Thread: Personal Gripes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Personal Gripes.

I wish the Shadow Caves would get a retool.
    -Only the big beasts drop, and 99% of the time they drop greens.
    -The boss fight on level 3 is ridiculous. I was with a group who, through use of good tactics bordering on meta, def potions all around, and nobody under 53, got wiped again...and again....and again. There should be no reason why a group of the appropriate level should have everyone spend 3k per attempt, and only hedge their survival rate like 30%.
    -it seems to be the new place for 30-somethings to hang out and wait to be PLed.

nobody who should be playing it wants to play it anymore. Sure, I imagine there will be a run on the caves when the 50 Vyx stuff shows up, but for all the wrong reasons.

Balefort Sewers sucks.
    -Fire traps. Stupid. They're not a functional threat, just a mana/hp burner. If my elf gets caught on the 2nd out of 3 traps, even with mana shield, I might as well get ready for a respawn run.
    -no drops except for the bosses? Lame. At least throw us some crappy greens like CTK so we can liquidate for a small sum.
    -armor is dumb looking. Crowns for everyone is stupid. Nothing but the 55 pinks and the plat caps should be crowns.

I haven't bothered to start leveling my characters because I'm just not all that fired up to run through the sewers. Combine that with a studied avoidance of the one level I really want to run through, and I'm getting a little frustrated.

I know these things have been brought up in the suggestions posts, so consider this a gripe, whether legitimate or not. It's sort of a shame when the only thing a whole expansion has to offer is hours of farming for the off-chance of a precious pink that can be sold in the auction for ridiiiiiiculous sums.

I'm just poking through as a semi-casual player, trying to have fun in an increasingly un-fun game. :\

Having said that, I do also have to say this game has had more sticking power than any of the other MMOs I've played. Keep up the good work, but also do more...better...work. ? Yea.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

first of all its a ELITE CAMPAIGN. if you do like it dont do it. also there armor in bs is just the first armor that is out. there will be more. and nobody wants to play shadows cuz thiers a new map out. and if everyone could get the best items what point would thier be? i agree BS needs more however.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sewers is my favorite campaign so far. I agree the gear designs leave something to be desired, but the level designs and bosses are awesome. Grates are great, finally some strategy outside of boss fights. Honesly I wasn't sure about the campaign at first, but after leveling through and farming it extensively, it really grew on me.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's an ELITE campaign, and I'm pretty much an ELITE character. The mobs don't give me much trouble, and I can keep up with any but the full 55 groups. I don't have quarrel with the hardness of the mobs, but I have serious issue with a player-killer that's spread all over the levels like butter.

Also, there shouldn't be a reason for a properly leveled character to have to pot with a good, well armed full group.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

what gear do u have- and i clear it on my 50 with a good group
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    Also, there shouldn't be a reason for a properly leveled character to have to pot with a good, well armed full group.
    Sorry but I think you have to find a better group. I played through the shadow caves many times without elixirs, and in fact, my first few runs I assumed it was a true elite campaign and didn't even use potions because I assumed they weren't available. That witch is a wrecking ball, and I have been with groups that wipe at her, but I've also been in groups that took her down on the first try without elixir.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Sewers is my favorite campaign so far. I agree the gear designs leave something to be desired, but the level designs and bosses are awesome. Grates are great, finally some strategy outside of boss fights. Honesly I wasn't sure about the campaign at first, but after leveling through and farming it extensively, it really grew on me.
    I'd like the grates if they did something besides destroy non-bears. It's not so much strategy as it is good timing and luck. If there was a good way to defuse them, like an ice shot, I'd be cool with them. All I can tell is that they either explode with AE attacks, they explode if you end up targeting them, or they just explode at random intervals. Also, they're ERRRRVYWHAR. Not just bottlenecks and danger-spots. I may also respect them better if I was using a more powerful tablet or phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'd like the grates if they did something besides destroy non-bears. It's not so much strategy as it is good timing and luck. If there was a good way to defuse them, like an ice shot, I'd be cool with them. All I can tell is that they either explode with AE attacks, they explode if you end up targeting them, or they just explode at random intervals. Also, they're ERRRRVYWHAR. Not just bottlenecks and danger-spots. I may also respect them better if I was using a more powerful tablet or phone.
    timing is stratedgy- u can defuse them with a long range weapon, correct me if im wrong.
    Last edited by Conradin; 02-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You can set them off early by shooting them whm you are out of range if their blast. Also try with some new gear. Since I reached 55 an put on all BS stuff, my mage only dies if I'm stupid enough to get near one with low health or if I get blown from one grate right into another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My mage is either in Wraith or Cosmos, my bird is either in Hate or Cyber. My bear seldom gets used, but he'll get the Hate armor when I can upgrade. I know those aren't elite armors anymore, but they're good enough to fight the fights in the BS. They aren't good enough to protect them from a gross amount of damage from the fire traps.
    Defusing the traps only work effectively if you're away from a group, or you run in very tight formation. Defusing also doesn't change the trap timing; it only resets the cycle, which could end up still setting it off on the group. I've been with one group of near-identical looking 55s that really worked as a coherent squad, but I usually get the other kind of group that heads off a few lengths ahead or behind. Doing that will pretty much get someone popped.

Honestly, I think the Shadow Cave is way better. I just wish there were more drops, and I wish there wasn't three bosses circling in one room, with one of them being a long-range 1-hit-killer.

Maybe I should just spend more plat. Buy a whole bunch of auction slots and start farming for pinks or soloing around Forgotten Crypts for helms to sell to twinks for 200k. Then I could buy my ugly gem armor and walk confidently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I sense a locked thread...
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You need to run with better party members that know how to deal with the grates, they are part of the BS environment that makes you play (more) smartly. With a good group, the grates are usually a non-factor except in the Catacombs...when I go there, I go for a higher defense setup. They require skill/timing/tactics to deal with. Do I die sometimes from them still? Sure. But the boss and min-boss fun of BS is worth the price.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You need to run with better party members that know how to deal with the grates, they are part of the BS environment that makes you play (more) smartly. With a good group, the grates are usually a non-factor except in the Catacombs...when I go there, I go for a higher defense setup. They require skill/timing/tactics to deal with. Do I die sometimes from them still? Sure. But the boss and min-boss fun of BS is worth the price.
    I definitely agree with the bosses being fun. It's nice to see a whole dungeon devoted to bosses you can't just power through. They're pretty easy when you know what to do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeah, they are fun. You do need to know what to do with most of them, unlike Keeper which is just bashbashbash.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage