Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the recipe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphruss View Post
    Hey sts. It's not drama. It's your customer's feedback and response. I hope you will not view this reply as a drama too. lol
    Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response. Accusations of us scamming and rants about not buying platinum are drama. We listen to the former, believe me. The latter are non-productive, lead to piling on, and in general make the forums a poisonous place. If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response. Accusations of us scamming and rants about not buying platinum are drama. We listen to the former, believe me. The latter are non-productive, lead to piling on, and in general make the forums a poisonous place. If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    It may not be accusations of scamming. But when you keep changing things and the customers are uninformed. You know what it is. The what you call rant about not buying plat is just my stand point for my co non plat players. And accusations of drama is a drama when there is no real drama. Well, we have different points of view and I respect yours. Thank you for your response.
    IGN: Surhpyz = Ijy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Hi Justg, about suggestions and such (sorry if this gets off-topic). I'm just curious, why is there no "daily poll" window on the forums about recipe drops, gem nerfs/buffs and so on? Like this:

Name:  poll-04.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  29.8 KB

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mouly View Post
    Hi Justg, about suggestions and such (sorry if this gets off-topic). I'm just curious, why is there no "daily poll" window on the forums about recipe drops, gem nerfs/buffs and so on?
    Great question. The answer is that customer opinion is one aspect, but we also need to look at the actual data to make informed opinions. If we asked you: Do you want more cool stuff, faster, for less work, the answer is always going to be "Hell yeah!".

Keeping the economy balanced, however, requires a more in-depth look at the actual metrics. We do look at this stuff on a regular basis. We also very much appreciate your feedback (when it is given in a non-angry fashion).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

We do look at this stuff on a regular basis. We also very much appreciate your feedback (when it is given in a non-angry fashion)..
    Haha, I LOL! yeah justg posting here proves that they too read our "dramas and feedback etc.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Great question. The answer is that customer opinion is one aspect, but we also need to look at the actual data to make informed opinions. If we asked you: Do you want more cool stuff, faster, for less work, the answer is always going to be "Hell yeah!".

Keeping the economy balanced, however, requires a more in-depth look at the actual metrics. We do look at this stuff on a regular basis. We also very much appreciate your feedback (when it is given in a non-angry fashion).
    I see where you're going, and I fully agree. However what I'm saying is that a poll like this will most likely widen customer input, and thereby lead to decisions that conforms with the majority of the costumers instead of maybe just a few posts/rants (not saying this is the case at the moment, but there will always be preconceptions). More importantly it will lead to increased custumer trust, since more people will voice their opinions.

tl;dr an easy fix that might calm costumers/players down a little.
    Last edited by Mouly; 12-11-2014 at 10:53 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response.
    Questions:

1. Was the drop rate nerfed after the rain weekend, yes or no?

2. Why do you nerf / boost drop rates and not tell the community? FYI behind the scene changes, whatever the reason, will be seen as manipulation by your customers. That should be obvious by now.

3. Why can't the loot table drops remain consistent -whatever the payout is? if it's too high or low, you already know (or should) - if you don't, feedback should tell you to run a sql script to find out. Once you have that data, announce it to the community IN GAME. Add a message to the guild logs, anything to squash the perception of manipulation.

If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    Drama is a part of life at some level - but drama in this game, whether it be PVP, or drop rate drama, has a single source. Once you guys turn around and look in the mirror, perhaps you'll understand where the solution has to come from, rather than blaming it on the forum community.

Don't forget, the drama you are getting is because people still care about this game and their investment in it. It's high level is directly related to that investment and a desire to continue to invest in this game. The window of opportunity STS has to capitalize on this desire to invest, seems to me, to be closing quickly.

...Ota

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Questions:

1. Was the drop rate nerfed after the rain weekend, yes or no?

2. Why do you nerf / boost drop rates and not tell the community? FYI behind the scene changes, whatever the reason, will be seen as manipulation by your customers. That should be obvious by now.

3. Why can't the loot table drops remain consistent -whatever the payout is? if it's too high or low, you already know (or should) - if you don't, feedback should tell you to run a sql script to find out. Once you have that data, announce it to the community IN GAME. Add a message to the guild logs, anything to squash the perception of manipulation.

Drama is a part of life at some level - but drama in this game, whether it be PVP, or drop rate drama, has a single source. Once you guys turn around and look in the mirror, perhaps you'll understand where the solution has to come from, rather than blaming it on the forum community.

Don't forget, the drama you are getting is because people still care about this game and their investment in it. It's high level is directly related to that investment and a desire to continue to invest in this game. The window of opportunity STS has to capitalize on this desire to invest, seems to me, to be closing quickly.

...Ota
    Great shout!

Pointing fingers to community wont help solve a thing....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Ok i have a question, why was the drop rate nerfed? It wasn't so great at all, max numbers of recipe in auction was around 5-6. But now there is simply no drops at all :/

No recipe, no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If you don't answer questions don't you think it will cause negative rants and assumptions. Its clear to everyone you made the recipe drop for "some reason" then without a word nerfed it. You're actions can be percieved in many ways and is having a negative impact. Deal with the questions and solve the problem.