Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My perfect, fabulous, brilliant idea to fix the mythic problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Default My perfect, fabulous, brilliant idea to fix the mythic problem.

I apologize before if my idea blows your mind, or of there is another one of these threads floating about.

So after reading all these posts about all the mythic items in AL, making them all nearly worthless, and how it's a crime now for a medium rank player to own a mythic...etc I took it upon myself to think of a solution, (such a noble cause right?) So after long hours of staring into sunsets while listening to John Legend, I thought of absolutely nothing. Then I wandered inside and played on AL, and 11 red bull's later, I thought of it, and best of all, STS has already implemented an idea like it in AL already.

Mythic Sink Vanity's! Just like Sir Spendalot, STS can make an NPC that exchanges mythic items for some really kick butt looking Vanity's. The system would work something like this.

Lv 31 mythic items: first vanity set.
    Lv 36 mythic items: second vanity set.
    Lv 41 mythic items: third and best looking vanity set.

So any ideas? All constructive comments welcome, troll comments will be set on fire.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    I apologize before if my idea blows your mind, or of there is another one of these threads floating about.

So after reading all these posts about all the mythic items in AL, making them all nearly worthless, and how it's a crime now for a medium rank player to own a mythic...etc I took it upon myself to think of a solution, (such a noble cause right?) So after long hours of staring into sunsets while listening to John Legend, I thought of absolutely nothing. Then I wandered inside and played on AL, and 11 red bull's later, I thought of it, and best of all, STS has already implemented an idea like it in AL already.

Mythic Sink Vanity's! Just like Sir Spendalot, STS can make an NPC that exchanges mythic items for some really kick butt looking Vanity's. The system would work something like this.

So any ideas? All constructive comments welcome, troll comments will be set on fire.
    Sacrificing the mythics for vanities? That's a...probably only some people or maybe no one would do that. I nearly spent like 6m on that mythic set for my Mage. It would be a huge loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raselph View Post
    Sacrificing the mythics for vanities? That's a...probably only some people or maybe no one would do that. I nearly spent like 6m on that mythic set for my Mage. It would be a huge loss.
    Yeah, cuz no one ever gets the 10m gold vanities from Sir Spendalot... really? Think about how many people have mythics now. Once they expire, or become trash, what will happen to them? You cant trade the lvl 36 armor set, so would you rather it wait and collect dust or trade it in for something universal. And it'd give incentive for others to complete the mythic upgrade quest once the lvl 36 set gets pwned.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There was originally some talk that they would be converted to vanity later on when they are no longer useful, but that was back when the discussion was about these "very rare" mythic items that only a few players had. Back then a full set was upwards of 10m. Now they have been in use for so long and are so common, that you rarely see anyone walking around wearing one that does not cover it up with some sort of vanity. So the exclusivity has run out for these, so making them a vanity is not something I think anyone wants to see at this point. I think we want the old mythics to just go away already!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

This troll is on fireeeeeee

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Well this would be quite cool..
    Ign:Fvw

9. The Following User Says Thank You to radagan For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

See, I just got my set recently (2 months ago) and literelly 2 weeks after, people telling others not to buy mythic set. and i feel like crap atm, cuz i just wasted 1.3mil on this useless undtradable thing. STS, MAKE IT UPGRADEABLE TO 41 PLZZZ / thank youu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Its clear if u will release 3 mythics in a season obviously myth will drop. Best is release less mythics recolour. And last time they were released for only a weekend and now these special locks makes them farmable anytime and whats the prob if a medium rank player gets a myth :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    This troll is on fireeeeeee
    Do u want me to douse you with a water bucket now or later?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They could make mythic armor upgradable to level 41, and make the level 36 mythic armor tradable, but you have to upgrade the level 26/31 armor to lv36 then 41, you cant just upgrade it from lv36 to 41, you have to do all the quests.

Just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soullesmage View Post
    They could make mythic armor upgradable to level 41, and make the level 36 mythic armor tradable, but you have to upgrade the level 26/31 armor to lv36 then 41, you cant just upgrade it from lv36 to 41, you have to do all the quests.

Just an idea.
    Ok
    +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A big reason why the economy of AL has suffered so much the past year is because of the upgradable mythics. Basically all those players who have lots of gold never had any reason to spend any of it on armors and helms. No armor or helm you could farm for was better than what they already had, so you could not farm for any armor or helm that was worth anything decent. Now with the introduction of imbued/dark crystal armors and helms, for the first time in 18 months you can actually farm for armors and helms worth a good fortune. Pleeeeease do NOT make this go away.

And for the guy who says he just bought mythic helm and armor, you paid probably 1-1.2m for the set. Players who bought it back in season 3/4 paid 10-15m for their set. That is what the best armor and helm in the game should cost. So now that is what imbued cost. The difference is that you can farm for imbued, they don't drop from locked crates, which should help get the economy moving over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A big reason why the economy of AL has suffered so much the past year is because of the upgradable mythics. Basically all those players who have lots of gold never had any reason to spend any of it on armors and helms. No armor or helm you could farm for was better than what they already had, so you could not farm for any armor or helm that was worth anything decent. Now with the introduction of imbued/dark crystal armors and helms, for the first time in 18 months you can actually farm for armors and helms worth a good fortune. Pleeeeease do NOT make this go away.

And for the guy who says he just bought mythic helm and armor, you paid probably 1-1.2m for the set. Players who bought it back in season 3/4 paid 10-15m for their set. That is what the best armor and helm in the game should cost. So now that is what imbued cost. The difference is that you can farm for imbued, they don't drop from locked crates, which should help get the economy moving over time.
    I agree. Now that the imbued has been released It would be a bad idea to add a lvl41scale quest. The AL economy would actually suffer from a move like that at this point. I think there should be more farmable items of decent value. Unlike ectoplasm, new mythic pendant recipe, etc.. which has a almost nonexistent drop rate. The planar tombs, the new gear and the whole system gets a big thumbs up from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

very true, so guess my idea is invalid.... damn you Energizeric .... making posts with so much logic...

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

but then... what about lower lvs who want the mythics? the price will never drop and it will be very hard for them to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What if they made vanities for weapons?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post

Great artist!! I just think that people don't want to get rid of there mythic armor cause of the price paid for it not to mention it would be a huge loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

just let's begin pvp lv 36. The weapons are cheap enough, no planar pendant, no arcane ring. it sounds fair enough for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Id say make it tradeable. There r a lot more ppl who doesnt lv36 myth and want it demand will be higher than supply so price wont drop too far, and it requires a hard quest to upgrade (especially the helm) so yeah, price wont drop.. Its still the best dmg givin armor for lv36-40 imo, and it looks cool. Ppl will buy it, including me... looking ur equipment slots colored orange is cool anyway lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think the idea of upgrading lv36 mythics to higher lv mythics isnt that bad . The economy must not even suffer if there would be a New recipe on the New Update with the New Maps and i guess lv46 cap and so on. If
    there would be a recipe which can be rarely looted from for example the Elite end Boss , which would allow you to upgrade your lv36 mythics to lv46 mythics.
    I spent Golds on mythic set and i'm not happy to See them getting worthless , and many people do so too .