Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Achievements!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Achievements!

What kind of achievements would you like to see on pocket legends?

Personally I would like to see some that entice me to do quests and defeat bosses I'd normally skip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice for quests to have a proper reason for doing them rather than fairly worthless rewards. Maybe if the amount of quests you have completed affected your drop rates or something? Or if you complete an areas quest you can get exp there for another level. Or you get half exp in an area unless you have completed the quests for the previous area? There's all sorts of things they could spice things up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Not sure how it would work in this game, but maybe achievements that would show a person uses their class well? Not sure how it can work in a way that wouldn't be exploited --like a Mage revving her teammates 1000 times would somehow have to be able to prevent people from boosting their count.
    But some way to show a bear is a good tank, a Mage is a good healer, etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leiver View Post
    It would be nice for quests to have a proper reason for doing them rather than fairly worthless rewards. Maybe if the amount of quests you have completed affected your drop rates or something? Or if you complete an areas quest you can get exp there for another level. Or you get half exp in an area unless you have completed the quests for the previous area? There's all sorts of things they could spice things up
    Agreed, there needs to be more of an incentive to finish those quests, other than our own OCD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ya that would be nice, but on the other hand the rewards has to be good. I am not into items for looks like the PL shields, it has to be something useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Doing "The Tales of Questius" as a run-through of the game (through Swamps/Frozen Nightmare) to test how well the questing system works to progress players, I found that the quests do a pretty good job on the whole with leveling players, but the quest rewards themselves generally aren't all that good.

Some kind of achievement for finishing a quest line would be nice, as would having more unique rewards for finishing the last quest in a series (I'm looking at you, rings!).

Maybe award achievements for pulling off combos (or combo-like named effects) N number of times? An achievement for completing every map in a campaign, including bonus levels? (For levels with no "remaining" count, making it to the level's exit counts.) One for dealing a hit for X damage or more, and another for surviving a hit of Y damage or more? Many of these could have multiple levels (e.g., bronze/silver/gold) of different targets.

Lots of games in GameCenter for iOS have a bunch of achievements of this sort, and some even sillier, that encourage people to push the game beyond their normal play style (take a look at Angry Birds' achievements list). No reason PL couldn't have this, except for whatever overhead would go into tracking all of this stuff.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Yes tracking everything would have to be an issue... Wed have to do things over again maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I dunno about most revives, isnt a good healer suppossed to stop people from dieing?

I'd love to see a lvl summary showing how much damage everyone did at the end, how many kills etc. Top contibutor of your group 50 times gets a button lol.

Solo a campaign should be an achievement for sure.
    Fastest to complete a campaign group of 5, top group of 4, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    I dunno about most revives, isnt a good healer suppossed to stop people from dieing?

I'd love to see a lvl summary showing how much damage everyone did at the end, how many kills etc. Top contibutor of your group 50 times gets a button lol.

Are you suggesting that a Mage is supposed to prevent you from running into a mine and dying? Or any number of things that people die from? Sorry, but buffing/healing alone doesn't keep a person alive -- they have to take some responsibility for it as well. As for revving, the Mage often has to run into danger alone just to revive someone who may have done something stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Fatal flaw with this: Tank bears would get the shaft. Sorry, bad idea.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Not if you have a damage taken stat as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Not if you have a damage taken stat as well.
    I was directly addressing the 'damage dealt' proposed achievement, not damage taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I was directly addressing the 'damage dealt' proposed achievement, not damage taken.
    Agreed. Need achievements fair for all classes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Agreed. Need achievements fair for all classes...
    True. You could have something along the lines of class-specific achievements, such as damage dealt for archers and/or mages, damage taken for bears....or something like 1000 Cruel Blast combos for an archer, beckon+stomp (don't know the name off the top of my head of the combo) combos for a bear, Hot Flash combos for mages. Just for example.

Just as long as it is fair relatively speaking, for each class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm a DB developer and I would so take a job at Spacetime to help implement this.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Personally ide LOVE to see titles. For kill counts. Like a title above your name depending on your kill count. So reg players would have cool sounding titles and powerleveled noobs with 2k kills at 50 would have a lowbie title
    Last edited by KingGiant; 02-23-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is a great idea. Maybe not reward anything but have a general statistic screen at the end of a session would be very fun to look at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How about some sort of physical addition to the characters with certain achievements, scars for bears, feathers in their caps for archers and um, something else for enchanters, sparkles or something maybe? Just when you're looking at the character stats screen. It might be tough so that it doesn't override other vanity objects. Maybe it would be more like the custom faces you can buy, but for free when you get those achievements.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It shouldn't be based om just damage ... what about healing ... and threat ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    It shouldn't be based om just damage ... what about healing ... and threat ???
    Threat?

And we were talking specifically about bears, not mages. And you couldn't do it for healing, because then you would have mages just hitting spamming heal for no reason just to get the achievement. Maybe if they healed a certain number of times for over 100 pts, or something.