Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kill Farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    No end gamer who does not dummy farm and has more than 10k kills will have a kdr of more than 5:1 and even 3:1 is exceedingly rare. Then we have twinks wiyh kdrs of above 200:1. Please don't say they are very skilled because if those same players came to end game I can assure you they would not be able to maintain a kdr anywhere near the level of their twinking kdr.
    There is a reason why people twink at lower levels, I can assure you that almost all of the twinks with more than a at least a 50:1 KdR, which is exceedingly rare even in twink levels,have more than 1 character. Many of the deaths in endgame is because people have trouble adjusting to the tactics there. There are more arcanes in endgame, more crit, and the fights are sometimes faster. Also yes, they would not be able to maintain that KdR because almost no "noobs" make it to lvl 41. Everyone who makes it to 41 has experience therefore requiring the player to be more skilled.

Also, to add that not many twinks have a 200:1 kdr. Most twinks also spend much more money than endgamers do for their gear, because as I stated above, they have multiple accounts. Endgamers also dummyfarm too, like JDog stated, so please don't go blaming everything on twinks. Just because we can get in the way of "Endgamer" stuff sometimes, Endgaming isn't the only place that requires talent.

P.S.- I do not suport dummyfarming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Dummy farmers are plagued in the other sts games too but they don't seem to take action on it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    There is a reason why people twink at lower levels, I can assure you that almost all of the twinks with more than a at least a 50:1 KdR, which is exceedingly rare even in twink levels,have more than 1 character. Many of the deaths in endgame is because people have trouble adjusting to the tactics there. There are more arcanes in endgame, more crit, and the fights are sometimes faster. Also yes, they would not be able to maintain that KdR because almost no "noobs" make it to lvl 41. Everyone who makes it to 41 has experience therefore requiring the player to be more skilled.

Also, to add that not many twinks have a 200:1 kdr. Most twinks also spend much more money than endgamers do for their gear, because as I stated above, they have multiple accounts. Endgamers also dummyfarm too, like JDog stated, so please don't go blaming everything on twinks. Just because we can get in the way of "Endgamer" stuff sometimes, Endgaming isn't the only place that requires talent.

P.S.- I do not suport dummyfarming
    End gamers do dummy farm, but they dummy farm a lot less than twinks. And I don't consider killing a player wearing lepre in pvp room as dummy farming. Majority of the dummy farming does happen at twink levels. And what makes you think all lvl 41 players have "experience". There are plenty of players who level up to 41 without even entering a pvp room. I was one of them (didnt lvl up to 41 but lvled up to current cap at that time).

In no way does a twink spend more money on gear than an end gamer, even if he has multiple accounts. An end gamer has to spend about 40-60m (using mythic ring) on gear and pets nowadays if he/she wants to competitively pvp. Also, many end gamers have multiple accounts as well, of different classes.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogxtreme View Post
    Actually they could...you can farm at endgame just as easily as you could at any twink level. There are just as many endgame farmers as twink farmers, saying that there needs to be a seperate lb for endgame wouldn't fix anything, just cause more farmers to get more banners
    You could, but it does not happen. Try and name an end game player of any pvp kill lb. Not that many are there? Now lets talk about the dummy farming twinks on the lb. The warrior kills page is littered with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

No one mentioned anything about a certain bracket. The problem is dummy farming, not twinks here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

End gamers o dummy farm, but they dummy farm a lot less than twinks. And I don't consider killing a player wearing lepre in pvp room as dummy farming. Majority of the dummy farming does happen at twink levels. And what makes you think all lvl 41 players have "experience". There are plenty of players who level up to 41 without even entering a pvp room. I was one of them (didnt lvl up to 41 but lvled up to current cap at that time).

In no way does a twink spend more money on gear than an end gamer, even if he has multiple accounts. An end gamer has to spend about 40-60m (using mythic ring) on gear and pets nowadays if he/she wants to competitively pvp. Also, many end gamers have multiple accounts as well, of different classes.
    I admit the majority of dummy farming happens at Twink levels. Simply because every level other than 41 is a Twink level.
    41 Rogue: Jdogxtreme Retired
    13 Warrior: Alphajdog<Flash Mob>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

No end gamer who does not dummy farm and has more than 10k kills will have a kdr of more than 5:1 and even 3:1 is exceedingly rare. Then we have twinks wiyh kdrs of above 200:1. Please don't say they are very skilled because if those same players came to end game I can assure you they would not be able to maintain a kdr anywhere near the level of their twinking kdr.

This is 100% true. Since coming to end game I have dropped to about 5:1 KDR whereas as a twink I was able to maintain a 1:8 KDR for 4 seasons.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    This is 100% true. Since coming to end game I have dropped to about 5:1 KDR whereas as a twink I was able to maintain a 1:8 KDR for 4 seasons.
    I speak from experience. I twinked as a lvl 21 tank back when it was active and I had no trouble maintaing a 10:1 ratio without even using jugg. Also, a significant number of my deaths were from simply leaving map.

Also is the end game account the same as the think account? Cause if it is that may be a factor as to why your kdr is 5:1 ATM. Not saying that you aren't very good at what you do, just saying that with 50k kills a 5:1 kdr is still incredibly rare. I don't think I know any player with more than 30k kills and a kdr better than 3:1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Also is the end game account the same as the think account? Cause if it is that may be a factor as to why your kdr is 5:1 ATM. Not saying that you aren't very good at what you do, just saying that with 50k kills a 5:1 kdr is still incredibly rare. I don't think I know any player with more than 30k kills and a kdr better than 3:1.
    Yes my end game account is the same as my twink account. Since I was solo for the majority of my time in end game I have about a 1:3 KDR from my time in end game. Being solo and having a guild (not naming any names but you can probably guess) call every single time you appear in a game to gang and block you will do this. lol.

Anyway, this mixed with my twink kdr is why I have a 1:5 KDR.

To be honest though, KDR means nothing. I could simply gang and leave once my team starts to lose and probably achieve a 10:1 KDR in end game, but what's the point of that? There are no rewards for who has the best ratio, and it's in no way, shape, or form an indication of skill.

Anyway, back to the topic of kill farming... STS doesn't care enough to make this a priority so complaining about won't do a thing. I'm willing to bet 10m that at end of this season we will see a handful of kill farmers working their way up the LB ranks. Just watch and see.

My suggestion. Reset the boards every single season, and this say we can really see who the farmers are.
    Last edited by raw; 01-14-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes my end game account is the same as my twink account. Since I was solo for the majority of my time in end game I have about a 1:3 KDR from my time in end game. Being solo and having a guild (not naming any names but you can probably guess) call every single time you appear in a game to gang and block you will do this. lol.

Anyway, this mixed with my twink kdr is why I have a 1:5 KDR.

To be honest though, KDR means nothing. I could simply gang and leave once my team starts to lose and probably achieve a 10:1 KDR in end game, but what's the point of that? There are no rewards for who has the best ratio, and it's in no way, shape, or form an indication of skill.

Anyway, back to the topic of kill farming... STS doesn't care enough to make this a priority so complaining about won't do a thing. I'm willing to bet 10m that at end of this season we will see a handful of kill farmers working their way up the LB ranks. Just watch and see.

My suggestion. Reset the boards every single season, and this say we can really see who the farmers are.
    I think this is a great idea. This way all of these 30k kills in one season people will go away. Also to kingofninjas, like raw said, it would be easy to maintain a 10:1 kdr if all you do is gang and leave when you are about to leave. My level 13 Twink has a 3:1 kdr, just because I don't instantly leave rooms when I see an enemy guild. I love guild wars, and I don't leave. If you actually PLAY the game, and not spend your life killing new players that enter rooms, you won't see as many 12:1 kdr twinks. If you see a Twink with a 12:1 kdr you can't instantly assume they are a dummy farmer, it just depends on how you play the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I am a 17 twink i stay my ground. i have 7500 kills and 5000+ deaths. i don't care kdr, i'm just here for the fun and play guildwars everyday. Thats pvp opposed to be guild 5v5 guild not guild 5v 5 naked players
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

To those who say twinks inherently have higher kdrs this is not necessarily true. The nabs who only kill noobs and fight with number advantages are the ones with the 8:1 or 10:1 kdr. The real players who fight in wars regularly and dont leave map whenever its 4v5 are the ones with kdrs between 3.1 and 4:1. <<<these are the real twinks. Rest are essentially dummy farmers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    To those who say twinks inherently have higher kdrs this is not necessarily true. The nabs who only kill noobs and fight with number advantages are the ones with the 8:1 or 10:1 kdr. The real players who fight in wars regularly and dont leave map whenever its 4v5 are the ones with kdrs between 3.1 and 4:1. <<<these are the real twinks. Rest are essentially dummy farmers
    I agree but I would qualify that by saying that twinking has changed over the past 2 years. In s2-4 guild wars weren't as common (at least in my bracket of level 10-12). Majority of the time we did 1v1s or just killed noobs, and once in a while we'd organize a guild war.

Now guild wars happen very often and aren't pre-planned so twink KDRs are much lower than what they used to be.

Point being, old school twinks often have impressive KDRs simply b/c that's how the gameplay was, and aren't necessarily dummy farmers like you may think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree but I would qualify that by saying that twinking has changed over the past 2 years. In s2-4 guild wars weren't as common (at least in my bracket of level 10-12). Majority of the time we did 1v1s or just killed noobs, and once in a while we'd organize a guild war.

Now guild wars happen very often and aren't pre-planned so twink KDRs are much lower than what they used to be.

Point being, old school twinks often have impressive KDRs simply b/c that's how the gameplay was, and aren't necessarily dummy farmers like you may think.
    This is exactly right. It all depends on how the game is played. If a certain level bracket doesn't have as much guild tensions and or guild wars, it is easier to maintain a higher kdr. Other brackets may have 5-6 active guilds that all have high tensions with each other, it might be a little harder (not impossible) to maintain a high kdr. Again. Just because someone has a high kdr does not mean you can instantly play the dummy farmer card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Again, this is off topic. It doesn't matter which level you kill farm on, it's the fact that it's happening without anything done. Also I know 2 rouges who isn't above 11k kills and haven't farmed or twinked.

Also, no one wants to hear about how great of a KDR you managed at your specific level, whether it be endgame or twink level. So kindly stop bragging and spam STS about kill farming and unfairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Again, this is off topic. It doesn't matter which level you kill farm on, it's the fact that it's happening without anything done. Also I know 2 rouges who isn't above 11k kills and haven't farmed or twinked.

Also, no one wants to hear about how great of a KDR you managed at your specific level, whether it be endgame or twink level. So kindly stop bragging and spam STS about kill farming and unfairness.
    We were simply trying to address the false notion that ALL twinks with good KDRs have kill farmed. Quite related.

But back to the big picture of kill farming, we just need to accept that there is nothing STG can to do punish those who have kill farmed because without any evidence (even if their KDR clearly indicates it), they can't ban them. Think about it. In real life if someone was to steal a jacket from a department store. Unless the department store caught him in the act, they couldn't file charges. I think that's why STG is hesitant to ban these players...

As far as a solution, there are many options to prevent this from happening again, but what's the point? People botted PvE kills all day and now there are players with 3m+ PvE kills. Once it was patched the PvE leaderboard was basically locked, and two seasons later the same players are reigning. Point being, the damage is already done and solving this problem will not do much.

The only solution I can think of, and many people have agreed with me on this, is having a seasonal leaderboard. Why should I get a banner for CTF kills this season if I only got about 7k kills during the course of the season? That doesn't make sense. I should get a banner when I am ranked in the top 25 in my class for CTF kills within that specific season. The logic is flawed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Kill Farming

Honestly, even if we had evidence, I don't think anything would be done. I could sit in a room recording someone dummy farm, and I doubt they'd get banned..

I like the idea of seasonal leaderboards, for mainly the reason that everyone gets a fresh start, but wouldn't it cause more dummy farming? It would be even more competitive, like a race for kills, and the fastest way to do that would be dummy farming.

If the kill farming/bottling issues are completely fixed, then it definitely would be the best decision, but as of now, it will just restart every season. The most frustrating part about this issue is that we know who the farmers are, and yet we can't do a thing about it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UndeadJudge; 01-15-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No kill farming if kdr in ctf and tdm will be removed. No kdr no worries and fight freely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

We were simply trying to address the false notion that ALL twinks with good KDRs have kill farmed. Quite related.

But back to the big picture of kill farming, we just need to accept that there is nothing STG can to do punish those who have kill farmed because without any evidence (even if their KDR clearly indicates it), they can't ban them. Think about it. In real life if someone was to steal a jacket from a department store. Unless the department store caught him in the act, they couldn't file charges. I think that's why STG is hesitant to ban these players...

As far as a solution, there are many options to prevent this from happening again, but what's the point? People botted PvE kills all day and now there are players with 3m+ PvE kills. Once it was patched the PvE leaderboard was basically locked, and two seasons later the same players are reigning. Point being, the damage is already done and solving this problem will not do much.

The only solution I can think of, and many people have agreed with me on this, is having a seasonal leaderboard. Why should I get a banner for CTF kills this season if I only got about 7k kills during the course of the season? That doesn't make sense. I should get a banner when I am ranked in the top 25 in my class for CTF kills within that specific season. The logic is flawed.
    I agree, seasonal leaderboards should be implented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Honestly, even if we had evidence, I don't think anything would be done. I could sit in a room recording someone dummy farm, and I doubt they'd get banned..

I like the idea of seasonal leaderboards, for mainly the reason that everyone gets a fresh start, but wouldn't it cause more dummy farming? It would be even more competitive, like a race for kills, and the fastest way to do that would be dummy farming.

If the kill farming/bottling issues are completely fixed, then it definitely would be the best decision, but as of now, it will just restart every season. The most frustrating part about this issue is that we know who the farmers are, and yet we can't do a thing about it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    On the contrary, it would easier to spot those players who are abusing the system. With the roll out of seasonal leaderboards, players should be educated on kill farming through a forum post, and encouraged to report any incidences of kill farming that they witness. Although I'm 99% nothing will happen in AL, in any future games these types of things must be addressed in the initial phases of the release of PvP content. I get that players are creative and will always find a way around the system, but to be duping the system for 2 years and still have no solution from STG is a slap in the face to any player who legitimately tries to to go for the leaderboard; it sends a statement that STG does not care about rewarding players for their dedication to playing their content.

Just out of curiosity (without naming any names) how many of the top players from each class for CTF have kill farmed based off of your knowledge... I'm curious to see what the percentages are.

Fill this out if you know...

CTF:
    Rogue - ?/25
    Warrior - ?/25
    Mage - ?/25