Thread: pink drop rate in the sewers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default pink drop rate in the sewers

So from 50-55 I've only seen like 5 pinks all being crafting pinks.......all on the same day. Since that day I have yet to see another pink drop. Is it me or are the drop rates so crappy that it is kinda taking the fun out of the game. I pretty much stopped using xp pots from 53 on so I would have to run more times and increase my chance of seeing/getting a pink to upgrade my gear or sell and buy new gear but no such luck... I hope these are not the kinda drop rates we can expect for rest of this xpansion. Don't mean to rage just frustrated with the drop rates. I know there rares for reason but cmon getting geared is most the fun.... help us out devs! Lol
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

drop rate is a bit lower than ao3...
    we all have the impression thats much lower, but think that in 5 min u kill only 1 boss.. un ao3 in 10min u killed 5 bosses to get something
    even in ao3 i had days wich i got nothing...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Its lower, but not that bad.

CS is getting more and more of the pinks, its only been a week anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea I guess. Just sucks that after that many runs not even seeing a single drop....
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

yeah i think many ppl keeps the first drops for own use...
    and i must say when i would have the half pinks yet i would be bored after few weeks... so keeps me on playing
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just the other day I saw my first pink drop from the Bandit Queen it was a Mega Mage's Bracer adn the guy who got it almost soloed queen while we killed king.
    They're there just harder to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

They seem pretty low to me too. I've leveled two characters to 53 all in BS and seen only 4 pinks. I was lucky enough to get one of them, but that was on the second day of 1.7. Since then I've just seen one pink, a level 55 recipe.

Low drops are ok, but I think there's a fine balance. It's kind of compounded for me since a lot of the gear doesn't seem really outstanding. I still see lots of 55s running around in rift or shadow or death gear. My archer uses my 53 bow (since it didn't sell in CS) and gets great damage, but losses a lot of other stats to do so.

The drops for crafting items being low also -- the green gems and pink recipes for 5 & 15 armors -- makes it pretty slow going. I've run Meathead's deli for 3 or 4 hours with no green crafting drops. If I could feel like I could craft something decent or loot something -- one or the other -- I'd sure be happy with that! As it is, it seems like I just have to grind, grind, grind.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    They seem pretty low to me too. I've leveled two characters to 53 all in BS and seen only 4 pinks. I was lucky enough to get one of them, but that was on the second day of 1.7. Since then I've just seen one pink, a level 55 recipe.

Low drops are ok, but I think there's a fine balance. It's kind of compounded for me since a lot of the gear doesn't seem really outstanding. I still see lots of 55s running around in rift or shadow or death gear. My archer uses my 53 bow (since it didn't sell in CS) and gets great damage, but losses a lot of other stats to do so.

The drops for crafting items being low also -- the green gems and pink recipes for 5 & 15 armors -- makes it pretty slow going. I've run Meathead's deli for 3 or 4 hours with no green crafting drops. If I could feel like I could craft something decent or loot something -- one or the other -- I'd sure be happy with that! As it is, it seems like I just have to grind, grind, grind.
    Are you using a level 10? I did with kingrichie and we got numerous craftin components, like 4 gems, and a pink 15 recipe in about an hour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Wow, really? I'll try that, but had been reading (Tssara's thread, etc) that seemed to indicate drops were level independent. I've been using my lvl 53 mage. I have a lvl 15 bear that I'll try now.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Are you using a level 10? I did with kingrichie and we got numerous craftin components, like 4 gems, and a pink 15 recipe in about an hour
    I need to go out with you then. I just spent 90 minutes doing runs with my level 15 and then level 10 (now 12) and got 4 oranges -- 3 chain scraps and a leather scrap. This is too frustrating. I was in Meathead's deli and map 4 -- all the drops were on map 4.

All told I've now spent about 6 hours farming for crafting items and haven't seen even a gem, no low level recipe, just some scraps. I guess I thought crafting would appeal to the casual gamers, but it seems to be for the hard core also.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, will wander back to crafting...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I got a gladiators gem and several scraps while farming with my lvl 50/51 mage in Meathead's deli. If the crafting items drop for both low levels and high levels, what's the chance the drop tables are different depending on levels?

On topic: haven't seen a pink drop yet. A couple purples, but no pinks thus far. Granted, I'm not grinding the new maps as much as others are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to crush anyones hopes or anything, but honestly I would like it if the items were rarer than they are now.
    The CS prices will drop dramatically in a couple of weeks, and the level 50's will all be clones again like in ao2/3.
    I'm fine any way you do it, but it would be nice if people had to earn their pinks rather than just but them from the CS (barring really rich people)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am 6000 into 55 and have seen 4 total pinks. I also was lucky enough to get one when i was 54.

As soon as i saw that lvl 55 is 80,000+ XP to 56 i stopped using xp pots. what is that lvl 75?

I think the 84000 XP to 56 is dumb... im so tired of grinding. Why didnt they just make it 20k and you have to have ALL quests compled!
    Snub (65) Full Dex Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea it is frustrating, can't craft decent items hardly, can't get anything to drop, and then huge xp req for 56 with dim chance of getting any pinks along th e way........ seems like one big grind fest with little hope of getting a pink. Id be fine with the xp req if drops would be there. That's what's fun to me getting loot weqther to use or sell..... but so far just a bunch of crappy drops.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Wow, when they don't give people xp, people complain about that. And when they do, people complain about that. Sounds depressing.

Pink drops seem fine to me. I'm guessing lots of people are keeping theirs like I am? I'm also keeping 1 each of purples, greens and yellows until I figure out which ones I would actually use more.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Wow, when they don't give people xp, people complain about that. And when they do, people complain about that. Sounds depressing.

Pink drops seem fine to me. I'm guessing lots of people are keeping theirs like I am? I'm also keeping 1 each of purples, greens and yellows until I figure out which ones I would actually use more.
    I seem to like the orange and green items more
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    I seem to like the orange and green items more
    With bs, colors are pretty much thrown out the window.
    I have an OL rift helm, purple axe and armor, and an orange shield.
    That provides me with a little over the damage of a rift set, with 151 armor (190 with all buffs, like normal rift was before the nerf)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snub View Post
    As soon as i saw that lvl 55 is 80,000+ XP to 56 i stopped using xp pots. what is that lvl 75?

I think the 84000 XP to 56 is dumb... im so tired of grinding. Why didnt they just make it 20k and you have to have ALL quests compled!
    To be fair, that was done to give people something do in between updates. If you grind it out and get to 56, there are new quests and gear, nothing huge from what I can tell, but at least a goal to look forward to while you'd be farming anyway. When the level cap is raised, the XP gap between 55 and 56 will be normalized and there will be a new Super Cap (I just made up that term).

Crafting has its bugs right now, so while it's frustrating, I'm willing to wait to see what future updates do. In the meantime, I'm farming away at the basic supplies.

I dunno. I'm taking my time and enjoying myself. I know a lot of people are grinding and using level pots and such, but to me all that ends up being is a race to farming. There's a lot of content, but people are racing through it as fast as they can, no wonder it becomes such a grind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can understaand that but for pvp being 56 with 56 rings the extra stats and skill point can give u that edge. But anyhow I do love the content only complaint is drop rate everything else seems fine..
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage