Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Complete Lv 55 Archer Gear List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

@davidis57

Only raid and custom have bonuses among the level 55 gear. That may (and is likely) to change in the future though.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 03-10-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tour View Post
    I say why settle, birds should learn to survive with 73 crit. Crit is just insane for damage output. I personally have zero problem with pot consumption (as in, i don't mind guzzling them until i'm blue in the face).

I use Raid cap, raid leather, and recurve. nothing customized, best crit, best damage. I am a pot spammer and I tend to Min/Max in MMO's.

Edit: 75 crit, woot set bonus's!
    I'm a bit late to this game but what I'm really appreciating about this game is that the Lvl55 gear can be mixed and matched to suit one's particular style of playing. Until recently, I've been playing a conservative game and relying heavily on mana regeneration (hence my reliance on my Sentinel Set). While I thought that was fine, it wasn't until I learned recently (with help from Mooger, Phys, Mits, Eche, Attack, etc) that dang, runs can go by REAL fast if your toon is tweaked a certain way: critical and dodge!

In the end, a good enemy is a dead enemy. It can't hurt you if it's already dead, so I've taken a much more aggressive playstyle, even if it's at the expense of mana pots.

Question to everyone else (I did a search but haven't found the answer): If you have a raid set, and decide to craft one item at a time, does it automatically break the raid set bonus until it's fully customized?

Mooger will likely say, "Bah, set bonuses are overrated!"
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes neko, if you mix raid and customized, it wont have the sparkle set bonus until it's a full "set" of Customized Raid xxx+xxx+xxx or Raid xxx + xxx

As far as aggresive, just like you said you need to run first hand and see how the pro birds like Phy / Moog and many others play. I am still trying lol
    Phy has couple videos and shows his hand movements, worth to check it out. warning your wrist might get carpo t in the long wrong

As far as mana pots, just make it a daily goal before exping, that you are gonna do Plasma Pyrimads for 30 mins and stash up pots, a good 500/500 will help you for a night.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since i reached lvl 50 2 days ago i am using the void set. Now i'm 55 and i tried the henchman set, as well as the void bow+helmet+raid roach leather.
    As much as i like to play more agressiv, i don't want to spent all that money on mana pots, since im still saving for better gear.

The void set isn't thant bad IMO the dmg is quite good and i often find myself being attacked by the bosses and since it has a pretty high mana rate i can spam my skills. I think i will first change my raid roach to custom before i change gear :>

Tell me what u think, am i not enough of a team player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    In the end, a good enemy is a dead enemy. It can't hurt you if it's already dead, so I've taken a much more aggressive playstyle, even if it's at the expense of mana pots.

Question to everyone else (I did a search but haven't found the answer): If you have a raid set, and decide to craft one item at a time, does it automatically break the raid set bonus until it's fully customized?

Mooger will likely say, "Bah, set bonuses are overrated!"
    Why, I would never say something like "Crafting your Raid set for Custom and losing damage output for the sake of h/s when you will still end up using health pots anyway is over-rated!!!" unfortunately speaking from experience....unless you just have to have h/s for your style/comfort level, crafting the Raid set is not worth the expense for recipes (and the small loss in damage).

There's a reason why I sold my Custom set and now rock a combination of Crown of Persistence/Sewer Scarab and Raid Leather with various rings

I hope I can get to 56 with Paleriderz, so I can back to my true calling of Attack Bird, and mentor Mistui on how to not die on fire traps. Probably a lost cause on that one, haha.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-18-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jinlac View Post
    Since i reached lvl 50 2 days ago i am using the void set. Now i'm 55 and i tried the henchman set, as well as the void bow+helmet+raid roach leather.
    As much as i like to play more agressiv, i don't want to spent all that money on mana pots, since im still saving for better gear.

The void set isn't thant bad IMO the dmg is quite good and i often find myself being attacked by the bosses and since it has a pretty high mana rate i can spam my skills. I think i will first change my raid roach to custom before i change gear :>

Tell me what u think, am i not enough of a team player?
    The Void set is pretty good, no one should be calling you a non-team player just because of the gear you wear as long as you pitch in and help the team out...that is the important thing. Some people with the "best/more better" gear have not much idea how to use it, and some of the better players around don't have "the best" gear but are good players and know how to use it better than other players with better gear

You might want to check out Physiologic's post in the Archer Discussion Forum that compares all of the 55 gear (and even if you are not 55, the theories/comparisons will be mostly the same for 51 and 53 archer gear), some of the other sets offer great h/s or m/s at only a minor cost of damage dealt, you might try those out and see if you like them...most are orange or green and not very expensive in the CS. The Underling green gear looks to have the highest m/s if that is something you are interested in, looks like it has pretty decent damage and crit, but it doesn't have as high of a dodge as Void and less h/s as well.

Link here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...cher-Gear-List
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-18-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Some people with the "best/more better" gear have not much idea how to use it, and some of the better players around don't have "the best" gear but are good players and know how to use it better than other players with better gear
    why you have to call me out like that Moogie
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    Dude, you have it in your sig and take pride in your flame-broiled knack of finding active fire-traps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yah... and the shoe does fit lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thanks for the great work Physio. My bird is at lvl 54 and I now have a better idea what to expect and where to spend my precious little gold when I hit 55. I like to keep my m/s regen higher during mobs (one less thing to worry about). I then loadout to max damage equip at bosses. Spamming pots at boss is easier for me then during mob rushes.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    Mits-fits = Players who have the uncanny ability to activate firetraps when they are near to them and die. Lol.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If this question has already been answered, then apologies but my poor ickle blonde brain is a tad confused about the crit/damage ratio, how it works and which (if any) is most important. I currently have a mix of raid and henchman gear but if I look St the stat comparison my damage is much higher in henchman than raid. The crit is missing in henchman though. I note people mentioning high crit throughout the thread far more than damage/dps and I appreciate the importance of crit.
    Am I right to mix the two? If I swap a henchman set for a raid set there is a large drop in damage which is substituted for crit. Surely you need high damage to make crit worthwhile.

I hope my ramblings are making my question clear. There is a significant difference in the cost of henchman versus raid gear. I just want to ensure that I am buying the right stuff for me. I'm not worried about m/s and happy to pot. I just want to maximise the damage I do and how crit / damage stats affect that.

I must also say thank you so much for taking the time to do such a fantastic guide. I have learnt so much from you, and the other PL gurus who have posted such informative guides on the forum. It is very much appreciated.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hi Caire! Thank you for your support Your question is very tricky and one that will be debated on for all eternity until we all receive a stroke from thinking about it too much, so no worries.

The "perfect" crit/damage ratio is nearly impossible to determine. Obviously the ideal situation would be to have high crit and high damage, but such is not the case. Henchman gives a ton of damage but lacks the crit. Raid Roach gives a ton of crit but does not give as much damage as Henchman. It's good that you're already aware that one stat cannot survive without the other - crit without high damage is useless, and high damage without crit is useless as well. You can surely mix/match sets based off of your capital and own preference, there's nothing wrong with that.

The degree of the "large drop in damage" is at question - some people may think 5 damage is a lot, some people may think 20 damage is a lot. To help you make your decision, you could tell me what you're currently equipping along with the stats (since you mentioned you're wearing a mix of raid and henchman, but I'm not sure if you're wearing a Henchman cap or a Raid cap). I can provide a concrete answer for you then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Crit vs damage

Wow I can't believe how quickly you responded - it's much appreciated. OK below is my current gear. I have been chopping and changing trying to work out best set so I've listed it all!

Helm

Wearing Raid but also have henchman

Weapon

Im swapping between talon & wing, and recurve depending on instance.

Underling Talon (Not purchased better cos not sure I'll stick with talon)
    Or
    Henchman recurve

Armour

Henchman

Shield

Raid Wing

I have been concentrating on my Mage and am now really getting into my archer but don't have much gold left  I used talon/wing combination while levelling to eradicate death/loss of level pots but hope that with right gear I will switch to recurve/scarab. Im full dex btw.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Since a majority of your equips are Henchman's, I'll recommend another route. Try the following:

Helm: Raid Roach Gemstone Cap, when you get to 56, switch to Customized Crown of Persistence
    Weapon: Bagman's Gemstone Recurve
    Armor: Bagman's Gemstone Leather
    For talon/wing: Can maintain Underling/RR wing

In comparing Bagman's and Henchman's, Bagman's gives +10 crit at a reduction of 4 damage and armor. You'll gain +20 crit and lose -8 damage and some armor when doing this switch. This is what I personally used and it has worked like a charm. You can buy and equip a dodge/armor ring to make up for the loss of armor as well.

Alternatively, an Auto-Bow can be used to maintain the +10 crit at a loss of more damage, but less armor loss. Keep in mind that the range of the Auto-bow is larger as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you so much Physiologic. I will definitely do that. Sounds like a great way to go. So kind of you to take the time to help me 

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

+3 pimp points for Phys-dawg. I decided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabero View Post
    Pink drops rates are fine. I think the trash drops are horribly low though. They need to increase the trash drops or gold. I have to go back and do keeper runs to get gold for pots.

I totally agree with this! They don't actually need to increase the drop rate, just maybe allow the monsters (non boss and non-mini boss) to drop trash (gray / white / orange) too. Then
    maybe put the green, purple and pink drops to bosses and minibosses (plus orange too).
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ive recently been been takin up the "tank" role of my groups when we lack one, by this i basically mean im leading the pack in advance roundin up quick groups for a thorn root/scream, backing up and hp potting while mages combo off the root then follow my scream combo up with blast shot etc etc then i switch to my damge recurve gear for the boss battles. Runs seem to flow pretty nice this way, anyways. im lvl 54 right now and am using full sentinels talon/wing set during my "tank"sessions but im lookin forward to lvl 55 where i can possibly upgrade to a drainers set for the huge dodge and armor the set provides. Is this the best way to go for what im trying to do? I see the raw stats but just wonderin if theres somethin else out there im missin. I know drain has no set bonuses or even a matching shield. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!