Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean up Forest Haven

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'll start hanging out in Forest Haven, again.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Great idea!

I think that if the high lvl players start hanging out in forest haven again, it will maybe clean itself up...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

High levels trying to police the place won't work. When people are on a cursing rampage or engaged in using lewd language, there is nothing you can say to make them stop immediately. If you say "hey stop that" they'll just turn it onto you. You can only report and ignore them. If theyre on free accounts and just there to troll the place, they don't care about whether they get banned or not.

An automatic warning/mute/boot idea would be the most effective, short of in game moderators with those abilities (and if they have them they should be STS staff not players)

Even though the automatic system had a lot of false positives, people only got muted when they triggered it repeatedly. Add exceptions for common false positive phrases. Also words could be weighted, so using the n word or the f word would cause them to get muted/booted faster than other words.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I tell them I have reported them as well. If they turn on me they get ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    High levels trying to police the place won't work. When people are on a cursing rampage or engaged in using lewd language, there is nothing you can say to make them stop immediately. If you say "hey stop that" they'll just turn it onto you. You can only report and ignore them. If theyre on free accounts and just there to troll the place, they don't care about whether they get banned or not.

An automatic warning/mute/boot idea would be the most effective, short of in game moderators with those abilities (and if they have them they should be STS staff not players)

Even though the automatic system had a lot of false positives, people only got muted when they triggered it repeatedly. Add exceptions for common false positive phrases. Also words could be weighted, so using the n word or the f word would cause them to get muted/booted faster than other words.
    I agree that players trying to self-police by telling the offenders to stop isn't going to work 95% of the time. It actually would probably just makes it worse most times because these offenders are just looking for attention trolling.

What I was referring to earlier is that players shouldn't hesitate to report the truely bad offenders through the report button. Then get back to your game and leave it to the devs to determine what the appropriate sanction, if any, should be. I think sometimes poeple hesitate because they don't want to be a "tattle-tail" or the particular lauguage or spamming doesn't offend them in particular. However, we all have to keep in mind that people of all ages play this game and we all have some responsibility to try and keep the language in the gateway areas as family friendly as possible. Again -- just my personal view on the matter. Not trying to preach to anyone.