Thread: Tip for Bank Vault Joining via "Join Game Search"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Tip for Bank Vault Joining via "Join Game Search"

When you join a Bank Vault game in progress, you'll end up right where you can be hit by the enemies, and easily die. Here's what I do:

This is for solo only so it's not a solid strategy for parties.

As soon as you enter the Bank Vault, run towards the portal on the other side, which is supposed to be the entrance/back to BB Hideout. Same idea as ignoring the mini bosses in VL lobby.

Go back in through the portal into the Bank Vault and you'll be at a safe distance from the 4 enemies. From here, go 1 vs 1 against each enemy. NOT by attacking and luring, but by walking slowly near one. One you reach proximity within one of them, run back to the little area near the portal. If you're good at soloing, you can kill all of them off one by one.

Alternatively, you can simply just kill the same enemy 4 times by walking out via portal and coming back in.

This is all assuming you're there for the Daily Quest.
    Last edited by Junside; 02-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Very nice, I'll have to try this. You'd have to have the daily quest too, to get back in.

Also, I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update. Are they still there? I'd assumed people joining were on friend lists.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Very nice, I'll have to try this. You'd have to have the daily quest too, to get back in.

Also, I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update. Are they still there? I'd assumed people joining were on friend lists.
    I was wondering why I get rejected sometimes when trying to go in directly from BB Hideout, but I guess you need the Daily Quest on-hand.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

LOL, the first time I jumped into vault from the "join game" screen, I was expecting to spawn in the usual spot and was surprised I ended up in the middle, and of course I was killed instantly. I respawned and got dead even quicker. Did this a few times while frantically trying to hit mana shield before being killed and finally gave up. It was pretty funny, it was like I was on this loop of death I couldn't escape (till I went back to towne) Now I only go into the vault if at least one enemy is dead, then I do OK.

BUT, love your tip. Going to try it tonight. It's really a slam soloing the vault with a lvl 51 pure mage, hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    ...I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update....
    It turns out you need to have 'All' checked in the join games search rather than PvE.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to use this tactic, you have to got the quest active! else you cannot walk back
    Level 54 -- Level 07 -- Level 50
    Ursanblessing - Icannotres - Birdinpink
    Warrior --- Mage --- Bird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most times when I've joined a bank vault game via join game the group kills only the Beargular and leaves :/
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah, he's being heavily farmed for recipes. He's a very quick kill and you can do dozens of rounds in a short time. You can complete the quest by rejoining and still get it done quite quickly. I got a recipe drop yesterday and saw 2 others in maybe an hour's time. I'd guess this is the main reason recipe prices have been dropping.

Also, if you want to farm him, you can complete the quest and not turn it in and still be able to re-enter the easy way. I now take the quest early and then don't turn in till I'm done for the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

use bear if u want to join thru the join game menu. my bear on full hate can take the bashing and not die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think this is going to get patched soon so help yourself while you can. This feels like a bug.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

If there's a bug, it's that you get thrown into the battle instead of the safe zone when joining
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.