Heres the lv17 mage stuff:

If you're relatively new to this sorta stuff, you could go full dex, & therefore you wouldn't have to do midfight mana swaps.

Relatively cheap gear at 17 can still beat some of the best 15s because of those 2 xtra skill points.

Use:
Dex L.15 Hween helm/l.10 snipers or jewel thief helm (lv10 bird plat 3/4pc plat pack)
L.10 Pink winter fest candle
L.15 Expert Leather
L.10 Snipers or jewel thief shield (lv10 bird 4pc plat pack)
L.10 Champion's Fine platinum band
& a random helm for 1+ armor

Get the +1 crit or +2 Hit% Face if you can.

If you can't then use magician's fine platinum band instead.

Vs bears you're gonna need to kite more than usual but they'll also die faster than usual if you can do it properly

Essentially you need to learn the range of 4m. & don't cross it vs bear until their "Rage" buff has ran out. Correct me if I'm wrong this is from memory but I believe Rage buff timing is around 20 seconds. Then a 5-10 second buff, but I'm not too sure to be honest.

So I don't sound like I over complicate things in mage vs mage fights, just spam lightning & make sure you do frost fire immediately after they heal, if u miss a frost then do icestorm so it still comboes. Due to you being a beginner I'm not going to give you a drain using build as (no offense) you will probably struggle with it.

Vs rhinos, make sure that you keep comboing them, but again without getting complicated you're gonna struggle vs GOOD fb rhinos.

Foxes suck.

& finally, the build is... 5 heal 6 light 1 frost 1 icestorm 3 fire

Hope you enjoy 15-17 mage as much as I do.

~ Inv *& john*