Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why PvP is Dead - And How We Can Fix It

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

The point of an MMO is a lot of PvE with some PvP. Why is PvP such a problem in this game? Everyone is always immaturely arguing. I thought this was gone after I stopped seeing flaming threads, but now it has resurfaced. Karma can do whatever they want, you can't tell a guild to change their rules. If they are the best, so what? Twinking is better for you if you are complaining about endgame PvP. All people do is complain these days. Just go and play the game. Karma shouldn't be criticized for winning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    The point of an MMO is a lot of PvE with some PvP. Why is PvP such a problem in this game? Everyone is always immaturely arguing. I thought this was gone after I stopped seeing flaming threads, but now it has resurfaced. Karma can do whatever they want, you can't tell a guild to change their rules. If they are the best, so what? Twinking is better for you if you are complaining about endgame PvP. All people do is complain these days. Just go and play the game. Karma shouldn't be criticized for winning.
    Well, karma has changed their rules. Prevention of dummy farmer and other rules. If those rules are violated..then the result is a warning or most likely to be an insta kick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Hi im karma rogue lets play a lil huhu.

* pew pew pew * gg

With the way damage is going, it only takes 1 *pew* now. Lol!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    With the way damage is going, it only takes 1 *pew* now. Lol!
    I was taking on the whole team duuuh hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

wait is it not physically possible to attack guild members? Like it wont let you target them? Or you mean a rule made by players?
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    wait is it not physically possible to attack guild members? Like it wont let you target them? Or you mean a rule made by players?
    We usually dont kill guild members unless its a guild v guild clash.we are a big family! Its frowned upon to kill your fam hehe.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    In my guild, we join opposite all the time. It's really fun to play against friends / guild mates and I wish other guilds would try it more often. We obviously don't gang guild mates and it's just a friendly match.
    +11111111. Some of the most fun clashes I've played are against friends? Why? Because having friends against you helps keep things friendly and free of drama.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I never go to pvp because many gang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I'll fight anyone in PVP. Don't care about my K/D and usually won't quit unless I'm the last one left. I find the great players inspiring and have a lot of respect for them. I also join solo most of the time. It's a good feeling when you get invited to play WITH some of these guys/gals after you try your best and hold your own. I just started playing game in October I think and of course started playing PVP at endgame. You gotta get stomped to get better IMO. Some of the elite Karma members smash me and some others are just like everyone else. I've also found that a lot of Karma members are very helpful when asked serious questions about game mechanics and other things. Karma should stay the same, it's up to the rest of us to smash back. At least thats what I think. Seems like a lot of people want an easy match that they can win. Give me a challenge over an easy match any day. That's just the kind of dude I am though. Good day peeps! :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Pheonix and DM are two guilds that have never implemented the "no killing guildies" rule, and funny enough, they are 2 of the lowest drama guilds around. Food for thought.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Pheonix and DM are two guilds that have never implemented the "no killing guildies" rule, and funny enough, they are 2 of the lowest drama guilds around. Food for thought.
    Yes, but coordination and teamwork shows more in guilds that have the no killing guildie rule. Personally, I used to be against it but now I can see that it makes the guild stronger when it comes to activities like tournaments.

One can always implement a no killing guildie rule and then implement friendly clashes within guild to learn. My personal opinion, but I value teamwork and synergy. If some drama comes at that expense, so be it. It's well worth it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

there is only one rule in pvp
    "GET BETTER OR GET BEATEN"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I did noticed that sometimes when I join ctf I have to wait like 10 minutes for it
    to open and that just plain boring.(Also a tip for you people that is not really good at pvp when you see a karma person that doesnt like you gtfo) thats usually what I do, I try to make friends with them but its hard they hardly know me and I have to survive pvp with and exped rifle(getting better at it though thanks to instanthumor)also when I call my guildies for back-up sometimes they're too busy on event so im left with weak teammates agaisnt gangers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Phoenix has like 300 people...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Why do guildmates with these silly no-killing guildmates rules almost always join opposite sides at the beginning then? If you're not going to attack the opposite color then get out. Gang me all you want. Just don't take a spot as I'm trying to call for backup.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    I'll fight anyone in PVP. Don't care about my K/D and usually won't quit unless I'm the last one left. I find the great players inspiring and have a lot of respect for them. I also join solo most of the time. It's a good feeling when you get invited to play WITH some of these guys/gals after you try your best and hold your own. I just started playing game in October I think and of course started playing PVP at endgame. You gotta get stomped to get better IMO. Some of the elite Karma members smash me and some others are just like everyone else. I've also found that a lot of Karma members are very helpful when asked serious questions about game mechanics and other things. Karma should stay the same, it's up to the rest of us to smash back. At least thats what I think. Seems like a lot of people want an easy match that they can win. Give me a challenge over an easy match any day. That's just the kind of dude I am though. Good day peeps! :-)
    Agree
    Honestly I thought all karma memebers are elite so I was scared of them and it turns out not all are elite I can beat some members if they dont have mythic weapons.So the ones that are actually ruining the game (for me that is) are the gangers.Mostly tanks(not saying all tanks are gangers) because im a mage.So when I challenged them to 1v1 they dont accept but some do but when I beat them in 1v1 they just come back to gang with their tank friends.I can actually beat a tank thats not that op heck I even beat a tank with bulwark and i use exped.Im pretty suprised myself since im a mage and tanks are known for squishing us.
    So what im saying is Karma is not to blame the gangers are.
    Last edited by Deathlyreaper; 12-31-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Why do guildmates with these silly no-killing guildmates rules almost always join opposite sides at the beginning then? If you're not going to attack the opposite color then get out. Gang me all you want. Just don't take a spot as I'm trying to call for backup.

I can't tell you how many times I have to say this in guild chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I have to say this in guild chat.
    Lol but do they ever listen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

That pew pew pew is so familiar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Disband the guild, problem solved.

More micro groups will be created, power will be redistributed and noobs won't think they are pro and have rights to do things they shouldn't cause they got a title spelled K-A-R-M-A.
    I am still laughing at the "gang and you will be kicked independently from current position" guild rule. Its my daily joke.