Thread: A new players take at Arcane Legends: Disheartening :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A new players take at Arcane Legends: Disheartening :(

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to say that AL is a great game. Not so sure about the 1% people who make a newbie's play disheartening when it comes to this game. I just wanted to express my opinion, and love the game AL is. I am, however, sad to see how players use newbies for scamming and scamming alone.

Here is the incident that happened:

I started playing Arcane Legends some 3-4 days ago. Read everything that was available related to AL, and started farming for locked crates in order to obtain my Leprechaun Pendants. I made around 200k in 3 days, and was feeling quite nice that I was about to have my leprechaun. At this time, a guy comes up and asks me to buy blinky selling at 180k. It was a good deal, already, and I asked him to trade for 160k. He kept on doing something that did not let me confirm the trade. I thought it was an error in my clicking the confirm button. So I pressed confirm many times. At the end, just after clicking confirm (final), I noticed that he gave me BLIGHT egg. A total loss of 155k around.

That sucked. But, I understand that happens. So, I private message this guy, and give a vain attempt to ask him to revert back the money, if possible. What he tells me is that I should do the same, and probably try using the same trick with BLINKY vs BLIGHT or FROST vs FRIST eggs. Wow. Impressive

On top of that, he ignored me. So, now I can not report him for scam, since I can't inspect him.

Anyways, I really farmed a lot (I mean a lot) to make that money. I don't think I am gonna be able to do that, again. Just wanted the guys who created AL to know that although people may love AL, you should do something more rigorous to avoid scamming like this, esp. for newbies.

Before someone says that how we can do that, here is a thought: maybe place a minimum restriction of say 20% of market price or something similar.

Anyways, I am offline for now. Really feel bad to see all the efforts of last 3 days went to drain. Maybe tomorrow will be good, and I will be back for AL
    Last edited by nikhgupta; 01-05-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Most players on al will scam you if they get the chance, the sad truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Most players will not, but yes, there are scammers.

1. Learn this for real life -- it's better that this lesson happened in a game, because this happens in real life as well. It's always better to deal with a regular selling forum (auction house in game, supermarket/stores in real life) than it is to deal with individual, fly-by-night people (person driving by whispering "psst, wanna buy this iphone for cheap?")

2. Report this person if you remember who it is -- give details about time, time zone and conversation to support@spacetimestudios.com. support@spacetimegames.com probably works as well.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This error with 'Confirm' button is very common, it occures in almost every trading. It's very annoying. STS, please do something with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

The good thing is once you got through this ONE time it won't happen to you again. Now you are wiser. Sorry it happened, the majority of the player base in Arlor is honest and fun. Hope you stick around and enjoy the game we have a lovely community here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You can report someone by typing /report playername reason-for-report (substituting with the appropriate information, of course) or email support@spacetimestudios.com with information as detailed as you can get. Exact time with timezone, screenshots of the chat log etc.

I can say it took me a hellofalot longer than 3-4 days to earn my first 200K, so you could still probably consider yourself ahead.

As for scamming, forewarned is forearmed. There is an excellent guide regarding scams that it sounds like you missed in your reading.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi bro sorry to hear of your misfortune but please don't believe that most players in AL are scammers as its actually quiet the opposite. I too hate these thieving scum bags and openly shout in the chat window if scammers are in the area along with their name and the scam they're performing to warn everybody especially the new players. Send me an in game friend request or pm and I'll farm with you to make that 200k u need a little easier to achieve ( I'm not giving freebies but farming with me will make killing mobs a lot easier for you as I'm lvl 41 ) and an invite to my guild is open to you too. I hope this gives you some form of comfort and belief that most of us are honest people. Best of luck,

IGN- Tommytex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your nice words and advice. I, actually, wanted to explain what went wrong, and how a newbie feels for the game when this happens.
    I gave up my account today to my guild. Had around 120k gold and some vanity. I am quitting (oh, and you can call me a quitter - don't matter) as I don't have the strength to build that initial money again.

Good luck to you all, and thanks for the nice words, again. Oh, and SpaceTime guys please do something about this. I am sure this happens to a lot of new guys, but probably I am the only one complaining. I gave up a good game, I admit.

Maybe for now on, keep a cap on the lowest amount u can sell for, or maybe a better confirmation message??

Regards,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

What is your IGN? I'll buy you a Lep - no strings attached....well, one string. You must pay it forward at some point in the future when you have the means to do so.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Giving your account to someone gets both you and them banned, just sayin.

You spent 3-4 days playing and don't have the strength to do it again? Sorry that's just.....wow.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I m sorry for u It happened to me exactly the same today but i alrdy knew he would try to scamm lol .. so he failed and i took ss x) Anyway just look forward!☝
    Last edited by Kamehaa2; 03-27-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nikhgupta View Post
    Hello all,

First of all, I would like to say that AL is a great game. Not so sure about the 1% people who make a newbie's play disheartening when it comes to this game. I just wanted to express my opinion, and love the game AL is. I am, however, sad to see how players use newbies for scamming and scamming alone.

Here is the incident that happened:

I started playing Arcane Legends some 3-4 days ago. Read everything that was available related to AL, and started farming for locked crates in order to obtain my Leprechaun Pendants. I made around 200k in 3 days, and was feeling quite nice that I was about to have my leprechaun. At this time, a guy comes up and asks me to buy blinky selling at 180k. It was a good deal, already, and I asked him to trade for 160k. He kept on doing something that did not let me confirm the trade. I thought it was an error in my clicking the confirm button. So I pressed confirm many times. At the end, just after clicking confirm (final), I noticed that he gave me BLIGHT egg. A total loss of 155k around.

That sucked. But, I understand that happens. So, I private message this guy, and give a vain attempt to ask him to revert back the money, if possible. What he tells me is that I should do the same, and probably try using the same trick with BLINKY vs BLIGHT or FROST vs FRIST eggs. Wow. Impressive

On top of that, he ignored me. So, now I can not report him for scam, since I can't inspect him.

Anyways, I really farmed a lot (I mean a lot) to make that money. I don't think I am gonna be able to do that, again. Just wanted the guys who created AL to know that although people may love AL, you should do something more rigorous to avoid scamming like this, esp. for newbies.

Before someone says that how we can do that, here is a thought: maybe place a minimum restriction of say 20% of market price or something similar.

Anyways, I am offline for now. Really feel bad to see all the efforts of last 3 days went to drain. Maybe tomorrow will be good, and I will be back for AL
    for me..im glad that another indian has joined from rajasthan..whose name is nikhil gupta..COOL!!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Take what happened to you as a lesson. I know next time you will be wiser

Take Kalizza's offer, his a respected forumer and a good AL player. That will help you back on your feet again in-game.
    Most of the players in AL are still good and honest players.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take care on your business guys..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

You think this is bad...the real bad begins at lv41...mainly in pvp...dont go there if u r weak...n stay away from the rogues...they are so proud of their damage they not care about u n farm u...warriors and mages are good...if u say warriors or mage don't attack they stop n smile...but rogues never...they will kill u...rogues are always on search for a prey...never fight with a rogue undergeared...never believe how people are in forums...in the game they are different...even me...n never apply lessons u learn from naruto, one piece,etc if u read manga mainly goku...even if u try u will lose if u undergeared...n the worst types of players are the one who talk about rules more than anyone else but they break rules first...stick to pve...join a pve guild if u want to live peacefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I'm sorry you had to go through this on the first few days of playing the game. There are a looooot of scammers in AL. And they all have different ways of doing it. I wish you luck on getting back what you have lost. Farming is key in getting good gear and succeeding in the game. I'm actually impressed how you earned that much in three days! You did a great job at it.

Our Guild <The Stone> will be having an event soon.
    I advice you check it out:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Enigmatic-gt

We'll be giving away Leprechaun Pendants and some gold to help new players get started.

Good luck and have fun playing AL!

-Nicflamel
    Nicflamel
    ~ Guild Master | The Stone ~
    True Love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

imone of the oldest players (season 2 since 80% of season 1 players stopped i consider myself as one of the oldest players ) and i saw the raise of scamming. Just be always inteligent and keep checking for an error before accept trade.

Btw i reported and got 13 scammers banned (my conatcts said they were banned maybe not true but its nice anyway to not see them anymore) its easy just screenshot the trade and the chat in same time and send it to sts they will mostly of time bann the guy.
    srinoy arcane rogue level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sridoyy View Post
    imone of the oldest players (season 2 since 80% of season 1 players stopped i consider myself as one of the oldest players ) and i saw the raise of scamming. Just be always inteligent and keep checking for an error before accept trade.

Btw i reported and got 13 scammers banned (my conatcts said they were banned maybe not true but its nice anyway to not see them anymore) its easy just screenshot the trade and the chat in same time and send it to sts they will mostly of time bann the guy.
    The scam you described is ban-able. If you ever see another player doing that, Do what Sridoyy said: Screenshot and send report to this email

supports@spacetimestudios.com

These scams must be reported!!! By the way, to report a player in game without having him in fron of you, type this:

/report player_name reason(optional)

Take Kalizzaa's offer aswell, I am sure you can win back the money very soon!