Thread: Achievements!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ya that would be nice, but on the other hand the rewards has to be good. I am not into items for looks like the PL shields, it has to be something useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Doing "The Tales of Questius" as a run-through of the game (through Swamps/Frozen Nightmare) to test how well the questing system works to progress players, I found that the quests do a pretty good job on the whole with leveling players, but the quest rewards themselves generally aren't all that good.

Some kind of achievement for finishing a quest line would be nice, as would having more unique rewards for finishing the last quest in a series (I'm looking at you, rings!).

Maybe award achievements for pulling off combos (or combo-like named effects) N number of times? An achievement for completing every map in a campaign, including bonus levels? (For levels with no "remaining" count, making it to the level's exit counts.) One for dealing a hit for X damage or more, and another for surviving a hit of Y damage or more? Many of these could have multiple levels (e.g., bronze/silver/gold) of different targets.

Lots of games in GameCenter for iOS have a bunch of achievements of this sort, and some even sillier, that encourage people to push the game beyond their normal play style (take a look at Angry Birds' achievements list). No reason PL couldn't have this, except for whatever overhead would go into tracking all of this stuff.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy