Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lags/Freezes/Dcs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default Lags/Freezes/Dcs

They have returned with vengeance! ! Sometimes I will lag and not DC. Other times, I DC. Today I lost my energy point because of lagged and then DC. It's not my internet. The ping becomes worse running in full party, huge pulls, etc. My skills don't go off once tapped. I or someone in my party randomly dies, which is a waste of plat/ankh. Please please look into this.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nature For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Yes, please.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I DC once today. Nearly DC several times as well.

Worse is the freezing and stuttering. It seems to get progressively worse until you refresh the browser.

I put a monitor on the Chrome process today and it seems that there is a 4k per second memory leak, until sufficient pressure is placed on memory garbage collection for the memory to be reclaimed. This leak seems to be the source of the freezes/stuttering, because as memory usage increases, so does the freezes.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

/bump

PLEASE fix this dc/lag crap! I am sick of logging in and out game every 2 mins. Worst im sick of losing energy majority time I enter event! Id be gold tier already if not for this. Plat tier is too much for me I just want yowie. And im tired of dcs adding a death to record too that could have been avoided if not for crappy server or whatever. Its not my net for sure. So fix this! Bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've also been experiencing the freeze on crafting bug that was present during ursoth.

Skills and pots are at a major delay at times or the fail to work at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ive been having lots of dcs recently. Mostly on skrillax/final boss, and a whole lot of near-dc situations. Also wasted a couple of energies. Also, i am not able to rejoin an event map with my party when i get dc, even tho i have energy/cleared inventory. Sucks to dc on final boss/syri

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey folks, we are still actively working on optimizations. It would be helpful if you would be very precise in describing when you lag/ DC.

Thanks,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

In the last time, I lagg extremly often for example at event bosses or at wt 3 when there are the big pulls....it's just annoying because I don't want to loose my energy because of that or get a death more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I lag in both arena and planar tombs as well. I got very low 140-150 ping displayed, then it jumps up to 2000-4000.

'My skills don't go off once tapped.' same thing happen with me, and when i charge my skills and let it off, then sometimes nothing happen.
    Last edited by Haligali; 12-19-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, we are still actively working on optimizations. It would be helpful if you would be very precise in describing when you lag/ DC.

Thanks,

- g
    Heres my feed g.

Currently the playing on chrome only. Windows 7, Intel Core i7-2600K at 3.4 GHz, 4Gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX580.
    Good internet connection as per speedtest.net, other sites to check connection is youtube.com where watching long videos on multi-windows (four re-sized windows) have no buffering trouble.

Freeze
    -While running the event, just in towns, normal maps, elite maps, arena and tomb. It's like having the screen frozen for about 2 to 3 seconds then continues like a time-lapse had happened. This happens in towns but more persistent when on PVE maps specialy with huge pulls, or 2(or more) ethyls AA, or switching of pets while battling. It also happens while trading, viewing the consigment shop and inspecting players. I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This problem started way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server".

Lag
    -While on PVE and PVP maps. Strange it doesn't occur on towns. My character can move around and still can use skills(but after using the skill it doesn't cooldown), everyones not moving(even those who charged a skill seems like he is still holding down the charge). I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This started way back in season 2 but is bearable, the real start of persistent lags (I get average of 6 lags per hour) is way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server" thing.

DC
    -It happens on every facet of the game. PVP, PVE, towns, chatting, AFK, and event runs. It always starts on a ping spike, when you click on rogue icon beside your health and mana bar for menu you will see the ping is counting rapidly to 10k or even to 100k+ then a pop-up message appears "You are disconnected". I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This started way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server" thing.

I hope this feed helps, I loved this game and I still wanted to play it more. Currently those three are keeping me from enjoying the game.
    Thanks! And may the STS team finds a concrete solution to these troubles. Have a nice day

-Kinzmet
    Last edited by kinzmet; 12-19-2014 at 11:39 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artoholics View Post
    In the last time, I lagg extremly often for example at event bosses or at wt 3 when there are the big pulls....it's just annoying because I don't want to loose my energy because of that or get a death more...
    Oh and in pvp i get laggy also....mostly it's like this: Ping is perfect and everything works. Then i join/open a map/room and it gets yellow. If there are many people or mobs it begins to get worse until it finally goes red to 50k+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Normally My ping is around 180 - 220, Now I can't play because my ping is always high 900, then it spike to 15k and then DC.

The worst lag ever, first time that Im getting that lag, I tested with 3 vídeos at youtube and al it's ok

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Thanks,

- g
    I've begun dreading events bcos they usually presage all these nasty lag spikes I am gonna get.
    Was in pvp earlier and my ping would not stop fluctuating between 1k-5k, as seen below:
    Name:  Studio_20141223_143034.png
Views: 286
Size:  489.6 KB
    The room was not even remotely filled nor were we engaged in clash.
    Eventually gave up trying to pvp and went back to replying pms...
    Last edited by Ophelia; 12-23-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I have been experiencing screen freeze for 2-3 secs every few minutes in pvp maps and while walking around in towns, more often in pvp maps. I am using the latest version of google chrome windows 7 os on a good laptop. The freezing started very recently, around the time the new client came. Not sure if it happens on other devices. Ping is always around 700-1k these days. Earlier it used to be green-yellow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Lag and dc in between maps as well, at one point your ping is 178 and you happy running your map the other spikes to 20k and you are dead...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I don't DC, but my ping goes up rappidly, especially on TDM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Every energy point I have spent today has resulted in a DC. This event is making me regret playing this game. If you guys are too cheap to fix your servers then I will be more than happy to spend all my Play gift cards on someone else's game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Heres my feed g.

Currently the playing on chrome only. Windows 7, Intel Core i7-2600K at 3.4 GHz, 4Gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX580.
    Good internet connection as per speedtest.net, other sites to check connection is youtube.com where watching long videos on multi-windows (four re-sized windows) have no buffering trouble.

Freeze
    -While running the event, just in towns, normal maps, elite maps, arena and tomb. It's like having the screen frozen for about 2 to 3 seconds then continues like a time-lapse had happened. This happens in towns but more persistent when on PVE maps specialy with huge pulls, or 2(or more) ethyls AA, or switching of pets while battling. It also happens while trading, viewing the consigment shop and inspecting players. I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This problem started way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server".

Lag
    -While on PVE and PVP maps. Strange it doesn't occur on towns. My character can move around and still can use skills(but after using the skill it doesn't cooldown), everyones not moving(even those who charged a skill seems like he is still holding down the charge). I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This started way back in season 2 but is bearable, the real start of persistent lags (I get average of 6 lags per hour) is way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server" thing.

DC
    -It happens on every facet of the game. PVP, PVE, towns, chatting, AFK, and event runs. It always starts on a ping spike, when you click on rogue icon beside your health and mana bar for menu you will see the ping is counting rapidly to 10k or even to 100k+ then a pop-up message appears "You are disconnected". I had no other tabs opened nor other applications/programs running.
    -This started way back with halloween event or when you guys started a "test-server" thing.

I hope this feed helps, I loved this game and I still wanted to play it more. Currently those three are keeping me from enjoying the game.
    Thanks! And may the STS team finds a concrete solution to these troubles. Have a nice day

-Kinzmet
    This, and all of the above for me as well. I noticed it started this morning around 11:30 and it's gotten progressively worse through the day. I can't even stand in town without seeing wild random ping spikes and constant dc's. I'm a LB runner and this is putting a real strain on my ability to progress to safeguard my position in the top 25.

Please, please, please get a fix on this. It's becoming most stressful.

I play on a Samsung S3 straight off of my home wifi connection which is very stable.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Tried all day, can't complete 1 run on any of my characters. Been trying all day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Hey Team,

I just wanna say that this dc/lag issue is totally out of control, I can't log in anywhere.

PC, phone - everything is pinging out red the moment I even try to step into the game. I spent another sleepless night last night trying desperately to keep myself from slipping off of the event leaderboard only to wake up this morning and I can't do anything - for once I'm nearly speechless.

I have not lost sleep for nearly seven days in a row clawing my way from the bottom of the board for things to go down like this, I'm trying my damnedest to be patient and positive about you guys working on these stability issues but now it's affecting more than just my sleep patterns. This is my time, health, and money that is being completely wasted these past few days. And I dunno if it's because of the lack of energy and sleep, but I'm practically in tears over this.

I don't wanna rage cause that doesn't help at all, and to be honest it's taking everything I have not to, but what's gonna happen if I lose my place because I can't run? Because I literally can't. And im trying not to freak out here, but you have no idea what its taken for me to come this far during the event and im barely holding on as it is, and at this point I'm starting to feel my mental health losing grip.

It's bad enough the dealing with the pressure of having to keep up on the board, but this, this is testing my sanity in ways that are incomprehensible.

Once again, everything in game has been fine up until yesterday when I started playing around 11:30 and noticed that my party of three was experiencing some wild ping spikes during event runs, nothing too rough, but certainly noticeable. Then as the day went on things started pinging out randomly everywhere I went. maps, towns, checking CS, checking the LB, super lengthy loading times between maps - everything was taking a more than a few seconds to populate and now it's to the point where even logging on is a test will power.

What is going on????
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt