Thread: what is a twink?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what is a twink?

Ok, so i've seen many people with twinks, but i want to know exactly what they are. From my interpretations, they are usually lower lvled( between lvl 10-20) that either pvp or farm low lvl gear. Anyways, how did it get the name "twink". Also, i have a level 35 warrior with full copperhead gear, that i only use for pvp. could he be considered a twink? I've seen lots of heated debate over twinks recently, so would just like to get some clarifications. thanks!
    ..°*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°Mesmerized - lvl 61 int/dex hybrid °*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Lol get ready for the flood of answers.

Basically, a twink is a character under the level cap that is carefully specialized for pvp. Twinks carry the best gear for their level and have well thought out skill builds and attributes (if they know what they're doing).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so, since the level cap was raised to level 56, would a lvl 50 enchantress with full shadow be considered a twink as well?
    ..°*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°Mesmerized - lvl 61 int/dex hybrid °*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Well, given that discription, I guess that could be considered... but... twinks are a bit farther under the cap. In the future, 50 may become a twink level, but it is too close to the cap atm. The highest level twink you'll probably see is a 35.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

"Twink" in all other MMOs besides Pocket Legends: a low-leveled character equipped with higher level characters' equips primarily used for PvP dueling or gold/item farming. Highly funded by a separate account.

"Twink" in Pocket Legends: any low-leveled character that PvPs or does low-level farming.