Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farm the hideout and Kill Gold Fever under 5 min

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Farm the hideout and Kill Gold Fever under 5 min

First group composition. 2 or 3 mages and at least 2 archers. Could have one bear. Mages can be paladins or, dex or pure as long as they know how to kill fast. If you have only 1 archer or none then 1 or 2 mages should use a damage pot.

If you have a bear make sure he isn't using stomp all the time to blast mobs out of the aoe area since this will slow down the group a lot. Bears should use beakon and debuffs and once the mages and archers have done their combos they can unleash theirs or use stomp to group enemies to a wall or corner.

mages should always be healing the party at all times, I know this should be a given but palys and dexmages tend to save mana by not healing party members. Mages should know when to buff to do more damage on mob groups and how to place them against a wall or corner.

Archers is the simplest to use yet the hardest to stay alive. Just keep doing combos and debuffing groups as fast as possible.

Gold Fever
    Destroy chests as fast as you can try to know when they will get the orb. Archers should be the first to try and destroy the chests.

Mages should use mana shield or BoV when they see the orb or emote meaning one of the group members has the bomb. It is very important for mages to stay alive since you are the only ones that can revive. Keep boss debuffed at all times.

If a bear is on the group he should try to keep Gold Fever against a wall with the help of archers and mages.

Very important if you have the aggro on the boss you will probably be the one that gets the bomb. When people see the bomb they should run far from the boss so they don't get hit by the explosion and leave the person with the aggro. If no one is hit by the blast the damage tends to be minimum to the carrier of the bomb but if two or more get hit the blast tends to be harder for all of them. Mages should stay away from the group at all times unless they have the aggro.

If this is done right you can clear the whole run in less than 5 minutes and get about 345 exp at level 55 with a 3x pot and get you a chance for pinks. I try the boss if more than 1 archer are in the group if not its hard to do the boss fast unless 2 or more use damage pot.

Hope this helps out a lot of groups that have been struggling with farming and taking to long on gold fever.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hear, hear. Another thing that drives me nuts, is that if you have the "Fever" (you have the exclamation points over your head), pleasepleasepleasefortheloveofgod do NOT RUN AT YOUR TEAMMATES, you will infect them too if the bomb goes off. Try to steer clear of the rest of the party the best you can.

If a good team of 1 bear/2 mage/2 archer, or 3 mage/2 archer, can clear the entire thing in 4 mins, including Goldfever. Seeing as his drop rate seems to be fairly high compared to some others, I do not know why people skip him.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 02-22-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was in a full bird party. We all thought it was fast since the exilirs were still up. Timed it and the fastest lap i recorded was 04:06. I did have the impression that everyone in the group knew how to kill the boss since mortality in our two hour plus was really minimal and was only at the boss (none by mobs or grates). One member even got a pink mage helm to boot.

It really helps when everyone in the party is well versed with killing mobs and timing their combo attacks.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep you are right Moog. You where with me last night and we where clearing the thing really fast without any problems.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlacosta View Post
    It really helps when everyone in the party is well versed with killing mobs and timing their combo attacks.
    Yes, that is the key to this level, and after you run it enough times like most of us pushing to 56, this gets easier to time out combos. Running with the same group for a while, you learn what combo they do where, or what mage throws nightmare exactly when on the map, stuff like that...helps out.

Fastest run I have timed yet is Physio (beast on Hideout), me, Attackelf, Drewcapu and another mage who I don't recall but who is good as well, 3:37. Was a beast run. Usually 4:00-4:30 like you said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Yep you are right Moog. You where with me last night and we where clearing the thing really fast without any problems.
    It helped that I was hopped up on vodka and Twinkies...really seemed to focus me, for some odd reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Killing Gold Fever and the possibility of a pink drop is what keeps me sane on th grind to 56. On several occasions I've run with a pro group with Ellyidol and friends. We clear the map and Gold Fever with our exp pots still active to spare. Its easy. Yesterday, I ran with a PUG and our first run through the map as cake. As I switch into my raid gear and charge Gold Fever, the whole group disappears. Seeing the potential in the group, I jump I into their next game, pot up and start running. A minute in, I just bring up the question and ask then why they don't kill the boss. One of the guys responds "exp run". I proceed to briefly explain my past success with a group similar to this killing GF in less than 3 mins.

So this is his response...

He tries to get me booted after I've already potted heh. Luckily for me, the host was a good guy and not about to boot me. I check out Allwood and of course, he's a powerleveled 51 with 3000 kills and barely any quests completed. Go figure!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Interesting, since there was already a bear in the party....oh well, all kinds of players abound these days, just gotta deal with them the best one can

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive only been in one group that could do that. Most PUGs are terrible. I was just in one where two people left, then the mage and bear died. I kept going waiting for mage to come back. Mage rezzed the lazy bear, who stayed dead waiting for his sweet loot while he expects one bird and one mage to kill the boss. No thanks! I left

If anyone is farming bosses for loot, please add me! Any of my characters. I'm not too interested in grinding to 56, I just want some pinks. I'm tired of bad groups
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

noob moment: define PUG pls?
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PUG = pick up group, playing with random people you don't know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Funny since you don't really need a tank on Gold Fever if things are done correctly. I like Physio's groups the most since they're quick and organized.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Only because I bring the best of the best (Moogerfooger, Ayrilana, et al.) to my runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Eh... I always play in PUG's with maybe 1 of my friends, and we can clear it + gold fever in under 5 minutes. 90% of the time.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    PUG = pick up group, playing with random people you don't know
    ah thanks for the clarification.

Lately i've been in a few good ones then
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Only because I bring the best of the best (Moogerfooger, Ayrilana, et al.) to my runs
    Can I join? These random groups are torture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yep, no problems with PUGs on GF, as long as enough people stay or can get enough people in. Have to have damage of course. I don't mind teaching people if I think we have the damage.

I like one group last night where it took a few minutes to teach but we killed him. However, the wuss bear left because a time bomb went off. LOL.

I think PUGs might be most interesting in BS: You see all sorts of players from low survival and low damage and low combo to nicely skilled ones. I'm glad to say my impression is most groups seem knowledgeable and open to information. However, there ARE still the other types who grind but can't use their skills. I really wonder why they're playing, but thank goodness, they don't seem as prevalent. Or maybe it's because I don't notice them as much if 1-2 other players in the group are good. I've done GF several times w/ just me and one other player. It's slower (not by a lot) but those times were also very enjoyable.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I'll be up for another round of farming tonight once I've finished studying for a midterm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Funny since you don't really need a tank on Gold Fever if things are done correctly. I like Physio's groups the most since they're quick and organized.
    Well the actual funny thing is he didn't want to do boss and he was upset that I brought it up so he was trying to hint to the host to boot me. You don't need a tank when you don't fight the boss.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Ive only been in one group that could do that. Most PUGs are terrible. I was just in one where two people left, then the mage and bear died. I kept going waiting for mage to come back. Mage rezzed the lazy bear, who stayed dead waiting for his sweet loot while he expects one bird and one mage to kill the boss. No thanks! I left

If anyone is farming bosses for loot, please add me! Any of my characters. I'm not too interested in grinding to 56, I just want some pinks. I'm tired of bad groups
    Lol - myself (a level 55 pure int mage) and a pure dex bird once managed to kill Gold Fever. Just one death - I managed to res the bird in seconds. Apollo claims that he can solo Gold Fever.

I'm gonna try soloing Gold Fever myself someday.