Thread: Is pvp and class balance going out of control?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Is pvp and class balance going out of control?

Hi there fellas, I started a class journey as a pvp mage from level 3 and now I'm 23. But within this short period of few months time I did noticed so many surprising issues related to pvp/class balance and can't keep it within myself.

- spamming at pvp:
    Spamming button self is a little crazy but using 3rd party application for spams is just beyond crazyness. Especially chrome users gets dc but won't change a thing for them to be back at same map through new tab instantly. Whereas android and ios users need to wait for animation completion. Is Sts aware of such things or no?
    Note: spam is directly related to pvp in terms of swap, block which is a major issue of pvp destruction. And using 3rd party tap software is against terms and conditions.

- class balance at pvp low levels
    now this actually made my jaws open when I saw a level 12 warrior running with 800 around armour. Common Sts 800 armor at such low level seriously? As far as my memory serves me right at level 21 1k armor were op during those days. Such a big level difference but nearly same armour is just insane. Meanwhile mage are running with 400 armour around with just a handful of health. Lol too squeezy. All the class has some heal overtime benefits from their healing skills except mage class. Please consider mages a bit too. We not aliens r we? Ha ha ha
    Sts need to Limit the armor at such low levels. At level 6/7 warriors r son of zeus or what? They freezing don't die at all. Those goblin ring, abbadon, and armor sets. Ugh, Sts even those low levels now running at 600 around armor with nearly 2k hp.

- 5 skill set
    Some class like we blue smurfs don't even have points to open proper skills meanwhile other class enjoys full 5 skill set. Let's take an example of a warrior level 7. If he opens juggernaut, vengeance with 50 strength, horn and 2 attack skill clearly he won't die so easy. And with those 600 around armour at such levels, no way they ever die even on 3v1. And clearly I've noticed so many warriors below level 12 just because of their opness.

Sts need to LOCK 5 SKILL SET AT LOW LEVELS BELOW 21. Let all class enjoy the balanced 4 skill like old times.

- para gem (damage gems)
    It has completely changed the pvp scenario and now even twink is pure pay to win. Damage damage damage and now crit gems. Pvp has been damaged by those damage gems. Good job Sts. Fair play.

# let's keep our opinions constructive and positive.

Thanks,
    David ramiro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to davidvilla For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree that STS has an issue with twink PvP that must be addressed....

In an attempt to keep twink players interested in the game, they have continued to release new and better twink gear with every new event. Sometimes it's a new amulet (Tarlok), or ring (Winter Star), or armor/helm set (Ancient Druid last summer, now Icescale), and sometimes weapons from locked crates (Expedition Rifle most recently).

Also the new gems (Para & Eye of Syrrilax) have stats which do not scale and are the same for every level (the 5.5 + 2 damage of the para gem, and the initial 1.16 crit of the eye gem).

The results of all of this has resulted in some seriously OP twinks. My level 10 twink has WAY BETTER stats than my level 16 did back in season 1. I recently soloed my way through all the Dead City Maps (and bosses) with my level 10 without dying one time. Considering Dead City is supposed to be for level 16-21, that should not be possible with a solo level 10 Sorcerer. And don't even get me started on the event. I can solo all the bosses faster than a full pro end game party can. I can take down Syrillax in about a minute by myself, and I can kill the first 2 bosses with 4-5 hits in less than 10 seconds.

Unfortunately, too many players (including myself) have already spent a ton of money on this new gear and new gems, so you cannot nerf them without making many players very angry. However, I think going forward this has to end. There is enough gear out there at this point that is already OP. If they continue this pattern of releasing more and more OP gear, then this is going to continue to get worse.

What I think they need to do is to make the scaling of PvE a bit more steep in these events. I realize they cannot do that for the regular dungeons as new players who just started playing are going to have beginner gear and won't be able to get started otherwise. But perhaps these events should serve the same function for twinks that elite dungeons serve for end gamers. To participate in the event, you really should have to have some decent gear, or else you will be killed. Because the way it is now, it's just far too easy at twink levels if you got max gear.

I laugh when Klaas gives my level 10 ankhs. I've never used one, nor will this toon ever die. I could go take a bathroom break during a boss fight and when I come back I would probably still be alive. My end game sorcerer, with Imbued crystal armor, losses 80-90% of his health with a full frost hit from Syrillax. My level 10 loses about 5-6% on the same hit.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-26-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yea and now these new Icescale set and the ring. Ughhh. Sts is mistaken. Soon it will be tanks with 1000 armour at level 11 NOT at 21. Ha ha ha
    Who knows they gonna release another pet with 250 armor and insane stats?
    They got to limit the freeking armor and those 5 skill set. While I was 11 it was so hard to kill tanks of vn VIPs. They usually run with tank pets and shield. And my damage on them was like 50/80 rofl. And I feel like wtf. And even Sometimes I got confused like r those stats of mine for real or just fake? Cuz freeking tanks don't die at all. I nearly broke my device. Ha ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Yeah they have been releasing a lot of new gear and para gems do have a huge effect in twink levels. But a lot of people have put their para gems in outdated sets from past events. Unless they saved them for the new Icescale sets it's no longer on the best gear.

If you check the traders market you can see all the people who put their para gems in Druid equip which is now inferior to Icescale because of the full set bonus. They are all trying to sell it now as the best gear when it's not anymore.

If they do keep releasing new gear then the para gem equip will slowly phase out as it will be on inferior equip. Fewer and fewer unused ones are left and soon there won't be anymore. Best thing to hope for is more new gear gets released that's better than current ones if you want to phase out the para gems. Already the Druid and necro sets with para gems are being replaced.

As far as goblin rings only 3 people on forums have them on level 10 or below characters so they aren't effecting pvp that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Everything under lvl20 is a mess tbh, Tanks dominate everything there. You dont gonna see rogues/mages with kdr like 2k 200 deaths only tanks gonna have those.
    And its not Always the gear but its the gems also..

The gems made a big mess imo; Imagine if EACH gem was CLASS RESTRICTED i am speakin for every lvl Twink and endgame

example:

Rogue mana/dex gem
    Mage armor/int gem
    Tank crit/str gem

And dmg used for all 3 classes

Then we have some balance in the game. But for that its already to late.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

make everyone and everything op...that way all will be happy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

First of all sts need to lower down the armor a bit for tanks below 21. Cuz they r seriously op now.

Second of all, they got to restrict 5 skill set below 21 as well. I've seen many tanks casting horn and then swapping skill set to juggernaut. Meanwhile we Mage class and rogues don't even have time to do so.

Third of all, they need to limit the armour used. For e.g armour gear and pet armor bonus not stacking together.

All I want is devs team to make this test on a level 10/11 warrior. And witness the power they hold staying alive at such levels. Where they won't die even on 2v1 or 3v1 for ages.

After that they can out level 7 to fix out why tanks been called son of Zeus ( ha ha ha). They freeking don't die even on 4v1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    First of all sts need to lower down the armor a bit for tanks below 21. Cuz they r seriously op now.

Second of all, they got to restrict 5 skill set below 21 as well. I've seen many tanks casting horn and then swapping skill set to juggernaut. Meanwhile we Mage class and rogues don't even have time to do so.

Third of all, they need to limit the armour used. For e.g armour gear and pet armor bonus not stacking together.

All I want is devs team to make this test on a level 10/11 warrior. And witness the power they hold staying alive at such levels. Where they won't die even on 2v1 or 3v1 for ages.

After that they can out level 7 to fix out why tanks been called son of Zeus ( ha ha ha). They freeking don't die even on 4v1
    How about no?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    How about no?
    Why about no? Cuz u r a tank that's why? *cough cough* (signature)

There has to be justice for all class. Basically at this period of time warrior class is like an emperor and the rest class r like side kicks at twinks.

Imagine urslf 3 warriors trying to kill another tank who is running with tank pet, armour based gear and 3 healing skills for about 30 minutes. How fair and boring is that for ur own warrior class? What about the rest class like us mages? Handful of hp which can be snatched away so easy, and the lowest armour among all class. This ain't how a game supposed to be.

Remember season 2/3: level 21 used to have 1000 armour and now levels below 15 might have chance to enjoy that huge armor.
    Result: domination at pvp which is clearly seen throughout low levels.
    Last edited by davidvilla; 12-27-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Why about no? Cuz u r a tank that's why? *cough cough* (signature)

There has to be justice for all class. Basically at this period of time warrior class is like an emperor and the rest class r like side kicks at twinks.

Imagine urslf 3 warriors trying to kill another tank who is running with tank pet, armour based gear and 3 healing skills for about 30 minutes. How fair and boring is that for ur own warrior class? What about the rest class like us mages? Handful of hp which can be snatched away so easy, and the lowest armour among all class. This ain't how a game supposed to be.

Remember season 2/3: level 21 used to have 1000 armour and now levels below 15 might have chance to enjoy that huge armor.
    Result: domination at pvp which is clearly seen throughout low levels.
    Lol go as a tank at 15 enough op rogues there, I also happen to be a mage just because I have a warrior in my sig doesn't mean I only am a warrior rofl it's just that he looks cool...