usful as others could be made smarter and better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

We're talking about a self-combo. I'm almost always playing in groups. I really hope when I do shattering scream, it's not to followed w/ blast shot but rather hell scream. I hope when I ice storm, it's not for fire storm, but rather for stomp. I hope when I thorn wall, it's followed by lightning. And I hope when I beckon, someone drops lightning and icestorm and thorn wall on the npc mob. If at some point, I get a chance to stomp, fine, but that's not why I'm beckoning in a group.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodest View Post
    I like the current combo due to the inability of other races unable to tank a beacon then stomp you have the six closest enemies mostly on you the pull/push combo agro is nice keeps those birdies and casters alive.
    Um, no, when used badly it actually kills the birds. Why? Birds almost always end up with aggro. If you throw the enemies around, they usually end up missing on the combos, and it takes longer to kill them. Thus the birds take considerably more damage.

Frankly, the beckon-stomp combo was a terrible addition to the game. I said that before it was added, and I've seen nothing since to change my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    Um, no, when used badly it actually kills the birds. Why? Birds almost always end up with aggro. If you throw the enemies around, they usually end up missing on the combos, and it takes longer to kill them. Thus the birds take considerably more damage.

Frankly, the beckon-stomp combo was a terrible addition to the game. I said that before it was added, and I've seen nothing since to change my opinion.
    well, this is why I was trying to get it changed in regards to order, if beckon is after, it will pull the mobs at least back to the warrior. If done correctly, it would be stomp - beckon - taunt, hopefully restabilishing aggro to the warrior by the end.

Like most people here I have each of the 3 classes and find warrior in need of some subtle tweaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darcsdude View Post
    Old combo was crushing blow and stomp.

I agree mystical, you can make beckon work like that. The issue is if you have two enemies where the timing won't work that easily without causing one to be extremely far away because if you mistime it, you will beck and stomp them a screen and a half away.
    Ah I see Ty for the info, and they have taken this old combo out of the game? And one more thing, what was the name of this combo
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2582/29839pocketlegends3dmmo.jpg
    Zux Str Bear
    Zuxs Dex Bird
    Zuks Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to do a combo... do you press Crushing Blow + Stomp together?? or one by one in quick succession??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Ok I know this is an old thread but I just ran acrossed it and decided to add my two cent :-)

Honestly I feel the current combo is great if you know how to control it! One of the best ways for any bear to control where and how far a mob is thrown is by doing wall pulls.....now, if you do a wall pull and stomp the mob just flies away again the trick is to do a wall pull and runn slightly away from wall while stomping! Not only does this pull all in on spot for other races to do combos on.....it also keeps them from flying everywhere when you stomp and deliver your combo and still slash without having to chase everyone down.... Even when I solo I have found this to the best and most controlled method for max damage weather I play dex or str bear!
    Anyways if you haven't tried it before do so..... I have played with to many bears who just run around throwing people everywhere and it gets old quick ....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very bad idea.. a good bear pulls to wall then walks out a bit and stomps them back to wall. There is plenty of time in between the 2 moves to combo. If you have to stomp first, you could knock them out of range of beckon. Also, stomp combo helps you keep aggro when you pull the group. Maybe its just me who believes this..Thinking twice, some situations this idea would work well for but for 99% of situations the combo the way it is right now is flawless.
    Last edited by Yoshura; 04-25-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i did a respec on the beckon... because of that reason, i was piiisssing ppl off buy blasting every one away, then pulling them back in ever direction or the oppisite...

so, what do you do ? leasson the beckon was my logical choice... adn control the stomp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A disadvantage cN be maybe u have low hp and u need regen time so push them away....
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Beckon and Stomp are fine as they are. It's all about positioning.