Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rude Players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rude Players?

I am new to pocket legends and have experienced a rash of rudeness since starting. I'm not completely understanding the game etiquette, especially where the automatic grouping and loot systems are concerned. Is there a guide or a few basic rules a new player can follow in order to avoid the name calling and rude comments.

Furthermore, I feel that if people don't appreciate new players and their behavior then they need to stay out of the newbie areas.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

There is no call for people to be rude, and we'd like to get it out of the game :/ If people cuss or spread hatred, please send their name to support(at)spacetimestudios.com
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sorry, there are some rude people in the game. But the decent people outnumber the rude ones. Unfortunately, you see a lot of rude behaviour in lower levels -- some people troll, some people are just rude, and some are higher levels farming low-level maps and think because they're higher than you they outrank you. Not so -- if you're on a map that's level appropriate for you, that's your area, not theirs. If anyone gets abusive, report them -- the devs are awesome at taking care of the trouble makers.

As you level, find people you like to play with and add them as friends. If you don't like someone, put them on ignore. Build your friends list, and soon you'll have people you enjoy playing with. It's a really fun game once you find good people to play with.

Feel free to add my mage, I'd be happy to show you around and answer questions. And stick around here, there are a lot of helpful people here on the forums who are friendly.

Good luck, and don't take no guff!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

+1 to what Dizzy said.

No room for rudeness and although it might not seem like it they are in the minority. Feel free to add any of my alts and I'd also be happy to clarify any questions you have, or show you round a bit.

Def find people you like playing with though, and your list will be nice and big in no time at all, then you won't have to worry about the idiots then....

Good Luck
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for reassuring me that the negative behavior is not normal. I think the biggest problem is the higher level players doing their farming thing and not liking it when I pop in. I've been kicked for doing nothing more than casting some spells and healing. I suppose it's because I got a piece of loot and they were upset with me because of it. I have really enjoyed those players that go with the flow, especially the one's that wait for me to stick with them before moving on. Can't wait to be able to run it on my netbook so I can play when I'm supposed to be doing other things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I think your request for some guide is cool, but people have different ideas about it.

For instance, some people think, if you are level 36 (for instance) and go into a map for level 50, then you deserve to be booted. And there are others who will simply ask you to leave, as politely as possible, and only boot you if you don't go. But there are others who don't care.

Similarly, there are people who think if you get a phone call and stop playing they will boot you because the level only takes five minutes and when they move to the next level you will still be "away" in the old map. Plus they would want to make room for someone who is actually playing.

There are two sides to rudeness, and it isn't true that the first one to call the other one rude is always the one who is right.

I'm saying that it is true that you might be accidentally calling the boot on yourself because you don't know what is considered normal.

Again, a low level player should not join maps where high level players are farming. That's always going to get you booted. And if that's what you mean by rude, it isn't. In that case, it is unreasonable for you to expect high level farmers to let you leech xp from them (if that is what you are doing).

Anyway, I don't know, I might be way off base, but it does sound like you are trying to play beyond your level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Absolutely not playing beyond my level. I've been doing the quests in order and can solo the mobs in the dungeon I've been booted from. I do believe being in the first area at level 10 is perfectly acceptable, if I'm mistaken please let me know. I've run across level 30's in that area that boot me the instant I move into a map and others that have just plain called me a name or said F*** off. I really can't help zoning into their map and if there is a way to help it then I would like to know. I have been following game progression and killing the things I'm required to kill in order to finish a quest. Sometimes I stay in an area and just kill zombies for a while, especially when I'm close to the next level.

I've not once gone AFK while playing, the one time I did get a call I rejected it and let voice mail get it. I also believe in logging out if I'm not going to be able to play for 5 minutes. Most of that stuff is just common sense, beyond that, a handy guide of group etiquette would be nice. It's an mmo and I do not want to solo the whole game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Of-Etiquette

Can I get a +1?

I admit to being angry when a party fails no matter who it is. I can't really say I've failed miserably in a dungeon either. But I'm trying my best to improve my tolerance of people who don't know how to cooperate yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Sometimes group wipes just happen.

And sometimes you have to hide from the King and Queen until the idiot dies.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol sometimes the idiot as u say (bit mean not like they know any better) can sometimes want help and run over to you all.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my advice for you is
    1. just use the portal if there is in the town so you can't be booted, because the game is self is the host.
    2. if you want to join to other room just make sure you are at their LV range. and you must have the best equip at your lv, because status is important
    3. patients is very important don't rush a thing if you can't do it.

you can add me Nimbuz or Hazelnutz in game if you want me to help you leveling and explain about the game, cheers and good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the positive posts. Thanks for the advice, Nimbuzz, I did not know that about the portal and game hosting. Great guide on etiquette, thanks to Junside for posting that. Although most of the stuff mentioned there is for people that have never played a mmo before I don't think any tolerate the begging and power-leveling annoyances.
    Last edited by Astriya; 02-16-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, I was guessing at the causes, not accusing. :-)

Personally, I only boot if necessary for party harmony. If people say asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk off, you can report them and they will be banned for 3 days. Personally, I only report hate talk and offensive names. I'm like the old Dad in Christmas Story fighting his furnace, but I try to never let that out in the MMO because I don't want my mouth washed out with soap.

I wonder, however, if you've played MMOs before, wouldn't you already know to expect arrogance from some high level players? Isn't this found in all MMOs?

In any case, I am glad you got some great feedback. Sorry if mine came off negative.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astriya View Post
    Although most of the stuff mentioned there is for people that have never played a mmo before I don't think any tolerate the begging and power-leveling annoyances.
    Thank GOD! YES!!! Fight the Mynas Gen!!

You, my firend, are an awesome new player (too cool to be noob ) Anyways a belated Welcome from the Zerious Co.!
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played MMOs before and know full well that growing arrogance as level increases is only natural. It's not the players fault, in the most case it's down to frustration at so many annoying noobs! When higher level players ignore me or moan at me or whatever I take it on the chin and ignore them back. If they don't have time for me then I don't have time for them and I'm quite happy to go elsewhere.

Lower level players are more annoying. I do like to help people by giving advice or by giving away items I've looted that are no use to me but when you get begged at for items or levelling to me that is just irritating. Such things are not necessary to be successful at the game so there is no need for it. Anyone begging for free stuff and power levelling clearly isn't here to enjoy the game for what it is anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Heres a little hint: try and stay out of forest haven; its turned into the dark hallway where gang minions hang out and a fallen trash can on the entrance :-/
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astriya View Post
    I am new to pocket legends and have experienced a rash of rudeness since starting. I'm not completely understanding the game etiquette, especially where the automatic grouping and loot systems are concerned. Is there a guide or a few basic rules a new player can follow in order to avoid the name calling and rude comments.

Furthermore, I feel that if people don't appreciate new players and their behavior then they need to stay out of the newbie areas.

Welcome to the game and forums

Sorry that people have treated you bad, that's no fun ;(

Find and meet some good decent friends and ignore/report anyone that is overly rude and mean. After all, it is just a game, and games are meant to be fun. Especially in a community oriented game like Pocket Legends is. People should be willing to help each other out and play the game together, and not against each other. It is unfortunate that you have had a bad experience =[ Hopefully this will change for you. Pocket Legends is a very good game, and it is unfortunate that a few players have taken away some of the fun for you.

Send me a friend request in-game and I'll add you and try to help you out if I can

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

First off, Welcome! Feel free to add my alts. I never mind helping people out and tend to play in all levels.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thing you can do to avoid the high levels being rude to lower levels is to make your own game and invite your own friends. If you get someone in your group being rude boot them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you think this game has a bad community, you should see runescape. 1/2 the
    people you meet there are trolls, flamers, spammers, etc... Thats why I quit. In this game everyone is nice (this game is 1000 times better btw).