Thread: Bettering your Beckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Bettering your Beckon

I'm a 66 Mage at heart, but I have a level 30 warrior I like to tinker with. My question is, how do I make Beckon work to it's fullest? I know more points in it does more damage but does it make the pull better as well? I've heard many things like it's strength that makes it better or it gets better with leveling. I've checked out my favorite tank's stats and it's just not making sense to me. I have great DPS and I'm built great otherwise. I just want to pull like a monster. LOL Any help appreciated. Iataur 30 war, Iehaenis 66 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Effectivity of beckon increases with more points in that skill. As far as I know, effectivety (not dmg) of beckon doesn't increase with more points in str.

The thing that influences your beckon most IMO, is hit%. Hit% also count for your spells (like beckon), so basically a higher hit% gives you more chance to actually pull mobs close to you. So, instead of STR, more points in Dex would make your beckon more effective, because it increases your hit %.

At least that's how I always understood it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Best way to use beckon is to get between the monsters and a wall, then use beckon and wait until all of the monsters are between you and the wall, then stomp. They will all be slammed against the wall, and then your party can go to work on them. This is the best way a bear can set things up for their party to take down a mob. I can't stand when I'm playing and other bears scatter the monsters all over the room. It's annoying and just causes everyone, including that bear sometimes, to get killed. When I see that happen, I just back off and wait for things to settle.