Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lv 55 pinks worst stats then hate set???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default lv 55 pinks worst stats then hate set???

i dont get it, i own the hate set and am lv 55, so far ive seen nothing better in the game then this set. all pinks are less in crit or damage.

i dont need to craft because its all rubish that comes out, why are the prices for the 55 pinks so high? there is no use for them.

Is this gonna change?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I wouldn't say worse than hate set.

Hate is just pretty well-rounded, you get a bit of everything.

Fury is VERY tank oriented, dodge, high armour, and HS, more so than Hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

well ur right but i play pally, so there aint much more left for me to wear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    well ur right but i play pally, so there aint much more left for me to wear
    True.

The 55 int pinks are not bad at all, still quite tanky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LVL 55 purple DEX set > anything else I've seen in terms of DMG output. Severely lacks in the armor department so it isn't the best for trying to fly through a level and survive but it's amazing to switch into when you hit the boss room to lay the smack down. I think the lvl 55 purple set is more appealing than the pink set. For dex anyway haven't even looked at any others.
    LVL50
    Owlcoholik~Bird | Magikskillz~STR/INT Mage | Manabomb DEX/INT Mage | Digitalpimp~Bear
    Playing on Samsung Captivate & Viewsonic Gtablet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    True.

The 55 int pinks are not bad at all, still quite tanky.
    Yeah but if you craft the mega mage pinks you lose all your m/s so its not worth it and the only good crown of persistence so far its the dex one. And if you have the shadow set its better than the mega mage you can get up to 29 h/s and 24 or 25 m/s which is more than you can use. With the set you don't lose any mana spamming all your skills.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Yeah but if you craft the mega mage pinks you lose all your m/s so its not worth it and the only good crown of persistence so far its the dex one. And if you have the shadow set its better than the mega mage you can get up to 29 h/s and 24 or 25 m/s which is more than you can use. With the set you don't lose any mana spamming all your skills.
    Yeah, there's really no point in crafting gear in any of the 3 stats yet. Dex being the most worthwhile, but even then, not worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Yeah, there's really no point in crafting gear in any of the 3 stats yet. Dex being the most worthwhile, but even then, not worth it.
    On dex I was only talking about the crown of persistence. But like you said no point in crafting them. The only way I could see crafting worth something and its not is wearing two crafted and two non-crafted items and this is just a mediocre gear. I still like hate better for a pally and wait to see if the devs have something else on mind.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i guess we have to wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, the tank for sure pink sets aren't worth it imo at the moment, the stats are more tank/dmg sponge based but the trade off from loss of other stats & enourmous money investment doesn't make it worthwhile - there is nothing in game that needs better tank stats than the level 50 stuff, even at 55.

If boss's scaled, or there was a 55 elite dungeon that absolutly needed better survivability then i could agree, then again you loose dps stats and being a tank isn't just about taking dmg its about holding agro too...

As with most MMO's, when new instances come out, the new gear needs to exponentially grow in power to make it worthwhile rather than grow linearly or people will just stick with what they have and itemisation / armor design is wasted.

This is where i feel the 50 to 55 increase went wrong
    Balgra - Str Tank
    Balgreta - Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Balgreta View Post
    I agree, the tank for sure pink sets aren't worth it imo at the moment, the stats are more tank/dmg sponge based but the trade off from loss of other stats & enourmous money investment doesn't make it worthwhile - there is nothing in game that needs better tank stats than the level 50 stuff, even at 55.

If boss's scaled, or there was a 55 elite dungeon that absolutly needed better survivability then i could agree, then again you loose dps stats and being a tank isn't just about taking dmg its about holding agro too...

As with most MMO's, when new instances come out, the new gear needs to exponentially grow in power to make it worthwhile rather than grow linearly or people will just stick with what they have and itemisation / armor design is wasted.

This is where i feel the 50 to 55 increase went wrong
    I agree with that. Gear seems to be about the same or worse than gear 5 levels below. I will stick with hate gear for now like a wise man once said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you sacrifice damage for regen on your int set? I can see where a tank might not want to upgrade to 55 gear because the extra armor and dodge really isn't needed, but birds and mages not upgrading to 55 gear is just plain slacking. Your
    job as a DPS is to do the most damage possible.
    Anejeden - 55 bird
    Turkster - 53 mage
    Turksterr - 43 bear
    Anejedenx - 15 twink mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    So you sacrifice damage for regen on your int set? I can see where a tank might not want to upgrade to 55 gear because the extra armor and dodge really isn't needed, but birds and mages not upgrading to 55 gear is just plain slacking. Your
    job as a DPS is to do the most damage possible.
    The mega mage gives a lot of mana regen in fact it gives more than needed. But if you upgrade it you changet the stats to h/s and then you are left with no m/s. These sets are imo the worst sets made to date. They are not even sets since they don't have a bonus. Unless developers are planning on making real sets like the rift, void and cosmos (best planned sets and very unique) it is not worth the time and money to have the new sets.

And on another note why do enchantress can't use the tank helm like its supposed to and we get to wear a tiara?
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The mega mage gives a lot of mana regen in fact it gives more than needed. But if you upgrade it you changet the stats to h/s and then you are left with no m/s. These sets are imo the worst sets made to date. They are not even sets since they don't have a bonus. Unless developers are planning on making real sets like the rift, void and cosmos (best planned sets and very unique) it is not worth the time and money to have the new sets.

And on another note why do enchantress can't use the tank helm like its supposed to and we get to wear a tiara?
    Agreed on the crafting issue. But lvl 55 purples are relatively inexpensive and put out A LOT more dps than ANY lvl 50 set. That's why I think mages/birds in any lvl 50 gear are just slackers - you're nowhere near what your dps should be.
    Anejeden - 55 bird
    Turkster - 53 mage
    Turksterr - 43 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wouldn't call anyone wearing a premium 50 set and doing their job slacker. Personally I prefer a person that does their job and not worrying about what they are wearing as long as they know their role.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I guess I disagree. Knowing your role and how to play your class is only part of the package (not to mention that in a game with 3 classes and 12 skills per class this is incredibly easy) - gear also matters. With your logic I could wear premium lvl 45 set and still be a good dps as long as I play my class well...

For birds and mages, all lvl 50 gear is outclassed in terms of dps by the lvl 55 purple sets.
    Anejeden - 55 bird
    Turkster - 53 mage
    Turksterr - 43 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
    LVL 55 purple DEX set > anything else I've seen in terms of DMG output. Severely lacks in the armor department so it isn't the best for trying to fly through a level and survive but it's amazing to switch into when you hit the boss room to lay the smack down. I think the lvl 55 purple set is more appealing than the pink set. For dex anyway haven't even looked at any others.
    The purple 55 dex set actually has higher armor than most other bow sets....I had one setup with a ring where there was 316 DPS and 96 armor...but everything else was horrible.

One thing you have to realize is that the purple dex set has terrible crit, and I can tell you having a high crit setup does just as much or more overall damage than a higher DPS one with lousy crit. It is sweet to see almost half of your hits result in crit when Focus is activated.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 02-18-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    Agreed on the crafting issue. But lvl 55 purples are relatively inexpensive and put out A LOT more dps than ANY lvl 50 set. That's why I think mages/birds in any lvl 50 gear are just slackers - you're nowhere near what your dps should be.
    Purple dex set has terrible crit and dodge. Don't think that DPS is the ultimate stat. Crit is just as important as DPS as far as overall damage output. I have been testing a high crit setup that is partially Sentinel gear and it just vaporizes enemies.

Not to mention the purple dex set (which I have as well, and it IS fun to switch to here and there) has terrible dodge and regen as well.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Agree there. The gear they released sort of took a step down as compared to it's Ao3 counterpart. I had a bit of a higher standard after seeing how good the rift/cosmos/void sets were in ao3.

I wouldn't mind if the current pinks were the void/cosmos/rift types, and the current purples become the lower tier pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Give the devs time! They always correct their mistakes, unless these.. horrible stats are maybe.. ON PURPOSE?!?!
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel