Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

At its current state its just a bad overall gem. Who prefers tactics or force gear for the extra crit vs assault, brutality or potency? Those are the small handful that will consider using the gem.

At least make it 4/4/4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

This will be the first event where the highest I'll go for any of my toons is gold XD the plat reward isn't worth the effort XD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    So because one or two people out of tens of thousands may have 15 slots and fill them all with eyes, the entire community gets screwed out of a decent plat tier prize, and instead gets no incentive to run.

While I see that filling 15 slots with a critacular item would be a problem, surely there is some way to prevent this issue without making plat tier rewardless. Right now I am tempted to remove my eye and replace it with a gem that is actually beneficial, which is extremely depressing after how much effort it took me to get the damn thing.

if you can't make a gem that is both rewarding and un-exploitable, then you need to make something else as the prize. How about....I don't know....a new ring to replace the one we have worn for 10 levels? There's a concept.
    Ikr. Needs of the many before the needs of the few. Another solution would be to allow Zeus to have only a maximum of 5 of these gems at an given point. If we do that, I think the odds of somebody running around with 15 of these gems are significantly reduced.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Please confirm whether there will be any further changes to this gem. Is this the final version or is it going to change again?

Thanks

Dal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is not late for making some change

actually many players don't run and prefer to buy recipe and eye in auction ( 1m for both) lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

please release an official statement regarding the lb prizes... is just the vanity or other stuff too?
    Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    Your main priority in events should be end gamers and the lb prize, not who got the most twinks too plat tier..
    Just the absolute worst suggestion ever, since the devs said them selves events will be able to be farmed by players of all levels. Also the fact that your super rich making it easy for you to say this to try to limit the amount of items influencing in the market to get richer. And because most of the people who play al wouldnt be able to farm the events at all giving them the chance to make gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franocazzzo View Post
    Just the absolute worst suggestion ever, since the devs said them selves events will be able to be farmed by players of all levels. Also the fact that your super rich making it easy for you to say this to try to limit the amount of items influencing in the market to get richer. And because most of the people who play al wouldnt be able to farm the events at all giving them the chance to make gold.
    99% of the events any levels can farm the event. None of the devs ever mentioned that twinks cannot farm this event. They even made the LB opened up to all levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Please confirm whether there will be any further changes to this gem. Is this the final version or is it going to change again?

Thanks

Dal
    I agree and will wait to run to plat. I don't really want a gem that I'd prob pay 6k for? I wouldn't use it but I hope I could sell for 8k. How do the devs imagine geared end gamers would ever use this? Would you replace a grand tarlok or regular grand with this gem? I want to get inside a devs head. Where do you see the value, ie what would you replace with this gem for an improvement? I can't come up with a good answer...honestly. I hear the reasons for the nerf but how is this gem valuable? I was kidding about the resale earlier in the post. I buy things that I want to use. I can't find one good reason to buy or run for this gem. Love yowie btw.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post

Thanks

Dal
    Oh god, please stick to the current gem stat this time. Rectify it with a more worthy farmable gem in the future. Too much gem changes confuses a lot of people and a lot of false info circulating which have the potential to reach days to players who are not forum-active.

and besides, damage boost is ok but higher crit chance is "God-game-activated".
    PVP wise where you will stay most of your AL time
    Last edited by epicrrr; 12-12-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol have you tried to run in twinks in lvl 18-23??i guess not!!running event in endgame is a lot essier!lol
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

And energy is selling for 30% less than Halloween. I couldn't sell energy fast enough. Now it's almost on par with selling ankhs. Maybe that many more people bought plat to sell energy or maybe people aren't running as much. Either way, the supply is def more than the demand, whatever that may mean.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Oh god, please stick to the current gem stat this time. Rectify it with a more worthy farmable gem in the future. Too much gem changes confuses a lot of people and a lot of false info circulating which have the potential to reach days to players who are not forum-active.

and besides, damage boost is ok but higher crit chance is "God-game-activated".
    PVP wise where you will stay most of your AL time
    That's fine if your opinion is that they should leave it as it is for the twinks,. However, that does NOT change the fact that it desperately needs to be fixed for end game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You thought one Delphina was easy to replace.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    As a platinum player I am deeply dissatisfied with this outcome. I have been paying this game for over 2 years now and with any announcement like this it is really hard not to get annoyed. Absolutely nothing you say is reliable and it seems I cannot make prudent decisions based on your announcements. Sholud you had written - 'This are preliminary stats, subject to revision' - I would not be making this post, but you did not.

I have heavily invested in getting to the plat tier in order to obtain both the recipe and the eye as rewards. Should i have known this info beforehand i would have not bothered to buy plats nor participate after reaching the gold tier. I used over 3k of mana potions and my god damn time during which i could play any other reliable game. I have also bought 3 more eyes of the market for approx. 3m and now this.

This is unacceptable!
    I'm quoting this for you guys to see.

We know humans make mistakes and that's part of the game, but when it comes to information dissemination, the same problem recurs. I'll be frank with you guys, whatever you announce in the community seems to always be subject to change. Do you like a place where even your most loyal players could not even trust you as a company when it comes to "final words"?
    duck dynasty falls

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    At its current state its just a bad overall gem. Who prefers tactics or force gear for the extra crit vs assault, brutality or potency? Those are the small handful that will consider using the gem.

At least make it 4/4/4.
    A bad price for the plat tier? Sure I would agree with you 100%. But a bad gem overall? Not so sure. Look at it this way. I am a rogue and I incorporate some int and str into my stat distribution. I am sure mages include some str in theirs and maybe dex but not sure and have no clue about tank builds.

Let me use my own distribution as an example. Currently, I am putting 20 points in str, 10 in int and 210 in dex. I have 3.9k health and 1.7k mana. Lets say I put 3 of these gems in my own gear. I get +9 int, str, dex. Lets say these replaced the grand fire gems (which is what most people have). If I wish to retain my original stats, I can remove 9 int and 9 str (18 points) from my original distribution and end up with the same health and mana. Since I am losing 3 dex per gem (9 total), I will add this 9 dex to my stat distribution. I now have 9 free points to add wherever I wish, enhancing my stats in every way. This does not include the crit bonus (of 3%, which is an added bonus). While I cannot speak for tanks and mages, this gem is certainly a viable option for rogues. I would love to get a mages and tanks input on this reasoning and if it applies to them.

That being said, this measly stat increase is certainly not befitting of a plat tier reward, especially one that is so absurdly hard to reach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Carapace,

Yes, one can gain the critical rate you mentioned. However, in the world of gems like paeacelsus...it would be unwise to go full eye gem.

Paracelsus gems are still extremely useful and one can go to a maximum of 5-6 until they become not worth it. Typically, a player has at least 1 while the common number of paracelsus gems seems to be 1-3.

So, going at your previous rate, that's -6.39%. Also, let us not forget that some will need some primary stat or Tarlok wind gems to keep up bonus damage so the paracelsus gems remain useful. So, more gem slots are used from that. In reality, one really only has 4-5 slots to use for the new gem.

Also, let us not forget that your new imbued armors/helms currently only have 2 slots per item. So, a maxed rogue would have 13 slots. At least 3 will be taken by Paracelsus. 4-5 will be used by primary. The remaining would be safe to go: either primary, eye, or more para.

The way you had it before allowed for diversity in builds. Yes, the crit could be ~31% but one would be sacrificing a lot for that to happen.

2.13% IMO, was reasonable. Remember, this gem also detracts directly from skill damage, damage, bonus damage, and other important attributes when compared to a primary gem. It's a supplemental gem but IMO, it can never be a primary gem like the original: blood, glacial, and fire gem replacements.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would use this gem in all 15 slots. Even when the gem had 2.13% crit, it was questionable if one should use it or not.

Furthermore, if this is slated to change then refunds should be handed out. I was grinding and bought gems under the expectations that the gems would have the stats developers announced. Furthermore, even though I can afford to, I knew that going more than 4-5 eye gems would be a downfall.

Please keep in mind that this gem was OKAY when considering all the other various gem types currently in existence.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

This was the last one i could take. Good bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    That's fine if your opinion is that they should leave it as it is for the twinks,. However, that does NOT change the fact that it desperately needs to be fixed for end game.
    I know you hate low level pvp but,from what I've been hearing and seeing on youtube about rog 1-hit KO everyone, PVP will be more ruined at 41 if you put the orignal crit stats on the syrillax gem, you wont have any problem whether they buff or nerfed syrillax again cause you're a rog.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    if all want 2.13% crit than warrior and mage health and armour should given a buff
    Agree with this!