Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad: PL has just 4 areas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Default So sad: PL has just 4 areas

I have been asking lowbies in BS why they are there, since they die all the time, can't hit anything, can't use anything in the area, and don't make any friends. I was particularly interested in those people who barely know PL, asking such things are what are drops, which skills to have, how to play. I was even asking whether they'd tried out other "areas."

So in my quest to discover the reason all the lowbies were playing in BS, I finally received an answer to my question.

A level 29 finally said: It's because BS is the only area he can get xp.

It took me a second but I finally got it:
    Forest Haven -- of course, L1-13;
    Dark Forest -- of course; L11-18;
    Balefort -- of course, L15-23 + CS;
    and Balefort Sewers -- of course, L20+.

Call me dense. There you go: 4 areas.

Now I feel really bad for thinking these lowbies did not belong in BS. I mean, they have to level somewhere, right? And BS is the only place they can get xp.

Look how hard these lowbies have it: all that dying, all the cursing, the amazingly low drops, and when there IS a drop, they can't use it. And of course, their ignore lists are probably longer than their friends lists.

I was so clueless. I therefore vow to be more understanding. I hope others will follow my example.

(Hrm.)

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Uhmm, what? I read this thread twice and it doesn't seem to make sense. You can gain XP on any stage as long as you are with in the level range and don have XP disabled. There isn't one good reason why low levels should be in BS, they think they're getting the most XP, when really the most XP without an elixir is 3 per kill, which is what a level 12 would get in BS, or in AO1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Sarcasm, Myst :P

No wait, I mean, I was completely serious! Yes, that's it. I was completely serious! And I'm nice! I swear!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Doh -- saw you were being sarcastic. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Sarcasm + Internets = Confusion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I knew you were being sarcastic lol you've been here long enough to not be this ignorant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmm... Is it possible people are confused and thinking BS is next in line? Like... They look at the map and it's close by, so they buy it thinking it's the obvious next place to go?
    Does it say on the purchase page what lvl it's for? If it does, they don't really have an excuse unless they don't know how to read... But if they're chatting, they clearly do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The OP is right! The ooze creatures in the goblin's lair that you get to via Wyldwood Forest are a clue telling people where their next level is, AND the icons on the world map are together.

Fathom... I guess that comes after Dark Forest and is followed by Skeller Returns, right? It is logical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you buy campaigns it clearly states lv range bs is 50-55 when I bought it and its near the end so there shouldn't be any confusion on which to buy. When I was able to I bought all of them even skeller and this is before bs and I still went area by area. Only times I didn't was basically suicide solo run to see how fast it took me to die so I knew where my char stood in it.
    Last edited by wolfendragon; 02-25-2011 at 09:10 AM.
    ign wolfendragon lv50 bear zyral lv14 pure mage gelias lv11 pure archer lv17 yatyaswaco pure archer currently lving yatyaswaco in between xp grinds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If this carry on, PL is gona lose many new players. These guys will think that PL high lv players are so mean, that wouldnt play with them. I have a example, one of friend wanted ome of his friend to play so from the start be power levelled him. He introduced his friend to me asking me to add and guide him. When i talked to him, he told me that he 'has to play with higher lv players to lv'. OMG, when my friend asked me to guide his friend is actually wanting me to let him leech. Hes been giving him the wrong info. Fine, i tried to teach him what he should do for his lv, which map to go, and two weeks later, i dont see him online any more. Leechers will not stay, my conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Sarcasm, Myst :P

No wait, I mean, I was completely serious! Yes, that's it. I was completely serious! And I'm nice! I swear!
    Shoulda used the sarcasm font......
    LVL50
    Owlcoholik~Bird | Magikskillz~STR/INT Mage | Manabomb DEX/INT Mage | Digitalpimp~Bear
    Playing on Samsung Captivate & Viewsonic Gtablet

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They don't buy it because the map confuses them. It's because they're too cheap to buy other dungeons, too impatient to level correctly, because people tell them "hey you wanna save money and level up, buy this". When ao3 was the last dungeon they all went there, and it's on the far right side of the map.

I recently had a lvl 20-something ask me how to buy crush the keeper, and I just could not answer him. Im sory but people really should play in the correct dungeons, it bothers me so much that they can buy only the last dungeon and reach the level cap.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh, I would say that people are skipping the maps because its way faster to just leach XP in Crush runs. If i could do it over, I wouldnt have bought the additional maps because my main is 55 and alt is 45. Go from FH to crush runs!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Eh, I would say that people are skipping the maps because its way faster to just leach XP in Crush runs. If i could do it over, I wouldnt have bought the additional maps because my main is 55 and alt is 45. Go from FH to crush runs!!
    At least you admitted it.

I hope the plat for rings, etc isn't bc the devs are losing out on all these people buying only 1 map to get to 55...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You know, maybe the best solution to all this would be some awesome prize for completing all quests? And yes, a new map added would mean that you need to do those new quests to get the prize if you don't have the prize already.

This would need to be something good enough to make people WANT to buy/use all the maps instead of only the last one.
    If they choose to do otherwise, they miss out.

Or the devs can just make it so you can't gain xp in a map more than 5 lvls above you (as we've suggested several times).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The no-gaining xp is the best idea. An awesome reward for completing all quests is a great idea anyway, but it won't prevent this. People who leech in high levels don't seem to care about gear. I see lvl 30s and 40s still wearing gear that's below lvl 20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah I mentioned it as an option for positive reinforcement instead of negative. But I guess many of these people need negative reinforcement to change their behavior...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Negative reinforcement would be making them lose xp
    I don't see how having to play in the correct levels is a negative thing. Maybe they'd make some friends and learn how to play without people yelling at them and booting them.

I do like the idea of a reward for all quests though. It would make me finish those snowball quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Disable XP for levels 5 above current level would work.

(Check out my new sig!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well I just mean... The devs may not want to punish people for not buying the correct maps, so they're afraid to block xp for them? I dunno... If I were getting paid for each map that's bought, I would want people to buy them in order, not just the last one!