Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual Spec Guide (55).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty new to the jargons used in this forum. What do you mean by build? If it's stat points, I used 138/138 as adviced and I see what you mean when you said this is not the minimum. 138/138 is more of a convenience. I'm not into pvp yet and maybe when I start pvp battles I'll tweak it again to get my optimum stats.

For now, a bird with more defence when i solo a map makes things easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yes build means stat/skill points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Major update:

I messed up on the 138 value. 138 + 32 = 170 wouldn't allow you to use an orange/green helm, but 139 does.

So for everyone who's read and/or is using the guide, PLEASE use 139 as the minimum IF you are using a +32 booster set (osiris/horus/thoth).

139 allows you to equip even an orange/green as a 55 helm, 139 only allowed you to use a purple/pink helm for it to work.

I'm REALLY sorry to those who wasted respecs on this, I didn't notice it until just now.

139 should definitely work, tried and tested numerous times.

I also replaced all the screenshots with the new 139 stat.

Again, I'm VERY SORRY for those who wasted respecs on 138 and it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post

Right now I'm a dual spec warbird and it's a bit of an improvement. Thanks for the help! I did have to respec again though because I was off by one point.
    I finally just found that one point, sorry for not noticing earlier.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 03-12-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My stats using 138/138 is fine with lv55 orange or green helm. Allows me to equip them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    My stats using 138/138 is fine with lv55 orange or green helm. Allows me to equip them
    You must be using different boosters, the +32 ones aren't enough.

One Rift/Void/Cosmos into those boosters should make it work though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeh, I used a rift to temporary boost it from 170 to 173 strength and a void to boost to 173 dex to equip all 173 equipments.

So 138/138 is still feasible, don't need to waste plats to restat to 139/139. Just
    buy these +11 stats equipements if you don't have 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    Yeh, I used a rift to temporary boost it from 170 to 173 strength and a void to boost to 173 dex to equip all 173 equipments.

So 138/138 is still feasible, don't need to waste plats to restat to 139/139. Just
    buy these +11 stats equipements if you don't have 1.
    So what exactly is in your booster loadouts?

The only reason I say 139 is to be able to use all Osiris/Horus/Thoth with no confusion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi ellyidol, I was trying out the boaster sets I have again. I get what you guys mean. I can't equip 2 handed orange and green lv55 weapons because I'm off by a point. So yes, 139/139 should be the way to go now if orange and green gears are important to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't seem to find any other permutations of booster sets to solve this 1 point difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

If you tell me your exact booster sets, might be able to help

But yeah, generally the values (139) here are only based on using Osiris/Horus/Thoth set alone. 139 isn't the very minimum, just in this case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    ...139 isn't the very minimum, just in this case
    What do you think is the minimum for a warbird go on Str? I've played around with the dual spec and can easily use 139/140 for Str/Dex, but I can't seem to figure out a reasonable booster set to go any lower than 130/149.
    Last edited by Wushu; 04-03-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Have I mentioned yet, Mr. I'm-On-a-Boat-With-7-Guys-I-Know, how much I am liking the dual-spec Str/Dex build?
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    What do you think is the minimum for a warbird go on Str? I've played around with the dual spec and can easily use 139/140 for Str/Int, but I can't seem to figure out a reasonable booster set to go any lower than 130/149.
    If you're going warbird and using str gear only, I can say the minimum is much lower

I remember using less than 120 on my bear to get to my 55 gear. Booster A to use Booster B to boost to 55 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Have I mentioned yet, Mr. I'm-On-a-Boat-With-7-Guys-I-Know, how much I am liking the dual-spec Str/Dex build?
    Yeah I see that with you switching :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi,

i was experimenting to see if i would be able equipt lvl 55 items to my dual str/int 55 mage with 138 str. and i did!! (with out manual equipt, just thru loadout)
    here are my boosters:

* equipt first helm ->sword->armor->shield then save loadout
    loadout 1: my boosters

helm: lvl 45 conquerer mynas helmet (req 138 str)- + 7 str
    sword: lvl 45 zuras plasma sword (req 142 str) - +9 str
    armor: lvl 50 power armor of the rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
    shield: lvl 50 skull shield of rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
    total str after my loadout 1: 176

loadout 2: my 55 equips

helm: lvl 55 fury helm (req 173 str)
    sword: lvl 55 body guard's gemstone axe (req 173 str)
    armor: lvl 55 fury plate (req 173 str)
    shield: lvl 55 body guard gemstone shield (req 173 str)

i was able to loadout from naked to loadout 1 to loadout 2 with out error or manually equiping

based on my trial and error, it seems load out first equips and compute stat from helm-> weapon -> armor-> shield in order
    i have tried rift helm, rift sword, armor 45 osiris, shield 45 osiris but this combination failed to loadout

i would post pictures (video if possible)
    i hope there would be some who can try and feedback my trial and error is true

i have no lvl 40 osiris helm (req 123 str/ +8 str), i think this will allow lower str (may be 135 or 136 str) to loadout lvl 55 equips and would allow int to be updated to 143 or higher. which will now allow to dual spec at lvl 55 using 45 thoth eqpt -> lvl 55 eqp.

note
    this set up was only tested only on my mage. it is up to you if want to respec and try this
    not sure if this will work for other class

all comments, opinions and suggestions are open

regards,
    ANTHRAXED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrseventeen View Post
    hi,

i was experimenting to see if i would be able equipt lvl 55 items to my dual str/int 55 mage with 138 str. and i did!! (with out manual equipt, just thru loadout)
    here are my boosters:

* equipt first helm ->sword->armor->shield then save loadout
    loadout 1: my boosters

helm: lvl 45 conquerer mynas helmet (req 138 str)- + 7 str
    sword: lvl 45 zuras plasma sword (req 142 str) - +9 str
    armor: lvl 50 power armor of the rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
    shield: lvl 50 skull shield of rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
    total str after my loadout 1: 176

loadout 2: my 55 equips

helm: lvl 55 fury helm (req 173 str)
    sword: lvl 55 body guard's gemstone axe (req 173 str)
    armor: lvl 55 fury plate (req 173 str)
    shield: lvl 55 body guard gemstone shield (req 173 str)

i was able to loadout from naked to loadout 1 to loadout 2 with out error or manually equiping

based on my trial and error, it seems load out first equips and compute stat from helm-> weapon -> armor-> shield in order
    i have tried rift helm, rift sword, armor 45 osiris, shield 45 osiris but this combination failed to loadout

i would post pictures (video if possible)
    i hope there would be some who can try and feedback my trial and error is true

i have no lvl 40 osiris helm (req 123 str/ +8 str), i think this will allow lower str (may be 135 or 136 str) to loadout lvl 55 equips and would allow int to be updated to 143 or higher. which will now allow to dual spec at lvl 55 using 45 thoth eqpt -> lvl 55 eqp.

note
    this set up was only tested only on my mage. it is up to you if want to respec and try this
    not sure if this will work for other class

all comments, opinions and suggestions are open

regards,
    ANTHRAXED
    138 works for you because of your loadouts (139 from guide only works as minimum from +32 loadouts).

Yup, the stat calculations work in that order.

It takes the stat bonus of the helm, applies it first, then equips it if you have enough. Which works the same way with the rest, in order.

So technically, you could wear a helm with xx (xx being the amount of stat points the helm gives you) less stats than the helm requirement.

The 56 crowns do this so well. Especially in using them as boosters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it possible with the Level 56 helm, to dual wield 2 items from each stat at the same time? Like being able to equip a Dex Talon/Wing, and a Str Helm/Armor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Is it possible with the Level 56 helm, to dual wield 2 items from each stat at the same time? Like being able to equip a Dex Talon/Wing, and a Str Helm/Armor?
    2 55s no, but lower levels, maybe. Haven't been able to test that, I'll see what I can do

45s you might be able to use 1/2 pieces. 50s, doubtful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I fail to understand the need of a green helm and rift/void/cosmos pieces.

I go from initial str of 137 to 169 with all an osiris set and I then kick in all fury which loads fine from a loadout (even though as such I couldn't equip any of the fury items with a 169 str, unless I first throw in some rifts/hates ofcourse).

I noticed that by accident and I thought it was common knowledge, but your guide seems to use rift/void/cosmos in between needlessly. Or maybe I'm just confused. If this is all good and well known then sorry for the noise.

Incidentally the 137 allows me to either switch to a dex crown or go two handed (I like the hammer for it's looks). But the main issue of course is loadout limit of four. With that I can flip flop with fury and mega staff without manually equips between changes. Handy for pve. For pvp pallies probably drop to 125 (osiris+hate will still get you to 173) or below but then there's no going backs, but I dunno about that enough. Let the pvp pallies speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 03-31-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    I fail to understand the need of a green helm and rift/void/cosmos pieces.

I go from initial str of 137 to 169 with all an osiris set and I then kick in all fury which loads fine from a loadout (even though as such I couldn't equip any of the fury items with a 169 str, unless I first throw in some rifts/hates ofcourse).

I noticed that by accident and I thought it was common knowledge, but your guide seems to use rift/void/cosmos in between needlessly. Or maybe I'm just confused. If this is all good and well known then sorry for the noise.

Incidentally the 137 allows me to either switch to a crown (137 + 3*12 = 173) or go two handed. But the main issue of course is loadout limit of four. With that I can flip flop with fury and mega staff without manually equips between changes. Handy for pve. For pvp pallies probably drop to 125 (osiris+hate will still get you to 173) or below but then there's no going backs, but I dunno about that enough. Let the pvp pallies speak for themselves.
    The Rift/Void/Cosmos pieces are only used for initially manually equipping your 55 gear loadouts.

137 + 32 = 169, correct. But 169 isn't enough to manually equip your 55 gear to put into your loadouts in the first place.

Also, 137 is the lowest possible for a +32 boosting set IF your 55 helm is purple/pink.
    That's taken from the assumption that the loadouts add the stats that items give first, before actually equipping them. So in your case:

137 + 32 = 169

169 is using a +8 Osiris Helm.

Moving on to a loadout of a Fury Set, that means your Fury Helm is +12 Str and 173 str req.

Using the assumption, your loadout applies the +12 str first before actually equipping the Fury Helm, which moves your 169 (8 Osiris) to 173 (12 Fury) which shows the increase of +4. Since 173 is also your requirement for the rest of the gear, everything else just equips and your final str should be 12 more str of 173 which is 185, if I'm not mistaken?

139 is used because it allows green/orange 55 helms to be used, which only gives 10 stat points - which explains why its 139 and not 137 in your case. Pink vs green/orange.

The crown also really helps with dual spec-ing because it:

1. No stat req., how good is that? Booster + Final gear right there.
    2. 14 Stat Points over the 12 from normal pinks.

I tried to make the guide applicable to both normal 55 players (no pinks yet, just oranges/greens/purples) and established 56 players (crown, pinks).

Hope I got stuff right?
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 03-31-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nah, you got it right the first time. I was too quick to jump to (wrong) conclusions there as I noticed you putting on voids and rifts with 139 to get to the 173, but after I read it more carefully that was indeed only to get them on once to save the loadouts.

Like I said, sorry for the noise.