Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pay too win.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Pay too win.

This isn't meant to offend anyone. So try not to look at like that. Let's face it AL has become a pay to win game. If you don't have the mythic and arcane gear no one will run with you when it comes to end game content. The gap between rich and poor is so expansive that it's ridiculous not mention that it's not fun too play anymore. I had to beg I mean literally beg people that have the tip top gear in the game to get help. All my gear is legendary but, after having to beg people that have the best gear in the game I just simply said it's not worth it. The top players are so snobbish that if you speak to them they are so high on horse that they don't even speak back. Kind of reminds me in real life that if you don't have a certain status or income bracket then they don't want anything to do with you. And this is a game and I read where people say they help people all the time and I've asked some of you gamers who post these comments and no answer so it's just all lies. I may just leave the AL community and play something different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    This isn't meant to offend anyone. So try not to look at like that. Let's face it AL has become a pay to win game. If you don't have the mythic and arcane gear no one will run with you when it comes to end game content. The gap between rich and poor is so expansive that it's ridiculous not mention that it's not fun too play anymore. I had to beg I mean literally beg people that have the tip top gear in the game to get help. All my gear is legendary but, after having to beg people that have the best gear in the game I just simply said it's not worth it. The top players are so snobbish that if you speak to them they are so high on horse that they don't even speak back. Kind of reminds me in real life that if you don't have a certain status or income bracket then they don't want anything to do with you. And this is a game and I read where people say they help people all the time and I've asked some of you gamers who post these comments and no answer so it's just all lies. I may just leave the AL community and play something different.
    A couple of comments:

1) Yes, you do need to purchase a little bit of plat to be successful in this game. However, you don't need to be some big plat whale to get really good gear, it just takes some time and effort. If you are unable to spend any money on this game, then you wouldn't even have a device to play the game on. Back when I was a kid there was no such thing as a free game. You had to go to the store and buy your games, and they all cost money. So this is not some big crime that a game cost money. The company who makes it is not a charity, they have employees that have to get paid, etc.

2) Many people don't realize this, but when you are a leaderboard player and you stand in town with nice gear, you get about one private message every few seconds, and it can be hard to keep up with it all, especially if you are busy doing something like trying to list an item in the auction. So many times I do not reply to people I don't know. I'm not intending to be rude, but it's no fun to sit in town for hours answering people's questions. I like to actually play the game too.

3) There is a difference between asking for help, and asking someone to do it for you. Most of the players who have asked me for help in the past month have asked for help completing planar tombs. Unfortunately, they don't have the gear to do dungeons that hard, so they end up dying and I fight the boss by myself since they have no ankhs and then when they walk back to the boss after dying, they drag the mobs with them and I die too. Some dungeons in this game are too hard for those with weak gear. Asking someone who has better gear for help is not going to help you finish the dungeon, it's just going to get the other player killed. Every time I have tried to help someone with lower gear finish planar tombs, the result has been many deaths added to my stats and we still can't manage to beat the boss. There is an order to things. If you do not have good enough gear to finish the hardest dungeons, then maybe you need to do the easier ones until you save up enough gold to get better gear.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-20-2014 at 08:41 PM.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of comments:

1) Yes, you do need to purchase a little bit of plat to be successful in this game. However, you don't need to be some big plat whale to get really good gear, it just takes some time and effort. If you are unable to spend any money on this game, then you wouldn't even have a device to play the game on. Back when I was a kid there was no such thing as a free game. You had to go to the store and buy your games, and they all cost money. So this is not some big crime that a game cost money. The company who makes it is not a charity, they have employees that have to get paid, etc.

2) Many people don't realize this, but when you are a leaderboard player and you stand in town with nice gear, you get about one private message every few seconds, and it can be hard to keep up with it all, especially if you are busy doing something like trying to list an item in the auction. So many times I do not reply to people I don't know. I'm not intending to be rude, but it's no fun to sit in town for hours answering people's questions. I like to actually play the game too.

3) There is a difference between asking for help, and asking someone to do it for you. Most of the players who have asked me for help in the past month have asked for help completing planar tombs. Unfortunately, they don't have the gear to do dungeons that hard, so they end up dying and I fight the boss by myself since they have no ankhs and then when they walk back to the boss after dying, they drag the mobs with them and I die too. Some dungeons in this game are too hard for those with weak gear. Asking someone who has better gear for help is not going to help you finish the dungeon, it's just going to get the other player killed. Every time I have tried to help someone with lower gear finish planar tombs, the result has been many deaths added to my stats and we still can't manage to beat the boss. There is an order to things. If you do not have good enough gear to finish the hardest dungeons, then maybe you need to do the easier ones until you save up enough gold to get better gear.
    There are many games that pay their employees fine, and their games don't depend buying in game currency with money.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

A couple of comments:

I missed responding to you. I'm from that Era where you had to play the game without in game purchases. Let's just say I go back far as Sega master system. I buy ankhs and again I hold my own. I know that STS isn't a charity. They have to pay there employees and keep the lights on. It's just again that the top players act as if they never had to have help. I'm not a crate popper never will be one. I'm a old school player where you earned everything you got. Oh and by the way I've completed the tombs with legendary gear and I don't like farming death either. You must be one of the snobbish players also so this a typical response from one of those type of players. I'm neither amazed nor surprised at this.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 12-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

A couple of comments:

number 3 is usually the problem. The elite maps weren't meant for those that can handle it. There are plenty of other maps people can run but they choose the hardest maps, die, and complain.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    number 3 is usually the problem. The elite maps weren't meant for those that can handle it. There are plenty of other maps people can run but they choose the hardest maps, die, and complain.
    I've ran into number 3 the most Cookiez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think you are reading too much into it. Think about it from the reverse perspective. Everyone is trying to advance in the game somehow, either by running content for loot drops, or gaining xp, or running events, etc. People are going to group with others that further their goals the fastest. People have limited time to play, so they want to maximize their playtime as much as possible. If you are in a guild, maybe you can get someone to help you; at least the good guilds will help you. Guilds are trying to improve themselves, and their members so it's in their interest to do so. A lot of people ask higher level characters for help not realizing that they would actually make content harder, not to mention ruin the experience of doing something for oneself. There is content for every level in this game. Just because someone doesn't want to group with you doesn't mean it's rich vs. poor.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viziam For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viziam View Post
    I think you are reading too much into it. Think about it from the reverse perspective. Everyone is trying to advance in the game somehow, either by running content for loot drops, or gaining xp, or running events, etc. People are going to group with others that further their goals the fastest. People have limited time to play, so they want to maximize their playtime as much as possible. If you are in a guild, maybe you can get someone to help you; at least the good guilds will help you. Guilds are trying to improve themselves, and their members so it's in their interest to do so. A lot of people ask higher level characters for help not realizing that they would actually make content harder, not to mention ruin the experience of doing something for oneself. There is content for every level in this game. Just because someone doesn't want to group with you doesn't mean it's rich vs. poor.
    Let's be honest with ourselves here. It's plain and obvious that it's an expansive between the rich and poor. I run elites looking for good loot to sell. I've completed the planar tombs on more than one occasion. The items that are dropped don't cover the price of pots and ankhs. I don't have a ton of gold to keep running these events with nothing to show for my time and effort.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

In response to this. I work my tail off and I grind also like the next person but I like to see improvement in my character. I'm not the type who sits around and pops crates all day. I don't have the extra money for it dude. And please don't feel as if I'm attacking you. I'm just giving you my view. I don't mind if we agree to disagree. Cause your right about if your standing in town and a random person ask for you to help them. I go through it too and I help from time to time I put myself aside and help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

In a way i disagree..
    Much of the est gear can be obtained by simply running dungeons for items to sell and then you can buy these items form auction.
    Overall a mage set mythic excluding elo gun costs about 2.6m at this time (prob less). During this event you can easily gain that much money form farming locks, but i might get boring.
    Now planar tombs is different.
    ring means arcane ring btw
    I completed the first tomb with legendary gear, a capped mage(no ring), a maul capped war(no ring), and a mythic gear rogue(no mythic wep or ring)
    Now this was before event time but they willingly accepted me into there party. (my mage had about 516dmg using dova).

Running for leaderboards or being op in pvp is another matter, but still good gear attainable for players that never open locks.

I dont know if you know baska, but he has never spent a penny on this game but he can buy pretty much anything he would like in this game. (check his traders market thread and go through the first page)

Basically, the game is definetly harder for someone who doesnt open locks, but it is still manageable to get good gear.
    Also if you think about it if you completed every dungeon (excluding elites) you technically beat the game because the story is finished. (for now at least)

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

its the same crap since the end of 21 cap. The only 2 rarities worth much is arcane and mythic. People only get legendaires for the main obvious reasons. Plenty of us have beed complain bout currency and sts released elixes for gold,that helped alot till lockeds became the price of crap pinks. Bottom line is als ecomny will never be evened out. On top of stuck up paris hiltons with their arcane chiuauas. Reason some us old timers pvpin in pl....heck even the trash talk is on the jokin side
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 12-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Tbh, if you are not in the majority of the players that beg then chances are you're a bit snobbish too. We all are. You can't deny the fact that after getting constant PMs from players who beg, you'll stop responding to them altogether. You can try and become the most humble player out there, but like you said, it's just a game. You can keep replying to them each time saying "Sorry, I don't give out gold" etc. EVERY time they ask you, but you're just making it harder on yourself. I realized that in this game, people like to be surrounded with others who have the same goals. For example, some of the top geared players like to farm nubs (including me) in PvP simply because they have the power to do that. Most of them probably bought platinum which is good for them, but the rest of us that need to hustle (just like irl) in order to get our items are left out from what they can experience. This game is exactly the same irl. It's just a virtual projection. If you wanna play the game then either you FIND a way to prosper or convert to buying platinum. Although you can just quit it altogether. You got 3 choices right there buddy, which one will you choose?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stelo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    Tbh, if you are not in the majority of the players that beg then chances are you're a bit snobbish too. We all are. You can't deny the fact that after getting constant PMs from players who beg, you'll stop responding to them altogether. You can try and become the most humble player out there, but like you said, it's just a game. You can keep replying to them each time saying "Sorry, I don't give out gold" etc. EVERY time they ask you, but you're just making it harder on yourself. I realized that in this game, people like to be surrounded with others who have the same goals. For example, some of the top geared players like to farm nubs (including me) in PvP simply because they have the power to do that. Most of them probably bought platinum which is good for them, but the rest of us that need to hustle (just like irl) in order to get our items are left out from what they can experience. This game is exactly the same irl. It's just a virtual projection. If you wanna play the game then either you FIND a way to prosper or convert to buying platinum. Although you can just quit it altogether. You got 3 choices right there buddy, which one will you choose?
    Ive already quit;....at least pl pvp there isnt 5vs5 isnt 10 people in same gear
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurikaz View Post
    try Pocket Legends
    U can achieve the best Gear and Cap without using any Plat!
    U arent in a disadvantage without Plat either.
    Thanks I will give it a shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Of course you're going to get snobbish responses if you are "begging, literally begging". 99.9% of the time soneone who begs for help with a run will spend that whole run begging for gold, pets, gear and anything else they can think of. It's awful.

Basic mythics don't require platinum to get, and a set is about 1.5mill depending on your class. You can easily make that in 2-3 weeks of farming. If you have a decent amount of skill and a good attitude, people will overlook a lack of extra bling. I run with a number of legendary players with perfectly acceptable stats. Get some decent stats and find an end-game elite guild to join. Even Pheonix's requirements are designed so that they can be met by a player with elite legendary gear, and we have some of the strictest requirements in the game.

However, If you go to them begging, you're going to get a poor response. I had one guy ask me to help him in Shuyal yesterday, and I was going to, until at the end of his request he says PLSSSSSSSSSS. That got him an auto-rejection. No tolerance for beggers. If they beg for help they always want more. Have some pride in yourself and show maturity and people will be much more receptive.
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Of course you're going to get snobbish responses if you are "begging, literally begging". 99.9% of the time soneone who begs for help with a run will spend that whole run begging for gold, pets, gear and anything else they can think of. It's awful.

Basic mythics don't require platinum to get, and a set is about 1.5mill depending on your class. You can easily make that in 2-3 weeks of farming. If you have a decent amount of skill and a good attitude, people will overlook a lack of extra bling. I run with a number of legendary players with perfectly acceptable stats. Get some decent stats and find an end-game elite guild to join. Even Pheonix's requirements are designed so that they can be met by a player with elite legendary gear, and we have some of the strictest requirements in the game.

However, If you go to them begging, you're going to get a poor response. I had one guy ask me to help him in Shuyal yesterday, and I was going to, until at the end of his request he says PLSSSSSSSSSS. That got him an auto-rejection. No tolerance for beggers. If they beg for help they always want more. Have some pride in yourself and show maturity and people will be much more receptive.
    First things first let's get something straight. One I don't mind asking people for help if I need it. And I don't ask them for gold, gear, pets, regardless and I have decent stats and I hold my own. It's the fact that the players who have made to the top 'per se' act like they haven't asked for help before. That's the type of attitude that kills me with the players who have so called made it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

First things first let's get something straight. One I don't mind asking people for help if I need it. And I don't ask them for gold, gear, pets, regardless and I have decent stats and I hold my own. It's the fact that the players who have made to the top 'per se' act like they haven't asked for help before. That's the type of attitude that kills me with the players who have so called made it.
    Asking and begging are two different things. If you've been at end game with good gear and pets, you would know the experience is that 99% of people who beg for help, beg for gold, pets, gear etc as well. I did NOT say that this applied to you, but that people would have no way of knowing you were in the 1%. I was merely showing that a different approach would work better. However, you really need to join a guild to get the kind of thing you are looking for. You won't get it from random rich people standing around town.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Asking and begging are two different things. If you've been at end game with good gear and pets, you would know the experience is that 99% of people who beg for help, beg for gold, pets, gear etc as well. I did NOT say that this applied to you, but that people would have no way of knowing you were in the 1%. I was merely showing that a different approach would work better. However, you really need to join a guild to get the kind of thing you are looking for. You won't get it from random rich people standing around town.
    While I agree with one thing here. I have dealt with the experience of having people beg for gold, pets, gear, etc. The top % 1 just say screw everyone else we have made it. Now I understand that is impossible for them to help everyone out but at least don't sit there like a bump on a log and forget that they weren't in that spot before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

While I agree with one thing here. I have dealt with the experience of having people beg for gold, pets, gear, etc. The top % 1 just say screw everyone else we have made it. Now I understand that is impossible for them to help everyone out but at least don't sit there like a bump on a log and forget that they weren't in that spot before.
    I'm not in the top 1% but I don't believe this is true. Sure, it probably is for some of them, but definitely not all. Just last week I was with Twixc farming for essences, and every run he invited random people from the tomb lobby to join, so they could share xp from us to level up faster. That's not something someone does if they are the kind of jaded jerk that is portrayed here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Not even 1.5mil, during 2X events and such a set can easily drop below that by a few hundred thousand!