Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Ps. Fix the skellies bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

To be fair, the gem is most favourable to a sorc. It enables me to bring crit to 42% and not lose the damage modifier I require, as well highlighted by zeus. That's even playing field now for sorc running on crit builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Making this gem 6/6/6 or even 6/3/3 renders all other gems in this game (besides the para stone) useless. I won't bother myself with pointless calculations, but I suspect 5/5/5 will do the same. I don't think this would be good for the game as a whole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uicheusa View Post
    You thought one Delphina was easy to replace.
    +1 this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    Making this gem 6/6/6 or even 6/3/3 renders all other gems in this game (besides the para stone) useless. I won't bother myself with pointless calculations, but I suspect 5/5/5 will do the same. I don't think this would be good for the game as a whole.
    The extreme amount of work and cost required to get this gem means it will never be abundant. It is so much more difficult to get than Paracelsus stone, and so much worse in stats that it's laughable. Why do you think the energy prices are so low this time? Nobody is bothering to run for plat, because the ingredient almost never drops, and it takes close to 150 energy to get the single gem "reward".

Devs, could we please have some information on if this is going to be fixed? Really, it is you that are losing out here, as most players are stopping at gold tier. If there was a decent reward, you'd get a whole lot more people buying both energy and elixirs.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Agreed Serancha. Even just 4/3/3 or 5/3/3 would be appreciated... Still a rather weak gem considering how rare it is and the effort required to craft one of these, but at least it would be an improvement.

Personally, i think first gem should give 2% crit permanently, then the rest of the gems give the current stat (which would scale for each level). This way, no-one is achieving tremendous amounts of crit, but it is still a gem which is actually effective.

Also, wouldn't STG me making a whole lot more money? More people farming for eye of syrillax means more people buying energy and elixirs, which means more people spending plat, which means more money for you. I really think there is no downside to this. It isn't a buff that will ruin the game, and it is a good enough buff to make it worth slotting them.

What puzzles me, is STS is willing to have a pet such as breeze (which even with the "nerf" puts Samael to shame) in the game, and aren't willing to buff a gem which is incredibly rare by such a small amount. Please STS, dont you see a huge amount of your 'customers' want this to happen?
    Last edited by Killfreeak; 12-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The extreme amount of work and cost required to get this gem means it will never be abundant. It is so much more difficult to get than Paracelsus stone, and so much worse in stats that it's laughable. Why do you think the energy prices are so low this time? Nobody is bothering to run for plat, because the ingredient almost never drops, and it takes close to 150 energy to get the single gem "reward".

Devs, could we please have some information on if this is going to be fixed? Really, it is you that are losing out here, as most players are stopping at gold tier. If there was a decent reward, you'd get a whole lot more people buying both energy and elixirs.
    Or if it's even under review... Let us know something. If it isn't going to change, each day that passes, is going to make this a harder pill to swallow. People are not running as much or guessing (hoping) while running that something changes. It's Monday, the patch is out, now let's have this discussion. Not a response a day, let's finish this in the next day or two. Either way it goes, I'd like to know FOR SURE by the end of the week, if not sooner. It appears that other people feel similarly.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Or if it's even under review... Let us know something. If it isn't going to change, each day that passes, is going to make this a harder pill to swallow. People are not running as much or guessing (hoping) while running that something changes. It's Monday, the patch is out, now let's have this discussion. Not a response a day, let's finish this in the next day or two. Either way it goes, I'd like to know FOR SURE by the end of the week, if not sooner. It appears that other people feel similarly.
    Totally agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

With all due respect, I don't agree with this. We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.

And on top of this, there are people, who are hoarding eyes at the moment, hoping for a buff.

------

As for energy - it is cheap due to a whole lot of reasons, not just because the eye is weak.

Example 1: people had energy left from Halloween. I myself had about 40. Some lb runners from Halloween had hundreds and they are not buying now.

Example 2: there is nothing to buy with tokens, that is actually worth it. We had Grimm in Halloween. Most casual players ran Halloween to get Grimm. Nobody runs for Breezaga.

And so on and so forth.

-----

And finally - I am principally against the constant buff/nerf policy, that has become the norm in this game recently. And I am against those said buffs/nerfs being implemented based on what the most vocal people in the game and/or on forums want. If you want to buff or nerf anything, you find a way to gather as many opinions as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I am also against the buff/nerf business, however this something was nerfed to the point of unusable before release. A lot of people spent a lot of money to obtain it only to discover it was no longer what the devs had announced.

When a tarlok gem is better than the platinum tier reward, there is a problem.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.
    Agree with this. Better than para.
    However, it doesn't make any changes that this gem is useless. :/
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

wow 15 slots eye in one character ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree the gem is weak. I don't agree with the suggestions to make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3 or something like that. It's designed as a crit gem - if you really want to buff it, up the crit to its previous value and use the para stone formula (first eye gives 2.54% crit, each next 0.97% or whatever the numbers were). No need to make fire/blood/glacial and all tarlok gems completely useless. Para stone didn't do that, why should this gem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

With all due respect, I don't agree with this. We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.

And on top of this, there are people, who are hoarding eyes at the moment, hoping for a buff.

------

As for energy - it is cheap due to a whole lot of reasons, not just because the eye is weak.

Example 1: people had energy left from Halloween. I myself had about 40. Some lb runners from Halloween had hundreds and they are not buying now.

Example 2: there is nothing to buy with tokens, that is actually worth it. We had Grimm in Halloween. Most casual players ran Halloween to get Grimm. Nobody runs for Breezaga.

And so on and so forth.

-----

And finally - I am principally against the constant buff/nerf policy, that has become the norm in this game recently. And I am against those said buffs/nerfs being implemented based on what the most vocal people in the game and/or on forums want. If you want to buff or nerf anything, you find a way to gather as many opinions as possible.
    Very true. Especially the last part.

As well as this, there should be more messages from SYSTEM about the screenshot challenge

Like this:

SYSTEM: screenshot challenge is up for today! Head to our forums for 21 day challenge and a chance to win lb vanities or whim!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I agree the gem is weak. I don't agree with the suggestions to make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3 or something like that. It's designed as a crit gem - if you really want to buff it, up the crit to its previous value and use the para stone formula (first eye gives 2.54% crit, each next 0.97% or whatever the numbers were). No need to make fire/blood/glacial and all tarlok gems completely useless. Para stone didn't do that, why should this gem?
    Or just make that the first gem gives 3/3/3 +5 crit bonus (non stackable). All subsequent gems would give 3/3/3 only.

That means that its worth people running for and using one eye gem at least per toon, but its not really worth fully gemming a set with them. To clarify that means that ONLY the first gem gives crit which is added as a bonus like the 5dmg of the first para gem. Any other secondary/tertiary gems have no crit at all.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

You guys arent receiving any feedback about this from the devs btw lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lidless View Post
    I know. I move between laughing and hyper irritation bc that's all we are asking for. Maybe I'll email support and copy/paste here. I concede. I lose. I've spent plenty of money this event this far. I will choose to stop abusing myself.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lidless View Post
    Just wait for the "no eye buff, no money" movement lol XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

We do need a clarification from the dev on their side for this. We are on the mode of hanging. Hanging because there were no definite answer as to how to assess the said problem. Cmon devs give us your best shot, come up with the very good analysis on this matter. Market is already crashing this is somewhat an urgent matter to attend.