Thread: New player here and I have a few questions about the game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New player here and I have a few questions about the game...

Hello all, my name is Skirozan and I'm a new player to Pocket Legends and am very excited to explore the world and meet a lot of fantastic people along the way, I just had a few questions about the game and how it handles some of it's content. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Are dungeons instanced? Also, how do you find dungeons?

2. When your in an area with another player do you have to be in a party? Can you leave a party and stay in the same area?

3. What is the current level cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

The current cap is 56

Level 56 is an elite level, what do you mean in question #1??
    Your actually in a "party" when your playing cause a party is the poeple in a game, your in a party of one when your alone and in dungeon its a party that can have 5poeple max
    But in town 25 poeple max
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 02-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You find the dugeons by either goin through a portal I in towne, or going to world map and selecting wither join game- or new game. If u do new game people can join you and u can build you own party. Try making some friends the same level as you and run through some dudgeons with them- if you are truly lost add conradin for help.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By "instanced" I mean like in WoW how only a party can go into one dungeon together without being disturbed by another party, it makes for a less stressful raid IMO.

So in other words, if you enter a map area you have no choice to be in a party with the people in that area? Thats cool, just wondering how it worked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i'm new too in the game i have a qouestion you might have heard it a lot i want to ask if i can have platinum without paying them for real???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You can host your own games by tapping on the Globe icon in the menu, there is an option to password-protect. That way only friends or friends of friends can join, and you can invite people on your friends list.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OrFeAsGr View Post
    i'm new too in the game i have a qouestion you might have heard it a lot i want to ask if i can have platinum without paying them for real???
    You can click on the Free Plat icon on the game's main screen when you sign in, it is near the top center of the screen that shows your character when you first log in. You can download some apps and open them, and within a day some free plat will show up in your account.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Greetings and welcome! Pocket Legends handles instances similar to WoW but there are some differences. For example you don't make a party before you enter a dungeon, instead you enter a dungeon and then the folks that join you are "in your party." Instead of having to walk somewhere to get to a dungeon you can start one yourself. From the opening menu, select "world map" and click the host game button. Choose the type of dungeon that you want from the options that you have access to. If you select a password it will be a "locked" instance. Its not really locked because anyone on your friends list can join you without knowing the password. After you have hosted your own game (locked or not), go to your friends list and send out invites! You can also get to the host game option from anywhere, click on your name bar and select the world icon. Add me as a friend and I'll join you whenever I can!
    Last edited by Atila the nun; 02-26-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Whats WoW? Mobile MMO???
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Whats WoW? Mobile MMO???
    WoW = world of war craft

Anyways, welcome to Pocket Legends and the forums Skirozan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

PL doesn't really have parties, where you add a member to your party. There are some decisions they made, I thnk, to make the game more playable for mobile devices.

Dungeons ARE instanced, started either by a player or by the game. Max number of people in a dungeon instance (aka game) is 5. Max number of people in a town instance is 25. You won't see full instances in Join Game and can't GO TO a full one either.

The game MAY start a new instance when you walk through a portal or use game GO TOs. A player can start their own instance by using the Host Game or Start New game buttons.

All people in an instance are technically in a party. However, you can do your own thing in a particular dungeon. Nothing makes you walk with the rest of the group. Generally going off on your own is frowned upon, particularly if the other player need your help. There are some "penalties" for going off on your own: xp, gold, quest stuff -- you generally have to be a certain range. I think maybe 12m but could be a bit more than that. Beyond that, you won't get the benefits of xp, gold, quest results that the other people in the dungeon are acquiring.

Since number of players in a dungeon is limited to 5, it doesn't get too crowded. However, it does mean if you want to play with friends or want certain levels in your "group' you or whoever is hosting will have to Boot to make room.

Instances can be locked by a player who starts one, by putting a password lock on it. Oh, and players can't host towns.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-26-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Star light, star bright...