Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why PvP is Dead - And How We Can Fix It

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've heard so many raging complaints about how pvp is right now where fully geared group is taking the advantage. while others turn out
    to be food and get farmed. I dont pvp but how they described it made me think of a suggestion. This may not be agreeable to all but
    maybe effective in someways like armor points, hp, dmg etc. Balancing these factors may result to even a fair game..... meaning.....

RANDOM PVP

1. When you join into a pvp room, you'll be randomly put into a room where the player stats' points including pets are measured
    inside that room. In other words, you'll be entered in a room with most likely be fair in stats to all other classes. I am not good
    at calculating stats and compare it to other classes but i'm looking at, let say these brackets (again, this is just an example)

EX: Mage with approx 900 armor, 500 dmg points, 1000 hp CANT enter into a pvp room with rogues and warrs having outrageous stats
    points (the ringers), much higher stats i should say. The idea is to separate the fully geared to medium built player. He will be
    fairly distributed in a room based on stats. Its up to STS on how they will calculate it.

2. One who joins pvp CANT select either BLUE or RED. This applies to PVP with random entry. CHAT is off so you CANT say your name
    and guild. When you are in the room, your IGN and your guildname will NOT be visible. So the idea is to attack who ever you see or
    meet along the way. This will also avoid of being farmed. Noone knows everyone in the room. So you flag, kill or die with no guilt
    at all. I prefer to have a vanity which player can auto wear in pvp room like all black. Auto-wear means a pvp designed vanity which
    is worn automatically when you stepped into the room, Vanity that is the same for all, just to cover your identity and not to get
    recognized because of your vanity combination and banner which you usually wear. Who know's you are killing a friend but that's not
    the point. The point is you have a fair fight.

3. When you die in the game, you will then be respawned to the other pvp room. The idea here is to send you to a different room or
    maybe back to the previous room, whatever is available. The distribution of players are random to team blue and team red. So you
    may get a chance to meet full mages or warrs for team A or mixed. Again, stats on this room is measured/calculated, not by group but
    by player. The game also starts when there are 3 players in each team.

4. Fully geared/maxed player vs Fully geared/maxed player AND medium built vs medium built

PVP per GUILD distribution

1. If you choose to flag or fight with your guildies, they should choose the option let says "GUILD PVP" in the arlor map so you can
    join them. NOTE that you CANT join someone who chose the "RANDOM PVP" as you most likely be placed in a random map and you will not
    know each other. There should be a distinct color in this player in your friends' list, prolly an icon indicating this is in random
    or guild pvp

2. If your guild chose BLUE then guildmates can only join BLUE. RED will be reserved to other GUILD. This is also for guild clashes
    and avoid blocking on each other's spot. you can change pet, skills, chat with your team or to the opponent, etc. This option also
    allows you also to call for sub. NOTE: If your guild has only limited amount of pvp type players then choose the RANDOM PVP.

3. [SUB]- You can also call for a help from a friend in other guild but only through invite. This PVP room should have the ability
    to invite someone from other guiild for help. Your friend accepts the inv then join the game.

AGAIN!!!!!!!, this is just my suggestion. I dont stand as if I am a PRO.... BUT this is to speak up from the one's that have been in pain due to
    the current pvp-way. You can feel free to add or edit which you think might benefit all pvp'ers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

pvp is dead because the gear is outrageously expensive. I was active in end game pvp until the new mythic bow came out that gave 70 more damage than the next best legendary bow. When a piece of gear is that much better you're basically making it a requirement to have it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Personally I don't pvp because I don't have all the appropriate gear and because I read all the various complaints about ganging and karma. Too me I think it's quite simple and I can be very wrong here. But it's some other very good guilds out there also. If karma is the standard which it seems to be. They obviously take pride in pvp and it shows. If you want to be competitive as they are then other guilds should take the time to train and become as good as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Tharo
    You are missing the main point here. These so caled "pro" players dont want to fight with equals. Then, their gear is not of value because it is not overpowered.
    There were threads with similar suggestions and this is conclusion. If you want I can search them and post links. But anyhow, that was conclusion.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Or you could just avoid the End-Game drama entirely. If you want PvP, make a twink. End-game PvP is filled with self-centered egos and trashtalk - just like American politics.

My advice would be to keep Endgame for PvE, and make a twink for PvP. Everything's cheaper and you arent getting trolled by an ego-bloated rogue bragging about their arcane ring.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Geeez too much drama

Kill everyone you see so people will hunt you and that will be fun

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History