View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Pirate rings anyone?
    I lost a lot of gold on Pirate Rings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The Activated Ability can still freeze, however it is subject to the PvP Immunity effects. Breeze's passive attack with a chance to freeze however is quite high, making it not a practical choice to make related to the stun immunity because instead of a constant stun, you would be very susceptible to the reality that after being frozen you have ~10 seconds before it freezes you again. A bit of an exaggeration, but in PvP anything that removes your ability to move or function feels exponentially longer!

The current plan is to strip his PvP Freeze ability, but before doing so want to make sure everyone understands that this means only his AA has a chance to freeze in PvP, and that his passive will not at all. He will more or less become not a PvP go to pet at this point.

If the idea is to preserve his ability to freeze, but extend or special case it's immunity so that in a worse case scenario it could freeze once every 12 seconds at least this is doable. The complication is of course Mages don't get this, having a pet that does this feels a bit cheap. I'm in favor of disabling the PvP freeze component of Breeze's passive attack, but if the community would prefer we can give it a special immunity that has a longer effective time than typical stun immunity in PvP.

Thanks for working with me on this guys,
    Carapace
    Breeze is a good addition to the PVP mechanics, Breeze is selling hot atm as of every low lvl pvp-ers i know has included this pet to be in their "priority-to-get-pet". IMO dont remove the Freeze AA and Passive while in its current duration, effects and how it freezes is currently OP and too long, the removal will get a lot of people angry and raging.

My proposed changes pick 1:

AA duration reduction
    Freezing of target especially in PVP should be reduced like every stun there is to 2-3 second, the freeze duration is 5-7 sec (from observation) which is highly noticeable which is why people felt uncomfortable. Nobody like being still for that long esp. on a fast pace battle where you can easily get picked off.

Ability to cast skill even at freeze state
    When you get hit by Crawly AA you are able to cast spells such as; aim shot but going the wrong way if you not facing a target, heal packs, warrior shield heal and the sorcs heal. I dont know how Crawly skill is categorized stun? panic? but having us able to cast heal spells is a good way of balancing Breeze long AA.

Ability changes
    2 sec stun and 2-4 sec AOE slow, same radius with current AOE. Slow rate can be the same as the lurid/umbral proc patch or the Tindirin diminishing slow. At least you are moving.

Ability/passive changes
    Change ability to 4 sec diminishing slow, and change passive to 15% chance to freeze 2-3 targets for 2 sec (ability > passive)

Breeze was introduced and has gained popularity with its freeze capability, again its a very good addition to PVP a mass dis-abler good AA/Passive while the Happy bonus is not Overpowering and causing a trade-off with arcane pet. Removal of those is not the solution.

ON TOPIC. Just because this pet has freeze ability and is observed OP in PVP doesnt justify putting freeze on Sorcerers, I dont know too much about sorcs dilemma but a pet is a part of your character an extension of your skill set. Your sorcs already has tons of skill under his sleeve. I know you guys felt very underpowered but truth is sorcs been getting fun-ner to play and is hard not to be felt when in PVP.

experiences from lvl 13 pvp dont rant and tell me 41 pvp is way diferent, its not its just 13 scaled up.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 12-17-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Breeze is a good addition to the PVP mechanics, Breeze is selling hot atm as of every low lvl pvp-ers i know has included this pet to be in their "priority-to-get-pet". IMO dont remove the Freeze AA and Passive while in its current duration, effects and how it freezes is currently OP and too long, the removal will get a lot of people angry and raging.

My proposed changes pick 1:

AA duration reduction
    Freezing of target especially in PVP should be reduced like every stun there is to 2-3 second, the freeze duration is 5-7 sec (from observation) which is highly noticeable which is why people felt uncomfortable. Nobody like being still for that long esp. on a fast pace battle where you can easily get picked off.

Ability to cast skill even at freeze state
    When you get hit by Crawly AA you are able to cast spells such as; aim shot but going the wrong way if you not facing a target, heal packs, warrior shield heal and the sorcs heal. I dont know how Crawly skill is categorized stun? panic? but having us able to cast heal spells is a good way of balancing Breeze long AA.

Ability changes
    2 sec stun and 2-4 sec AOE slow, same radius with current AOE. Slow rate can be the same as the lurid/umbral proc patch or the Tindirin diminishing slow. At least you are moving.

Ability/passive changes
    Change ability to 4 sec diminishing slow, and change passive to 15% chance to freeze 2-3 targets for 2 sec (ability > passive)

Breeze was introduced and has gained popularity with its freeze capability, again its a very good addition to PVP a mass dis-abler good AA/Passive while the Happy bonus is not Overpowering and causing a trade-off with arcane pet. Removal of those is not the solution.

ON TOPIC. Just because this pet has freeze ability and is observed OP in PVP doesnt justify putting freeze on Sorcerers, I dont know too much about sorcs dilemma but a pet is a part of your character an extension of your skill set. Your sorcs already has tons of skill under his sleeve. I know you guys felt very underpowered but truth is sorcs been getting fun-ner to play and is hard not to be felt when in PVP.

experiences from lvl 13 pvp dont rant and tell me 41 pvp is way diferent, its not its just 13 scaled up.
    Freeze is originally a mage base skill... deactivated currently for pvp

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post

Tbh it is vastly different. Attacks at endgame are way more fast-paced; in endgame, if you're frozen, it will take a rogue as long as the freeze time to kill you while you can do absolutely nothing about it. A mage, even shielded, can be downed in about 3 combos if you're less geared and even less if you have higher gear. You can put in a serious dent into a warrior, perhaps even killing him while he's frozen (again, with same or higher gear). How is this fair...?

(Not mentioning rogue vs rogue fights, everyone knows how that is...1 combo while opponent is frozen = GG.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Tbh it is vastly different. Attacks at endgame are way more fast-paced; in endgame, if you're frozen, it will take a rogue as long as the freeze time to kill you while you can do absolutely nothing about it. A mage, even shielded, can be downed in about 3 combos if you're less geared and even less if you have higher gear. You can put in a serious dent into a warrior, perhaps even killing him while he's frozen (again, with same or higher gear). How is this fair...?

(Not mentioning rogue vs rogue fights, everyone knows how that is...1 combo while opponent is frozen = GG.)
    Nicely said.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Its actually who freezes second because your freeze will cd faster if they do first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brownback View Post
    Its actually who freezes second because your freeze will cd faster if they do first
    Yeah.. Same as fireball..

I say don't even need touch Breeze now..
    Just give mages their original power back..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Put the freeze in the same category as stun (following stun immunity), reduce the freeze time to 2.5 seconds, make the passive a non target seeking static pool which freezes anyone who's dumb enough to walk over it.

Make a Misty 2.0 new mythic pet with viable stats and an AA that removes all enviromental effects and a passive with a 25% chance to remove all other effects (Stun, panic, feeble etc)

Make a new pvp map that gives everyone all their skills and see how popular it is, don't even make it difficult just duplicate CTF map and rename as a 'pure' option.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Put the freeze in the same category as stun (following stun immunity), reduce the freeze time to 2.5 seconds, make the passive a non target seeking static pool which freezes anyone who's dumb enough to walk over it.

Make a Misty 2.0 new mythic pet with viable stats and an AA that removes all enviromental effects and a passive with a 25% chance to remove all other effects (Stun, panic, feeble etc)

Make a new pvp map that gives everyone all their skills and see how popular it is, don't even make it difficult just duplicate CTF map and rename as a 'pure' option.
    Misty already removes Stun, panic etc..

but not freeze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post

Yep... Or put Pure PvP test map on the test server, this way we hesitate any possible glitch that could affect the main server, it's hardcorely bugged anyways now... Great ideas anyways.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Have two pvp modes lol -

old school - keep game how it is now (get rid of pet freeze)
    Next gen - everything is allowed (within pve) like banish,freeze etc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to - Samdegreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

they closed the poll...wew sts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lolz...
    Then fix dova tooo...
    Why his aa never stunn

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Or launch a pet that allow players to remove all stun freez or snare effect ...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Or a pet that have curse avaibility...
    I m wishing to have curse on tank...
    Mages or rouge hit once and die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

PVP screws everything up lol.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Can I have my 2.3m gold back? I haven't even gotten Breeze to level 41 yet. These mistakes and oversights are constantly hurting people's in game gold, which many like myself used real life money to get. I did not run out and purchase that pet initially because I thought you guys were going to take a 2nd look at it. Then when I saw you guys (STS) acknowledge Breeze's AA and passive attack on multiple forum posts, I figured it was safe to purchase. All of the sudden, you change your mind again and now what I'm hearing is kiss the 2.3m goodbye and find another pet. Do you know how much real life money 2.3m equates to? It's more than $50 USD.

This is out of hand. Professional companies have game testers for a reason and that is so the customer has a seamless experience. With this game it's constantly buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff , nerf and depending on when you buy, someone makes money, while the other loses gold. It's not right. If you guys had just ONE SINGLE person at your company that played this game 1 hour per day, then you would know what the effects of all of these things are and not make so many mistakes.
    No its not. I bought $50 worth of plat and made over 2.6m soo idk what ur doing

Robhawk

Warriors have curse, pets have freeze... mhhh !!!

How about mages have aimed shot and/or some juggernaut? Sounds good !!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post

Mages good for looking innocent n begging along with Shazbot ..lmfao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post

Lightning should hit as hard as aim shots if not more than that.
    Shield should have ignore 20% damages and 50 strngth + stats and move imparing remove upgrades