Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A bug and feedback on loot 2x update...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default A bug and feedback on loot 2x update...

There are three of us in my household who play this game. We all three are experiencing problems with lag for the past two days. We've all done shutdown on our ipads, reinstall- nothing helps. It began happening after the next to last update. I was playing on a Lost lvl just now and went from outside a room standing still to immediately inside in the middle of an attack. Not fun

And none of us like the game update today that changed the loot drop to 2x more and the loot sale price to 2x less. It's easy to go through a lot of potions as an enchantress protecting the group. They cost $. I often go play a lot on lower levels to earn enough to have around 300 potions each H & M so I can play the swamp lvls. It takes quite a bit of play to earn enough gold. We are playing after the update and are not seeing any increase in loot drops- just decrease in loot sale price. We already buy plenty from the store w platinum. If we have to buy gold w platinum because the items sale for so little, some of us will stop playing. My character is Furrawn lvl 35 enchantress. I love this game! Is anyone else having the lag or loot unhappiness?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Not sure how your speced but if buying pots is a problem add some more regen to your equip. I've got 3h/s and 6m/s on my mage and only need pots when battling bosses...although I run through about 100/day I get 3 times that in drop gold

Edit: post your equip and we can suggest better items
    Last edited by Aerospacegod; 05-17-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol Actually, my health regen is 6 & my mana regen is 4. I like to fight even though I heal & protect the group. The desire to also fight runs through potions in the swamps (not anywhere else) which is fine... EXCEPT the update today is not giving 2x the loot as it promised, but the items do sale for half as much. My point is that the gold amount is way less and the increased loot drop does not at all make up for it.
    Furrawn enchantress lvl 35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, re-read your post. I think the update was not very clear when they stated:

•Increased item drop chance across the board by roughly 2X

This update was mainly for those folks who felt the rare items in the game were not dropping enough (pink/purple items). So when your expecting twice as much junk items to drop, so you can sell them. I don't think that percentage was increased, or at least significantly enough to help you recover your cost, as it was before update.

I've noticed items have a lower sale price, with each expansion pack. So I assume the devs are doing this on purpose to slow down the gold economy. So I don't think they will be inclined to increase item sale prices or junk drops rates. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Jaxan; 05-18-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I don't like the 2x loot drops it makes your pink lvl 35 stuff common and invaluable which to me if everybody has the same thing what's the point??? U can't be unique like that
    THE PUNISHUR LVL 35 Bayou Bow Bear - Main

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kinda agree with Doomzday, I love the merchant community.
    Cus 45 Warrior
    Placiu 45Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whatever changes they make, I think the amount loot is worth shouldn't change drastically like it has...

And I totally agree w Doomzday about not wanting purples and pinks to be common... I have pinks for my archer and bear though ironically none for my enchantress yet... I love playing sometimes just in hopes of a pink... It will detract from the game, I think, to make pinks & purples common... Just my opinion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Guys loot was increased from like 1 to 2% your dream aren't going to be shattered.
    I have actually averaged less pinks since the update.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Pink drops did not change.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

The drop rate change did nothing to bosses, so the top end items are unaffected. The change only affected trash mobs, and did not affect the rarity of items relative to each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thx for explaining about the higher loot drops

Actually my loot in general is less since the update. Good that high lvl items won't be affected. Yay! But, that also means that the reduced loot sale price is even worse! The loot drops from bosses are a big part of the loot drops in general...

There's no way that what has been changed makes us users still come away from playing the lvls with as much gold as we did BEFORE the update that wrongly indicated that the loot drops and reduced loot worth would balance out.

Bottomline: they don't balance out and they should... Reinstate the prices for the colored loot at least...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-18-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are many people really running out of gold? I can't see how unless you have no regen.

If you need to spam pots to live your strategy is flawed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As I said before, I think it's not about "scamming pots to live.". As an enchantress, staying alive in the swamps is very challenging if the person wants to do substantial damage to enemies while still being the healer and protector of the group. Also, sometimes, some of us like to see what we can accomplish with a small group...

There are a lot of ways to play this game. I think you can't assume just because people use potions a lot that they are scamming the pots or don't have good specs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enchantresses shouldn't be doing "substantial damage" in the swamps. All that does is make you spam pots, frustrate the tank and potentially train the zone (because everyone in the group will be chasing your blasted mobs).
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanx for the explanation Justg & Futumsh. Continue the great work.

As for the original poster, Furrawn, your gameplay sounds like a blast to be honest, having played an enchantress in swamps. It's very hard to keep the group alive AND do massive damage. Good for you for playing how you want to and having fun doing it. But at the same time, you must realize the game is not balanced for one specific gameplay style. The devs are continuously tweaking the system to improve the overall gameplay for everyone.

Hopefully when secure trading is possible, you will be able to sell some extra rare items you have for massive amounts of gold to supplement your potion addictions.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Pink drops did not change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    The drop rate change did nothing to bosses, so the top end items are unaffected. The change only affected trash mobs, and did not affect the rarity of items relative to each other.
    Just curious, what was the reasoning behind upping the low quality gear drop rate? I assumed that pink/purples drops rates were increased as well, but if not then I don't understand what the purpose of the adjustment was.

I'd rather get half as much white loot that's worth twice as much so I don't have to sell as much stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Agreed, give me junk rarely and make them 1000gold each, not 30junk items for 33gold each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rannos- I adjust my gameplay according to who I'm playing with... I play how i want to only in a closed game with friends... Regardless though, I don't cause problems- I do know how to target a specific enemy though in the swamps mobs happen no matter what.

Jaxan- it's not an addiction I only need potions in the swamp and only when dealing w Frogmar or something similar... Also, I typically will revive someone in the heat of battle and then use a fire blast to get enemies off me while I do a revive and then an extra heal to make sure the person doesn't just die again. That exercise alone in the swamps requires potions afterwards to restore myself...

Definitely right, it's my way of playing... I don't expect anyone to determine how anyone else prefers to play. I just think that reducing how much things sell for is a bad move.... For everyone...

Forget that I'm an enchantress. My husband is a bear and a true gamer. He also hates the loot being halved in worth. I think most people aren't going to prefer the loot being halved in worth....

Although none of them seem to be on this forum lol lol
    Or maybe myself and my friends are odd ducks and most folks don't mind at all...

It's a great game. I support the developers by buying platinum. I was one of the first people to download this from the iPad app store... Please don't think I'm complaining about the game in general. I'm not. I think the developers are creative and constantly striving to build and improve. Kudos to them!
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-18-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just poking fun about the addiction. lol

I understand having to spam potions, all the while looking at the healths of the group and trying to use skills all at once. I need a 3rd eye and skinnier fingers!

The potions are actually alot cheaper then they were when this game started (if you buy in towne) now though. And I know quite a few players who have large piles of gold hoarded up in their caves, protected by dragons... Gold hasn't really been a main issue with many players, since the only thing you can really buy with them are pots. At least until secure trade comes out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Jaxan~
    lol I figured you were kidding about the addiction A third eye would help a lot!
    Last night in the swamps I paid close attention to what I used- I didn't use much unless it was a situation like I described above... I have to use a lot more if there are players who are less than lvl 30... I don't mind though- differences keep the game lively

A dragon? Where can I get one? Lol Can I have a sparkly sapphire dragon that eats cotton candy while guarding my gold?

Sadly, I have little gold to guard. I'm bad to give away items to friends And I keep the items I think are cool... And I spend 10,000 gold on rainbow robes lol

I'd love to play sometime... Message me if you see me in the game...

Secure trade will be awesome!