Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is the Reserved Name System Breaking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    They paid for it. If I paid for an iPad and I don't use it, should someone else take it?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O Reaper View Post
    Can we have the reserve name button back?

I think it would be a good idea!
    They only did this before the release of a Legends game.
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 01-01-2015 at 10:03 PM.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

It was probably a bug that used reserved names couln't be used by others before.
    Reservations should be limited. It's been 2years, if they havent used a name by now it won't be used.
    Also a agree with gary on deletion=discard

Btw, they didnt buy the name. They bought a reservation. Even airline reservations are gone when your late.
    So if you reserved an ipad, in time that reservation will be gone and the ipad will be sold out.
    Last edited by tearacan; 01-01-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    It was probably a bug that used reserved names couln't be used by others before.
    Reservations should be limited. It's been 2years, if they havent used a name by now it won't be used.
    Also a agree with gary on deletion=discard
    Well a two year bug should be considered a constant part of the game by now! If STG let a bug go for over two years it's now part of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This would be logical. 30 plat should not allow someone to keep a name forever. Giving you first rights to it, sure, but to keep it for all eternity? Doesn't seem right, especially since nobody else has the option to reserve names, so this is some sort of exclusive privilege.

For example, I didn't play any games prior to AL, so if I deleted Serancha, there would be nothing to stop anyone else from taking my name, even if I was just trying to transfer it to an alt. Plat to reserve first access to a name at the launch of a new game is acceptable, but not to hold the name forever. Once you use it, you should be the same as anyone else. If you reserved 10 names, and only used 2 of them, the others would still be reserved, although I believe some sort of time limit should have been placed on that. Maybe 1 year or something.

After all, if the name is not actually being used, why keep it held for 10 years?
    The way the reservations were designed, it was a permanent hold. This has carried over from PL's reservations for upcoming SL, to SL's & PL's reservations for upcoming DL, to SL's, DL's and PL's reservations for upcoming PL.

A lot of people with name reservations are still very active & all this encourages is name selling/stealing. The last time a name steal happened when somebody was transferring names, I recall actions being done about it. It goes under violating a player's playing experience if I remember correctly.

The game has not yet reached the capacity where it's difficult to find names and we've paid for reservations on our names. There was no time limit specified for these reservations. More importantly, reservations in general have been removed or lost very recently. A lot of my previously reserved names were taken that I paid for and did not even get to use.

If there was a time frame specified, then this post would make sense but that is not the case.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

fire name was stolen during rename few days ago and there is guy named great on game he has platinum reserved names he is selling he say he has a hacktool to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The way the reservations were designed, it was a permanent hold. This has carried over from PL's reservations for upcoming SL, to SL's & PL's reservations for upcoming DL, to SL's, DL's and PL's reservations for upcoming PL.

A lot of people with name reservations are still very active & all this encourages is name selling/stealing. The last time a name steal happened when somebody was transferring names, I recall actions being done about it. It goes under violating a player's playing experience if I remember correctly.

The game has not yet reached the capacity where it's difficult to find names and we've paid for reservations on our names. There was no time limit specified for these reservations. More importantly, reservations in general have been removed or lost very recently. A lot of my previously reserved names were taken that I paid for and did not even get to use.

If there was a time frame specified, then this post would make sense but that is not the case.
    Oh wait a second. What the hell did you just say. Violating players gameplay?Lmao.
    If you change a name independently from the fact you are going to use it again, you reserved it or you didn't reserved it, you are discarding it. You don't remember correctly, there is no rule whatsoever in the ToS that condemns another coming by, trying the name in question and keeping it if its free. This can not be considered as stealing and if sts takes the name from the current Legitimate owner to give it to the previous owner, then they are violating HIS gameplay and can be sued for favouritism.

(Havent they be warned for having a eye candy for certain players before, now you don't want another warning sts, dont ya?)

The new owner picked his new name appropriately, respecting the rules and if the name is not offensive he has all the right to keep it and noone has the right to take it from him not even sts.

Now to go back on what is the core and where all your pains lies. Sts never specified a time limit but wait a second, did they ever tell you you could have the name for all your life spawn and that of your children?

You paid for a reservation and reservation idk how it works where you live but after you used a reserved item or service it will become free for others too and if you discard it (deleting your character) you lose any right on it. Whether you paid for the reservation or not.

BBK.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-02-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh wait a second. What the hell did you just say. Violating players gameplay?Lmao.
    If you change a name independently from the fact you are going to use it again, you reserved it or you didn't reserved it, you are discarding it. You don't remember correctly, there is no rule whatsoever in the ToS that condemns another coming by, trying the name in question and keeping it if its free. This can not be considered as stealing and if sts takes the name from the current Legitimate owner to give it to the previous owner, then they are violating HIS gameplay and can be sued for favouritism.

(Havent they be warned for having a eye candy for certain players before, now you don't want another warning sts, dont ya?)

The new owner picked his new name appropriately, respecting the rules and if the name is not offensive he has all the right to keep it and noone has the right to take it from him not even sts.

Now to go back on what is the core and where all your pains lies. Sts never specified a time limit but wait a second, did they ever tell you you could have the name for all your life spawn and that of your children?

You paid for a reservation and reservation idk how it works where you live but after you used a reserved item or service it will become free for others too and if you discard it (deleting your character) you lose any right on it. Whether you paid for the reservation or not.

BBK.
    If it's reserved - the player has rights to use that name. Upon selling the reservation, there was no time frame slated. I already explained that name reservations have been functioning and selling this way for quite a long time now.

Furthermore, if it is not considered stealing, then how come there have been cases where the name has been returned to the rightful owner.

Thirdly, customer favoritism is not illegal. Some customers are more preferred than others. However, I do not see anywhere where stg states they support customer favoritism. Lastly, if it's a paid name, then that person is a customer for that product. Someone taking the name of an already reserved product is not favoritism - it's just a double sale.

Fourthly, read the part of the ToS says where players are licensed to use the software and STG can do anything they want. As long as they're following US laws, they may do anything they desire.

If there is no time limit, then it is by default, it has no expiration date. Therefore, indeed, for life. They cannot sell something and then state: "Oh wait, this product had a time limit!". It has to be done before so the customer is aware.

Reservation can be temporary or permanent. The way it has been sold for the past two years goes to show that the reservations were permanent. They need to be clearly stated if reservations are set to expire or they are not. As mentioned before, since there was no time limit, then by default, there was no expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    You'll only be able to reserve the names of your existing characters. We do not expire other names or accounts due to inactivity.

-ALS
    Also, keep in mind that these were in a time when free platinum was just starting to be tried out and offers were extremely scarce.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-02-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I think that namereserving should work like this:
    It's permanently reserved, but if you remove your character named it, thats your own Fault.
    However, it should'nt be changed from the original ideas, that's just bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If it's reserved - the player has rights to use that name. Upon selling the reservation, there was no time frame slated. I already explained that name reservations have been functioning and selling this way for quite a long time now.

Furthermore, if it is not considered stealing, then how come there have been cases where the name has been returned to the rightful owner.
    Thirdly, customer favoritism is not illegal. Some customers are more preferred than others. However, I do not see anywhere where stg states they support customer favoritism. Lastly, if it's a paid name, then that person is a customer for that product. Someone taking the name of an already reserved product is not favoritism - it's just a double sale.

Fourthly, read the part of the ToS says where players are licensed to use the software and STG can do anything they want. As long as they're following US laws, they may do anything they desire.

If there is no time limit, then it is by default, it has no expiration date. Therefore, indeed, for life. They cannot sell something and then state: "Oh wait, this product had a time limit!". It has to be done before so the customer is aware.

Reservation can be temporary or permanent. The way it has been sold for the past two years goes to show that the reservations were permanent. They need to be clearly stated if reservations are set to expire or they are not. As mentioned before, since there was no time limit, then by default, there was no expiration date.

Also, keep in mind that these were in a time when free platinum was just starting to be tried out and offers were extremely scarce.
    Did sts tell you there was no limits. Its a conclusion you arrived to by yourself and now you are building castles on your opinions. Even Ceo without full knowledge arrives to the conclusions reserving a name should be temporal. And yes Zeus favouritsm is not allowed ( a dear moderator was sent away cause of this) so wouldnt it be a paradox if sts now takes the names i legitimately acquired by doing as everyone does and giving it back to the previous owners. Where is it written that creating a new toon and picking a absolutely free name is stealing? How do you steal a free thing?

You say AL is a sts game and they are free to do what they want? YOU out off all people! Then explain this paradox. Why did you fight so fiercely agaisnt sts releasing recolored arlors or breeze being nerfed or for sts to buff sns? Why are you even here fighting for your name not to be released if sts can do as it pleases them?

Those are rhetorical questions of course you know i know the answer, and the answer is strawman tactics aka chip more please.

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Omg I'm too lazy to read these giant mesgs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I'm sorry but you are more favored than anyone here lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Did sts tell you there was no limits. Its a conclusion you arrived to by yourself and now you are building castles on your opinions. Even Ceo without full knowledge arrives to the conclusions reserving a name should be temporal. And yes Zeus favouritsm is not allowed ( a dear moderator was sent away cause of this) so wouldnt it be a paradox if sts now takes the names i legitimately acquired by doing as everyone does and giving it back to the previous owners. Where is it written that creating a new toon and picking a absolutely free name is stealing? How do you steal a free thing?

You say AL is a sts game and they are free to do what they want? YOU out off all people! Then explain this paradox. Why did you fight so fiercely agaisnt sts releasing recolored arlors or breeze being nerfed or for sts to buff sns? Why are you even here fighting for your name not to be released if sts can do as it pleases them?

Those are rhetorical questions of course you know i know the answer, and the answer is strawman tactics aka chip more please.
    No, that moderator was sent away for other things much worse that I am not allowed to discuss on these forums. If your entire argument is based off of that, then you're dead wrong.

If there's no time limits, then a product is set not to expire. If not, then when does the platinum in your account expire? I do not see an expiration date on that. An item that's slated to expire must be sold with an expiration date. Hence why you see deals on phone contracts with "offer ends *insert date here*" or methods that prevent grandfathering in. This is the common rule. I do not know why I'm arguing though. It seems that all I need to do is send an email, like Commanderkeen suggested and the names are linked to account again.

P.S: My quote on asommers shows that STG does not expire names for inactivity.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-02-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I'm sorry but you are more favored than anyone here lol
    Name what you've think I've gotten for free then. The last time I checked, I've earned almost everything I've had. Yes, they've done favors for me just like they have with anyone else but it's never something that they haven't given before to other customers that do not have as much "influence" (is it really influence? I don't hold any power over STG).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Name what you've think I've gotten for free then. The last time I checked, I've earned almost everything I've had. Yes, they've done favors for me just like they have with anyone else but it's never something that they haven't given before to other customers that do not have as much "influence" (is it really influence? I don't hold any power over STG).
    True

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Why is everyone targeting zeus he's stating his opinion that's all negative comments don't do anyone any good so just keep them to ourselves
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    ― dr.seuss
    SL retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Anyway, back to the subject. I still think the names should be kept to the rightful owners. Even though they changed the name on one account, they should be able to use it on another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

No, that moderator was sent away for other things much worse that I am not allowed to discuss on these forums. If your entire argument is based off of that, then you're dead wrong.

If there's no time limits, then a product is set not to expire. If not, then when does the platinum in your account expire? I do not see an expiration date on that. An item that's slated to expire must be sold with an expiration date. Hence why you see deals on phone contracts with "offer ends *insert date here*" or methods that prevent grandfathering in. This is the common rule. I do not know why I'm arguing though. It seems that all I need to do is send an email, like Commanderkeen suggested and the names are linked to account again.

P.S: My quote on asommers shows that STG does not expire names for inactivity.
    Your quote of asommers proves nothing. He was referring to the names that could be reserved from other games while name reservation system was still available and that was lots of time ago. Things change.
    AL is a successful game and having a good name is synonym of success and popularity. Names are very impprtant so it shouldnt be a surprise if majority insist unused names should be released and sts eventually listens to them.
    I am not basing my argument on anyones departure though favouritsm definately was one of the motives that moderator was put away.

On the other hand you are basing everything on the fact since you paid to reserve a name it should be yours forever. You are talking as if you dont know how things work in AL. STS is not allowed to take away a name i legitimately own and give it to another person. I dont care whether they have done it before they are not allowed to do such things and you shouldnt think this complex mess can be solved just like that. The moment you deleted your name you have lost any right on it. What was guaranteed when you booked the reservation was the fact you could use it first. You were not warned about any limited ownership but neither were you guaranteed eternal ownership on the AL reserved names, that is why if StS choose today to release the unused reserved names they can do it.

Ps: the name reservation mechanics when you could delete a name and it would remaib confined to the account was something you concluded on your own. In 1 year of daily active forum i havent seen a dev confirm it was actually intended to work that way.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-02-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Your quote of asommers proves nothing. He was referring to the names that could be reserved from other games while name reservation system was still available and that was lots of time ago. Things change.
    AL is a successful game and having a good name is synonym of success and popularity. Names are very impprtant so it shouldnt be a surprise if majority insist unused names should be released and sts eventually listens to them.
    I am not basing my argument on anyones departure though favouritsm definately was one of the motives that moderator was put away.

On the other hand you are basing everything on the fact since you paid to reserve a name it should be yours forever. You are talking as if you dont know how things work in AL. STS is not allowed to take away a name i legitimately own and give it to another person. I dont care whether they have done it before they are not allowed to do such things and you shouldnt think this complex mess can be solved just like that. The moment you deleted your name you have lost any right on it. What was guaranteed when you booked the reservation was the fact you could use it first. You were not warned about any limited ownership but neither were you guaranteed eternal ownership on the AL reserved names, that is why if StS choose today to release the unused reserved names they can do it.
    Thanks for your opinion, got the names linked back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Dear mod u deleted my reply but can i ask something u will check it or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Ps: the name reservation mechanics when you could delete a name and it would remaib confined to the account was something you concluded on your own. In 1 year of daily active forum i havent seen a dev confirm it was actually intended to work that way.
    Obviously it does work that way. STG took Cancer off whoever had it and put it back on my account and linked it back.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post: