Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deflation Plaguing AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    please. if you wanna see dead, visit any other STG game besides this. The graveyard is over there ---->
    Btw is true game was totally better untill 21 cap... Then im agree with Raw opened 4.5k plats in lockeds and got only legendary gears worth 500 golds wtf this is so crazy... why it would be good have a drop of 2k golds in lockeds? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    What else can i say? OnC.
    League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Player population increasing ??? show me 50 lvl 1-3 players that arent alts or dummy farmers
    Easy to make money??? teach me how to get an 10m in 1 month. farm locks?
    Lol made 2m in 3 days of merching, loving this market atm. And as growing player base I meant more spread of wealth from alts, twinks and also new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Basically we were better off when we were worse cause people STILL platfarm and introduce more mythics/arcanes and energy kits than there should be. Who needs them has no gold to buy cause sts developed the only way to earn serious amounts of gold for already rich top geared players and the already rich top geared players do not need new mythics or arcanes on contrary they are costantly panic selling theirs each time a new event or double odds weekend is announced.
    What else can i say? OnC.
    The solution is to not come out with more arcane or mythic items, but instead come out with some elite legendary gear that is superior to what has previously been released and stays somewhat rare. That is exactly what STS is doing if you have noticed. Look at the Dark Crystal/Imbued gear and the new event Icescale gear which so far has stayed somewhat rare compared to the gear from previous events. Prior to the past few weeks, the only legendary gear that was really good was archon rings. We need items like that available in every slot, not just rings (archon) and weapons (planar/magma). It's just going to take some time for the solution to fix the problem. This problem was created over the period of 18 months, and cannot be corrected instantly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Whoever thinks that market is stabilising is dead wrong what you guys are seeing i that end game has reached its conclusion and all we can get now is some good/bad event content. Sts had the magic just right when they did the sns event, this event was hugely popular and generated massive buzz with most end players involved, you even had groups of players that was funding a single runner and energy was selling for 35/40k. Why was this? Plat spamming? No, it was due to simple fact that lb rewards were well desirable, bah forget desirable they were wanted by everyone. Now sts managed to get some level of gamer participation on Halloween event as was evident by energy prices but sadly this event is total flop, energy is selling lower on event then it does off event which is first.
    This is first time iv seen 2 bonus plat and 40% discount offers in space of month, this is first time iv seen 3 sets of mythics in 1 lvl cap. What does it mean? What does future hold? Will game still be active this time next year?????
    Answers after the break........

"Winter is Coming" :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I feel like plat only vanities and pets used to be a much bigger part of the game in the past. With cap rises more frequent we were constantly getting new plat store items to entice people to spend money without opening locked. I play another f2p mmo where the plat store equivalent is flooded for choice with vanities, unique pets, and multitudes of special boxes bought directly for plat and free to open which contained chances at unique gear. Vanities and vanity weapons banners and effects were tradeable but Soulbind on equip.

Maybe STS could go down this route to encourage people to spend money, thus still making a revenue while putting separate in game mechanisms in place to help us farm/earn gold in the diverse ways listed above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually it is my understanding that during the halloween event, there were more players playing the game than ever before, which is why we had all these connection problems suddenly. Then releasing the planar tombs made it even worse.

It just seems like the number players is declining because many of the players you know from long ago have left. That is typical for these kinds of games, you will always have a natural turnover as people move on. So most of the new players are not end game pros yet, and many who have reached end game are not yet in your class to be able to compete with you. But overall there are more people playing AL now than ever before.
    I'm not saying your wrong about halloween event, Halloween event was a huge success as far as activity (at least it felt that way). But as far as there being more active players who login every day or every other day....... I would have to disagree with your statement.

I have no hard data to support my claim, as i know you also do not, so i suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this matter.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    Lol made 2m in 3 days of merching, loving this market atm. And as growing player base I meant more spread of wealth from alts, twinks and also new players.
    Congratulations, you will need that 2m to buy ankhs for the next week or so of end game content.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually it is my understanding that during the halloween event, there were more players playing the game than ever before, which is why we had all these connection problems suddenly. Then releasing the planar tombs made it even worse.

It just seems like the number players is declining because many of the players you know from long ago have left. That is typical for these kinds of games, you will always have a natural turnover as people move on. So most of the new players are not end game pros yet, and many who have reached end game are not yet in your class to be able to compete with you. But overall there are more people playing AL now than ever before.
    You are right about people downloading the game a lot, but I remember reading an article saying that most players quit after the first 24 hours in an MMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Halloween event was 2 weeks. The year has 52. Misleading to measure activity solely by those said 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think all the ideas are really good. And about the 3rd point...At the beginnings of AL there was a such solution - Shazbot gave such daily reward (the 5-day period) but it has been quickly removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I actually know alot of people that haven't bothered with the lb in past events, but are going for this one because its not as crazy as others have been.

Giving an op pet to the lb was a bad idea and made it pay to win game as well as unhealthy. Now with it being a vanity only people that want to go for it. Not cause they have to.

The economy is righting itself. Like ener said the new gem armor and Icescale sets are still rare and it will take time.

As far as end game content costing ankhs its the players choice to spend ankhs on an area that is stated to be extremely hard. I haven't bothered it cause I don't want to spend for it. Its easier to buy the gear in auction than spend the ankh kits. No point to complaining how hard it is when it states its like that.

The main problem is that locked gear has been the same for too long. With all the events this time of year sts didn't have time for a new level cap. Next year when a new one comes out the market will get better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I actually know alot of people that haven't bothered with the lb in past events, but are going for this one because its not as crazy as others have been.

Giving an op pet to the lb was a bad idea and made it pay to win game as well as unhealthy. Now with it being a vanity only people that want to go for it. Not cause they have to.

The economy is righting itself. Like ener said the new gem armor and Icescale sets are still rare and it will take time.

As far as end game content costing ankhs its the players choice to spend ankhs on an area that is stated to be extremely hard. I haven't bothered it cause I don't want to spend for it. Its easier to buy the gear in auction than spend the ankh kits. No point to complaining how hard it is when it states its like that.

The main problem is that locked gear has been the same for too long. With all the events this time of year sts didn't have time for a new level cap. Next year when a new one comes out the market will get better.
    If you dont buy ankhs and play end game content and you just buy your gear from auction.........
    Then what do you do when you login??? stand around in town showing off the new gear you bought?

Not you specifically, everyone in general, but you see my point
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yes, its good for everyone to share their ideas but most importantly you need to know about economics and also ( because this is a game with gold coins AND platinum which requires real life money) you need to adapt your basic knowledge of economics to this game .

alot of ideas are good but most people are posting great ideas without any knowledge of the positive and negative consequences they could have. Economics is not about facts, its mostly about rationality and how you THINK people behave under different circumstances, you have to know the market of AL pretty well already to be able to predict if most people are going to buy this, farm this or sell that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    If you dont buy ankhs and play end game content and you just buy your gear from auction.........
    Then what do you do when you login??? stand around in town showing off the new gear you bought?

Not you specifically, everyone in general, but you see my point
    I play end game just not bothering with the tombs or arena because I don't want to spend a fortune in ankhs. Like the last arena they will be much easier once a new level cap comes. Regular elites don't waste ankhs like arena or tombs.

I personally always found farming locked more profitable than farming elites anyway. Plus I can do it while at work which I couldnt do with elites.

Basically tho the economy has to fix itself which takes time. By listening to everyone's ideas of how to fix it is how it came to be what it is today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    You are right about people downloading the game a lot, but I remember reading an article saying that most players quit after the first 24 hours in an MMO.
    Yes, that is true for all MMOs. The recent disconnect issues were a direct result of an overload of players playing the game. STS did not change anything, and their servers could not handle all the traffic, so we started having all these disconnects, and now they have had to make some changes.

The traffic on their servers have nothing to do with game downloads as those come from Apple's and Google's app store servers. The traffic on Spacetime's servers have to do with the number of people actually playing the game at any one time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    Halloween event was 2 weeks. The year has 52. Misleading to measure activity solely by those said 2 weeks.
    Halloween was 2 weeks ago? Lol what planet do u live on? As for deflation, i just learned thst this plat sale will be going through january 2. If this is true then this economy will take forever to recover. Prices on many things has already plummeted and its only been 6 days. Imagine what will happen if this plat sale continues for over another week. Sts, plat sales are great and i was stoked to get 1700 plat for $55 when normally $50 gets u 600 plat but at some point enough is enough. The economy will be trashed if this plat sale doesnt come to an end soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Halloween was 2 weeks ago? Lol what planet do u live on? As for deflation, i just learned thst this plat sale will be going through january 2. If this is true then this economy will take forever to recover. Prices on many things has already plummeted and its only been 6 days. Imagine what will happen if this plat sale continues for over another week. Sts, plat sales are great and i was stoked to get 1700 plat for $55 when normally $50 gets u 600 plat but at some point enough is enough. The economy will be trashed if this plat sale doesnt come to an end soon
    He said halloween lasted for 2 weeks, not that was it 2 week before,and I agree with the rest, black friday lasted 5 days, a pretty long 'friday', and this plat sale now for weeks..

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Mate, read a bit more carefully before you comment, alright?

Anyway, I agree with all you say. In my opinion, plat sales and double odds "weekends", so frequent and lasting so long, can only mean one thing - game fails to meet its financial goals. I see no other logical explanation.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    Mate, read a bit more carefully before you comment, alright?

Anyway, I agree with all you say. In my opinion, plat sales and double odds "weekends", so frequent and lasting so long, can only mean one thing - game fails to meet its financial goals. I see no other logical explanation.
    Fail reading my bad, but yah this plat sale needs to end soon. People in my guild, including myself are sitting on piles of plat that we cant spend because the economy has been trashed by sale. end the sale, SOOOONNN