Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I'm not quitting but yeah, I'm frustrated... My view...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

1. I would have changed their method of rewarding players for runs in order to obtain their desireable items.

Instead of having everything luck based with sneeky unknown drop rates that gives one no guarantee of being successful i would implement specific amount of runs/gold cost/plat cost.

Eg. Necro quest - unknown no. of runs and amount of locked that need to be opened for vials & arcane fossil. Why would i even bother to start this thing with constant alterations to drop rates and too many unknowns?

However, if i had known there are 2000 runs to do, and for every 20 i get a vial, and also 1000 locked to pop open. I would slowely get there eventually.

Samael - unknown no of locked - why not 1000 locks and sam is yours regardless of ur luck?

Now, if u have popped 1000 locks then ur given the choice:
    1. To complete necro quest (assuming you have the rest of required components).
    2. To receive sam egg.

Arcane shard - similar formula should follow.

Free players could buy these from the secondary market and make gold selling locks to plat users or could complete these quest at the appropriate plat to gold conversion rates. 1000 locked x 15 plat = 15000 plat x 3k(conversion rate) = 45 000 000 gold. The rate could be smaller though.

That way you would have continous cash inflow from people trying to reach their targets and become elites. It should be that the longer u play the game, the better equipped you can become with a string of enticing rewards on the way. How many players opened 300 locks, got nothing amd never invested in the game ever again?

I would also be willing to purchase a membership and pay 30 quid a month or so, but i need to see that im getting smth in return.

2. Quest log becomes full - why would there be a limit on this? Why daily quest are no separated from others? Why there is no division between quests from different maps? I find it hard to navigate here and I would like to see this grouped and neatly displayed in some proper fashion.

3. The rental shop - i would like to try smth out before buying, so why not offer every item for a specific amount of gold to be rented out for a day? (then 20 days cooldown)

4. I would like to see a secondary window showing me how my stats would have change if my sockets are filled with different gems of my choice. At the moment I do not see if its wise to go full grand tarlok or not. I know how much and which points i will gain and lose, but i do not see the final effect on my toon.

5. Removable gems bound to your toon only after being removed.

6. Automatic sale of junk items/green and blue crap.

7. Automatic search of similar items on sale - that lets me see the lowest price without typing its name and list it at cheaper rate.

8. I am disappointed with the second introduction of elondrian mythic weapons, followed by 2x mythic chance week. These items should be exclusive to the Ursoth event and should have never been reintroduced to the game again. I've inured a substantial capital loss. Silly money grabbing practices that you use put me off. Results - almost every single person wears mythic, prices took a plunge and nearly everyone is common now. You may have gold, but you will still wear the same EQ. The prices should be higher! I guess Ursume mythic are coming in the next 2x week, right?
    Last edited by grzena1982; 12-18-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

look interest thread um yes am agree with argument about winter event . no good way to make a little short term gold in this event . i see only long term gold investation like tarlok gems . we know right now is the big day , supposed to be beneficial not only for game developers but also players who enliven the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Almost two years ago I started playing this game because at the time it was the best game produced of this style. AL was an evolution improving upon other STS games. Today AL is still the best of its kind, which is the problem. AL is not the market leader because STS is constantly forced to outperform the competition; it is the market leader purely because of the pure lack of such competition. The business model has moved from hungry upstart to virtual monopoly. In a monoply there is little reason to focus on the quality of the product. The main goal is to maximize profit. It is for this reason that we see tons of half thought out additions that cause people to dump a bunch of money into plat, but little that actually improves the game.

I used to put lots of time, effort, and money into this game. Lately my play time has dropped drasticly as the game has failed to keep me engaged. Lack of meaningful content combined with unprecedented technical failure is making this game less and less desirable. As much as I have invested in this game, I will be among the first to jump ship as soon as someone puts the effort into a better product. STS simply gave up any meaningful attempt at producing a quality product some time ago.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    I am a 45 year old small business owner. I teach kids math, science, and engineering using LEGO. LEGO used to be my hobby but I needed a new outlet. I found AL two years ago just after Christmas when I got a Nexus 7. I have been a faithful player ever since. Before I had my own business I was a Software Engineer for several companies including IBM, I also volunteered from a fans perspective in the development of "LEGO Universe" a LEGO MMO that in the end didn't last a year for various reasons which I don't need to get into. So while I only know a little about game development I know a lot about software development.

As a child some of my favorite computer games were Bards Tale and some Dungeons and Dragons games. This was back in the day when you needed graph paper and meticulous notes to find your way around the cities and dungeons of the game. Younger AL players would probably laugh at those games if they played them now. Plus you just played them solo, there was no internet so MMO's hadn't even been thought of yet.

I loved AL because the subject matter was cool. I had no desire to get entangled in a game like WOW. The mobile aspect of AL and the neat graphics, dungeons, and player interaction were just what I was looking for. I do by plat, almost exclusively during plat sales but I am definitely NOT a plat whale.

My frustrations are many...

First, it seems with every major update and/or event either a major exploit or significant technical problem has been introduced to the game. If this were to occur rarely I could deal with it but it is every single update or event. To me, as a software developer this tells me that QA (Quality Assurance) at STS is not doing an adequate job. I have no idea if STS has a dedicated QA team or if developers double as QA when needed. Either way exploits and bugs should not be being introduced to the game at the rate they are.

Second, there is a definite impression that STS plays favorites at times and caters to the loudest voices instead of sticking to their guns, rationalizing there decisions, and standing fast. I have no idea if those voices are as loud as their plat sales but ins some cases I assume they are. This just looks like favoritism, intended or not.

Third, this might be related to my second point above but the constant buff/nerf cycle is driving me nuts! Please stop it, please. Take some time, so some research, poll fans but figure out what will work and be interesting in game before you release it. Then explain your rational for the item, pet, gem, etc and stick to your guns. Event gems changes... make me crazy. Planar Tombs changes... drive me nuts. Planar Pendant drop rates... are making me insane (are they dropping now or not?).

Fourth, this Winter event... Not good. Crate prices crashed already. There is nothing interesting in terms of pets or vanities available for tokens. Ice Scales and Energy are dropping at an obscene rate, why? I have no idea. The only thing worth farming are Tarlok Gems but they are a long term investment only. There seems to be no good way to make a little short term gold in this event and nothing worth my while to purchase. I have no idea how STS is gonna make this event profitable. I don't see any real excitement or buzz over it.

Now to STS's defense. There was a huge dc issue at/after halloween which would have been difficult to pick up in testing. I am sure this took away resources from the Winter event. My issue is this, STS knows that Halloween and Winter are their two biggest events and they occur about a month apart. Waiting to work on Winter until after Halloween just doesn't work. Winter should have been basically "in the can" before Halloween leaving minor tweaking for between the two events. If that had been the case the major dc issues should not have had a major effect on the winter event.

Finally, it seems that often when STS fixes one issue they introduce another. Things like the planar pendent recipe getting buffed from 0 then put back to 0 without anyone's knowledge at STS apparently. Now its supposedly buffed again but is it at the same rate as before or some new rate? It is impossible to know, I just know I still haven't heard of anyone looting one since the supposed second buff. This just leaves the trust level between STS and players at an extremely low level.

As stated at the beginning, I am not threatening to quit the game. I have two years invested in the game, I am not going to give that up. I obviously enjoy the game if I have played it that long. I do think STS is having a major rough patch with the game though. Also because of the lack of desirable items in this event I may not have any incentive to purchase plat during this event. I hope I am wrong because I have asked for some gift cards for the holidays. If not I will just hold the money till later. This isn't a threat it is just reality. My desire is that after the Winter event that STS dedicates a full Month to bug and exploit fixing only. Lets get this game back on stable footing before anything new is added. Lets check drop rates for everything and make sure they make sense. I think as players we would love to see some progress in this regard. And lets stop the Buff/Nerf Yo-Yo!

The other thing bringing me down lately is some of the players in game. I hate drama and I have been in the middle of some high drama lately. If that isn't resolved quickly something will have to change on my end but I will still be playing the game.

Thanks for reading, I just like the game a lot and want to see it on track for future success as well.

-Thrindal
    I have been a "gamer" since the 80's along with the release of NES. The majority of my gaming has been on various consoles and so the majority of games that i play only last for a few months of entertainment (at best) and then i am bored and move on to another game. In the 25-30 years of gaming there have only been 2 games that kept my attention for a year or longer. The first was Call of Duty because of the competitive multiplayer and the fact that every 2-3months new maps would be released so it would keep it fresh. Eventually i even got bored of that.

The second game that was able to keep my attention for over a year was this one, Arcane Legends. When i first started playing there was so much to farm that i could actually make gold at it! and i did just that. I started to emerge myself in all aspects of the game, farming,merching, i hit level cap and started running elites for aps, I joined Chivalrous Union which was/is/always will be my home in Arlor.
    I made many friends along the way and just about everything pve oriented.

All games have a shelf life for me, however AL is not the same game i fell in love with. In the last two years much has changed...many bugs have been introduced. I blame the events for that, there were never any latency or disconnection issues until the energy events started to arrive and with the introduction of every new energy event comes latency/disconnection along with a laundry list of other bugs.
    Nerf this/ Buff that and then Nerf it again, impossible drop rates of 0, Double odds weekends with no double odds, etc etc etc.

I too have played AL approaching the 2 year mark, I remember what this game was like when i first started, I was enchanted and fell in love with AL.
    But the fact the remains that AL is not the same AL that it used to be.

Coming from a life long gamer, STS had/has a winner here but they lost their way. Unfortunately i think AL is past the point of saving but perhaps there is a bitter sweet to all of this.
    I have heard that STS is working on a new game, well if AL was a culmination of all of their past games and they made this amazing game well then the next one should make AL look amateurish in comparison if we follow the current trend STS has set.

I personally have invested no real life money into AL but i have invested years of my time. I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be for those people out there that have invested thousands of dollars along with the same or more time than myself to see their game dwindling or for them to even think that AL will eventually fizzle and fade. Now i'm not saying that AL has reach a point of extinction, Ultimately that is solely up to the players. I know this is very cliche but it is very true here in the real world " Nothing lasts forever".

Be glad with the memories and friends you have made for they are plentiful i am sure.

I know I am and will always be grateful.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I do not agree with that the events are the cause of bugs. The event system is the perfect retirement of AL and for STS. It's my main reason to believe AL won't get another cap raise. It keeps the game somewhat interesting, without lots of work to create new maps, gear, maps, bosses, etc. The event system is the solution where the other legend games lack of. They truly died with the stop of development. It's been almost a year [march 2014] without a new level cap for AL and yet a massive amount players play the game, because they keep entertained with the events. Especially the events are well played and undeniable good for platinum sales too.
    The last cap, STS had a race-to-cap contest with a big prize. This was fun for players, but the knife cuts both ways. It gave players an extra interest to cap their characters, but it also left them with nothing to play for faster than normal.

The first 'test' event and the elondrian event didn't had serious issues. Sure it had complaints, but bugs? Prizes have been adjusted over the events while STS learned from the previous events.
    The lag issues started with the last introduction of the new client which was just before the halloween event. I don't know which changes have been made in the last client, but it seem to have a big effect. Bugs might be part of the new client, it also might have been bad planning of the last 2 events (halloween & winter) colliding with the mayor lag-issue which had to be fixed like written in the OP.

If only other legend games had an event system...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I do think AL has at least one more cap raise in its future. Granted new caps have slowed considerably but I do think we will get at least one more.

I agree that the events system in the perfect implementation would extend the life of AL considerably with little development needed by STS. I have my doubts however that STS has achieved that "perfect implementation" just yet. Each event has quirks and odd disconnects from previous events. For example why can party members join an event map after the boss has been attacked in this event but that has not been allowed before? To me a perfect event system would require turning on a few flags and reskinning a couple maps and mobs. They would have to change a few items in loot tables and give the event a name that would alter the name of crates. There has obviously been a lot more work going into events than just that plus recycled vanities and pets have not been well received.

Planar content is also meant to hold end gamers attention between caps and ultimately until this new game is released. It has its own problems too mostly involving impossible to loot items, or at least so near to impossible that folks have already lost interest in trying to farm them due to the expense. If there were some lower tier items that could be looted more frequently that had some value and could be sold to keep folks farming longer maybe we would have something.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for contributing constructive posts to this thread. Hopefully STS will take some/all to heart and work at some of the suggestions.

Thrindal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I am a 45 year old small business owner. I teach kids math, science, and engineering using LEGO. LEGO used to be my hobby but I needed a new outlet. I found AL two years ago just after Christmas when I got a Nexus 7. I have been a faithful player ever since. Before I had my own business I was a Software Engineer for several companies including IBM, I also volunteered from a fans perspective in the development of "LEGO Universe" a LEGO MMO that in the end didn't last a year for various reasons which I don't need to get into. So while I only know a little about game development I know a lot about software development.

As a child some of my favorite computer games were Bards Tale and some Dungeons and Dragons games. This was back in the day when you needed graph paper and meticulous notes to find your way around the cities and dungeons of the game. Younger AL players would probably laugh at those games if they played them now. Plus you just played them solo, there was no internet so MMO's hadn't even been thought of yet.

I loved AL because the subject matter was cool. I had no desire to get entangled in a game like WOW. The mobile aspect of AL and the neat graphics, dungeons, and player interaction were just what I was looking for. I do by plat, almost exclusively during plat sales but I am definitely NOT a plat whale.

First, it seems with every major update and/or event either a major exploit or significant technical problem has been introduced to the game. If this were to occur rarely I could deal with it but it is every single update or event. To me, as a software developer this tells me that QA (Quality Assurance) at STS is not doing an adequate job. I have no idea if STS has a dedicated QA team or if developers double as QA when needed. Either way exploits and bugs should not be being introduced to the game at the rate they are.

Second, there is a definite impression that STS plays favorites at times and caters to the loudest voices instead of sticking to their guns, rationalizing there decisions, and standing fast. I have no idea if those voices are as loud as their plat sales but ins some cases I assume they are. This just looks like favoritism, intended or not.

Third, this might be related to my second point above but the constant buff/nerf cycle is driving me nuts! Please stop it, please. Take some time, so some research, poll fans but figure out what will work and be interesting in game before you release it. Then explain your rational for the item, pet, gem, etc and stick to your guns. Event gems changes... make me crazy. Planar Tombs changes... drive me nuts. Planar Pendant drop rates... are making me insane (are they dropping now or not?).

Fourth, this Winter event... Not good. Crate prices crashed already. There is nothing interesting in terms of pets or vanities available for tokens. Ice Scales and Energy are dropping at an obscene rate, why? I have no idea. The only thing worth farming are Tarlok Gems but they are a long term investment only. There seems to be no good way to make a little short term gold in this event and nothing worth my while to purchase. I have no idea how STS is gonna make this event profitable. I don't see any real excitement or buzz over it.

Now to STS's defense. There was a huge dc issue at/after halloween which would have been difficult to pick up in testing. I am sure this took away resources from the Winter event. My issue is this, STS knows that Halloween and Winter are their two biggest events and they occur about a month apart. Waiting to work on Winter until after Halloween just doesn't work. Winter should have been basically "in the can" before Halloween leaving minor tweaking for between the two events. If that had been the case the major dc issues should not have had a major effect on the winter event.

Finally, it seems that often when STS fixes one issue they introduce another. Things like the planar pendent recipe getting buffed from 0 then put back to 0 without anyone's knowledge at STS apparently. Now its supposedly buffed again but is it at the same rate as before or some new rate? It is impossible to know, I just know I still haven't heard of anyone looting one since the supposed second buff. This just leaves the trust level between STS and players at an extremely low level.

As stated at the beginning, I am not threatening to quit the game. I have two years invested in the game, I am not going to give that up. I obviously enjoy the game if I have played it that long. I do think STS is having a major rough patch with the game though. Also because of the lack of desirable items in this event I may not have any incentive to purchase plat during this event. I hope I am wrong because I have asked for some gift cards for the holidays. If not I will just hold the money till later. This isn't a threat it is just reality. My desire is that after the Winter event that STS dedicates a full Month to bug and exploit fixing only. Lets get this game back on stable footing before anything new is added. Lets check drop rates for everything and make sure they make sense. I think as players we would love to see some progress in this regard. And lets stop the Buff/Nerf Yo-Yo!

The other thing bringing me down lately is some of the players in game. I hate drama and I have been in the middle of some high drama lately. If that isn't resolved quickly something will have to change on my end but I will still be playing the game.

Thanks for reading, I just like the game a lot and want to see it on track for future success as well.

-Thrindal
    Increasing level cap is not the way to go. I rather they keep balance right before introducing a new level cap.

End game content development can be endless. I always felt an increase in level cap is the easy way out, and not entirely effective. For Tombs I have to admit it is a very good end game pve content now that the imbued gears have been buffed. They should have even made them mythic instead.

They could work more on pvp now which is a very neglected part of the game. Bigger pvp maps that can take maybe 10v10 or 20v20. Guild wars. Guild dungeon boss which can be challenged by guild members and reward some unquie gem that grants maybe exp benefits or what not in guild parties.

Pure leader board basis is just a name plastered on the wall. Make it beneficial in game to be in a guild with hard stats and rewards.

So much more can be done for end game and the community instead of just launching new level caps. Also to be honest, there is very little incentive to increase the level cap with our current skill system and for what 25 stat points? Which can be easily added to existing gears like maybe a quest line to upgrade the gears. This way old items maintain their value and the market will not crash. At the same time new comers can profit from it.

To be able to hold end game at 41 and make it challenging / exciting will be a testament to STG ability. Of course they can always take the easy way out and launch new level cap. It will be the same story all over again. No depth.
    Last edited by Leonut; 12-19-2014 at 11:45 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

nice one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

-Thrindal
    Hits the mark! I too want this game to keep succeeding and to last long as it can but to do so it has to reflect on the mistake they've done this year 2014. Lots of unexpected scenario which I hope will be addressed on 2015.

ON QUOTE - These two points are very connected no need to delve too much but bottom line is, sure they have 50k plat purchase or heck 100k but most crying for a buff/nerf of a certain items are these people basing on their "personal preference".
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

-Thrindal
    I do share the OP exact frustration. Thanks for putting them into words so eloquently. Too much changes, too often and unpredictable. My life dont revolve around politicking and campaigning on forum. And as a long time player, it might the time that i say adios.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Thrindal
    Planar pendant yeah i frustrated with it too . Farming in Planar arena so expensive , need to waste ankh but havent loot recipe until now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Agree