Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchanted eye of Syrillax is bugged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Exclamation Enchanted eye of Syrillax is bugged

Name:  1418197806214~2.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  222.5 KB

Hi Devs,
    Just noticed that the enchanted eye gem does not give 2.13 crit for level 41 as was said by Rem in chatbox.
    Instead it gives 0.97 crit. Its not a textual glitch either. It just adds 0.97. Please look into this and fix it,cause this gem is the actual star of the event..
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It took 165 bosses to reach platinum tier. When I installed this gem in my mythic pendant my stats changed as follows.

Damage gain 0.4
    Hp gain was 45
    Mana gain was 30
    Critical gain 1.01

I replaced one normal fire gem with the enchanted eye.

Now, for the cost of 165 energy and many hours of time and effort, this is totally unsatisfactory as a reward. I would get better stats with a grand fire or wind gem, and this is supposed to be "the" item of the event.

The recipe is a gimmick also. In 47 Syrillax fights, I only saw 2 of the eyes required to craft this gem drop. Let us not forget that it also requires an item costing 10 plat as an ingredient. So is it currently worth the cost and effort to reach plat tier to get one gem and a recipe to make more? Absolutely not.

Please, STS, if you're going to make something require this much work to obtain, it has to be worth it. This gem as it currently stands is a joke.

(note that if purchasing energy, the cost to obtain this gem would be 825 plat, or 4.1million gold in the cs)
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-10-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Exactly. The cost of crafting this gem is way much more for it to be justified with the current stats. Was the crit nerf accidental or intentional? If its intentional then there is no point for farming this gem.
    Would appreciate if any dev commented on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Even if the crit was put back to the 2.something%, this gem is still far far below what it should be.

This is an item that costs the equivilant of 855 platinum (time = money, so yes, I count the energy crafting time as value also) to gain. I have over 6100 event points and have still only seen 2 eye ingredients looted (by other people), so this is the cost for a single gem. If you want to actually use the recipe, that will cost a whole lot more.

Look at the paracelsus gem. That took like 1/4 of the effort and is 10x better, even when you don't look at the first stone bonus. Add that in and compare it to this gem that gives less benefits than a tarlok.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any words on this yet?

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. Apologies for the confusion, this change was intentional as decided by the designers. We are open to your feedback on where the gem SHOULD be for the effort to get it. What do you think? What kind of changes would you like to see to this gem?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Remi,
    If this change was intentional I would like to know why was not it informed? As far as all the latest communications are concerned everytime it specified 2.13 crit. And in the game the tier award doesnt show any crit at all so there is no way to find the amount of crit it would give. To buy the gem/receive the gem and then learning of the change(which till now we didnt know) is surprising. Hope you guys do something about it.
    And as for any changes on it, I think there are more experienced people to comment on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. Apologies for the confusion, this change was intentional as decided by the designers. We are open to your feedback on where the gem SHOULD be for the effort to get it. What do you think? What kind of changes would you like to see to this gem?
    I outlined in my posts above exactly what earning this reward entails from a player aspect. A mythic pet costs 250 plat. We are looking at something that takes over 3 times that in energy value. The paracelsus stone gave a damage boost that was run through the bonus damage multiplier, making it much more beneficial in practice than it looked on paper, and that required about 1/4 of the effort.

To make this worth the effort and a worthy reward, it needs to be far better than the cheap gems we can make. Tarlok gems in super form give what? 5 or 6 of one stat and 4 of the other? We can make those without even reaching silver tier. If the drop rates of the eye are going to stay as low as they currently are, the market is hardly going to be bursting with these things.

I don't want to put down exact stat numbers, as I am aware that there are many game-balance and economic factors involved that need to be calculated in. I would, however, suggest seriously looking at the cost and time involvement, look at the stats that the very popular tarlok and paracelsus gems provide, and make this one something along those lines, but a step up to warrant the rarity and effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Wow, this gem is getting worse not better. Switching to slow event map mode until this gem becomes worth the effort.

Only benefit I see is that there is no grand version. I'd personally prefer to spend the time on grand tarloks than this disappointment of a 'grand prize'

What would make it worth it to me....

Return the crit to 2.14 and add +5 primary stat bonus for the first gem socketed like the DMG bonus from the para gem for the first gem only.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Why was it nerfed at all? It is very similar to a tarlok gem now, not worth the effort :/

Unlike paracelsus gem, this is tradeable so who cares if it's op or not, new players can buy later.

No recipe, no money.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Imo it needs to be the original crit and 4/4/4 stats to make it worth it. The base stats should be better than a reg gem.
    Last edited by Raregem; 12-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Nerf moar pls. Much op. Very useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This gem has no "super" version so should be enough to warrant 5 of each gem, a plat ingredient and an exceedingly rare drop along with the plat tier effort involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

The crit on the gem could be a problem because if you gem each slot in an arcane ring, a lvl 41 mythic weap, and a lvl planar pendant you're looking at a crit buff of 19.26% (2.14*9)

And that's without a pet, people.

So for rouges who are already crit monsters that kind of buff is just way too OP.

Never mind that you can also slot the new Imbued Crystal gears with a possible four more gems for a crit buff of 27.82% (2.14*13), which has to be a serious PVP game breaker.

So I can see why the nerfed it, I just don't know how to fix it.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    Wow, this gem is getting worse not better. Switching to slow event map mode until this gem becomes worth the effort.

Only benefit I see is that there is no grand version. I'd personally prefer to spend the time on grand tarloks than this disappointment of a 'grand prize'

What would make it worth it to me....

Return the crit to 2.14 and add +5 primary stat bonus for the first gem socketed like the DMG bonus from the para gem for the first gem only.
    Hi Thrin,

I had suggested exactly the same. 3×3 + 3×5 for the first gem (non-stackable) + the crit bonus. After thinking about it a doing some calculations I do think, that the crit should be nerfed. Especially since the gem can be both traded and crafted. Just think about the total crit a rogue could achieve, if the initial 2,15% crit per gem returns:

5 gear slots× 3 slots × 2,15% = 32.25 from the gems alone.
    Plus 20% from aimed shot= 52,25.
    Plus 6,5-13,5 % from the pet, 10% average= 62,25. Plus 5 from passive= 67,25%.
    Plus whatever u get from your myth armour, etc and from all the dex u have one can achieve 80%+. Thus practically critting most of the time.

Totally agree though, that the gem in its current form is very far from great and totally not worth the effort. Maybe add an one time 4% crit, to a total of 5%, in addition to the one-time +5 stats, to a total of 8 each.

Regards,
    Azek
    Last edited by Jazzi; 12-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

No one is going to spend 2-3m buying or running for a gem for just 39 more HP, 30 more mana and less than 1 crit. At the very least, add an unstackable 4-5% crit effect like the 5.5 damage from paracelsus or else this gem will fail harder than the halloween curse one.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is my suggestion:

Have the gem add +3 STR/DEX/INT which scales to level of the item, so level 1-8 items would get +1 STR/DEX/INT, level 9-24 items would get +2 STR/DEX/INT, level 25-41 items would get +3 STR/DEX/INT, and so on.....

Then you would get +0.025% crit for every level of the item. So a level 41 item would be +1.025 crit while a level 10 item would give +0.25% crit.

Then additionally, like how the para gem gives +5.5 damage for the first para gem, this gem will give and additional +3 primary stat & +2% crit for the first gem.

Yes, I do agree that having a gem that gives +2% crit in every slot would make some players become very OP. So this cuts the crit in half, but still gives the extra stat bonus for the first gem making it clearly worth the effort.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

3 dex, 3 str and 3 int is very low. You get higher stats from grand anything-else than that, and only 2 of those stats actually help any given class.

I'd like to see 10/10/10 for the stats, plus the original 2.19% crit. Even if it followed the suggestion of only having the crit applicable on the first gem, and have it the 0.95% on any subsequent.

The ingredients required and the rarity of the eye warrent something worth the effort. 3 of each stat won't do it, when you can get 6 and 4 of your applicable stats from a tarlok gem for 165 tokens and a handful of essences.
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    3 of each stat won't do it, when you can get 6 and 4 of your applicable stats from a tarlok gem for 165 tokens and a handful of essences.
    That is if you are lucky enough to get a grand tarlok gem on the first try. For most it requires 20 or more gems to get a perfect one. So how many essences then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That is if you are lucky enough to get a grand tarlok gem on the first try. For most it requires 20 or more gems to get a perfect one. So how many essences then?
    Still less than 15 gems, 10 plat and 50-100 Syrillax fights, along with the 165 event runs to get the recipe.