Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: casual game or endless grindfest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down casual game or endless grindfest?

So almost halfway to 56 and still no pinks. I get items should be rare but iam starting to think this is just rediculous....... I don't even care if its a nonuseable item for me. Maybe I can sell it and make a bit of cash for pots or buy the gear I want. It supposed to be a game I can pick up and play and get done what I want. But when you been farming same maps for well over a week and nothing, somethings gota give. iam not the only one complaining about drop rate. Looks like devs might have fudged up on drop rate imo.....
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I was in the same boat as you. At around 70k/83k XP, I spent nearly 1m on XP potions and didn't see a pink until one night I got 2 pink drops in a row. Don't give up The road to 56 WAS intended for the grinder, not the casual player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How much do you play a day?

I ask because I went through several stints of heavy play in other games, and could easily go far more than a week without seeing anything I'd consider "decent". The reason is because the term "good gear" becomes relative based upon the point you are in the game. If you're to a point where ONLY the best items are worth your time... well, it will take you longer to find what you are looking for. Also, not to be too tongue and cheek about this, but random drops are random.

Now, I fully admit that I'm new to the game still, but when you say you've been farming for a week, that doesn't make me go, "wow, they ARE too rare!" If people want to chalk what I'm saying up to inexperience in this particular game, I'm more than able to understand that. However, what you need to understand is that this is nowhere near uncommon for games like this. If you heavily farm items, and still haven't seen anything in a month... maybe that's worth a conversation. However, be aware that in other games people can play them 8-10+ hours a day and still not find what it is they are after for months. Unless the developers have expressed this game was meant to be different, I would assume there would need to be at least an equivalent amount of time put into it, taking into consideration it isn't as possible to play to the same degree on a mobile decide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I was in the same boat as you. At around 70k/83k XP, I spent nearly 1m on XP potions and didn't see a pink until one night I got 2 pink drops in a row. Don't give up The road to 56 WAS intended for the grinder, not the casual player.
    Yea definitely, lvl 56 wasn't made for the 12 year old kid who logs on 1hr a day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

56 is an elite lvl....
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It all comes down to 1 single thing: luck.
    I got my 1st BS pink drop when I was lvl 50 (RR Gemstone Cap) and my 2nd, when I was lvl 51 or 52 (Sewer King Scarab).
    Don't give up. ;]
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lucky I want the sewer scarab bad
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh iam not complaining about the xp to 56 I know it will take time and right now iam just cruising. Ill get there just not in a week or so. What iam complaining about is the drop rate for pinks.I've played world of warcraft for 5 years almost and was very heavy into endgame content and raiding. Also allods for a stint. In wow sure you had to wait for a drop but there were drops and a garentee of a epic after boss kill. Build enough dkp and at some point you will get your item or a item to upgrade. But this game being a mobile shouldn't take weeks to get a single pink weather it be what you want or something to sell. I rember waiting forever for a item and nvr getting it but this is a mobile mmo meant for bite size sessions or so I read in print they said. Oh well hopefully my luck changes.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

When you grind, try not to have that "when am I going to get a pink" mindset because that will just let your game experience turn sour. Just continue to play and don't expect pinks at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, thanx for not flaming my little rant! Lol
    Think ill play my although for a bit for change of pace
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

This game is not for bite size session..... -.-
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Don't hate me because I'm lucky but it's all up to chance. On the path to 56, I've gotten about 7 pink drops so far with 3 being due to luck elixir.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a 55 RR cap on my....5th or 6th trip into the sewers. I've also been pretty lucky with the drops, as I've gotten a good share of purples, and a green when others get yellows.
    I have to say though....I don't think I WANT the pinks. Lowmans, Drainers, and Trapps are what I've been wanting. I'd be in luck if I was a 55! I like Regen a lot. Since my EQ days, regen has been what separates the living character from the body run. I have no compunctions to run when bad stuff happens, like when I see the puller come back with King AND Queen? I'm outtie.

Anyway, that does suck not getting any pinks. Maybe use a Trash Can Punch instead of just an XP pot. Also, I hope they stick a new quest armor in. That grind has a very definable conclusion which I like.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lol in level 54 and never seen any pinks drop in bs for anyone in my party. All greens equipped I just wanna get some quick before the sets come out and they'll be pretty impossible to buy then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    This game is not for bite size session..... -.-
    I have to disagree with you. I usually play for 10-15 minute stints at a time, which is possible because of the break up in maps. Currently I'm level 31 and have 2 pinks. (not sure if talking about total amount of pinks in this thread or just level 56.) Either way this game is great for bite size sessions, just not at higher levels
    Last edited by Durnam; 02-26-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I've seen two BS pinks drop & (3 if you count recipees) this & my ao3 VL lack of results ( I've seen every good VL drop & never got one.)

It's to the point where I'm beginning to suspect there's some hidden luck stat that my toons rolled poorly for that can only be overcome by some serious farming bosses. Lol, I just realized that this stat probably doesn't exist since it would be indistinguishable from RL luck, countered by averaging over the long run. Strange how it feels like it is my character, not me, that is snakebit.

But it's cool since it's all balanced by the fact that you don't really need any of top gears to have fun or be good at playing.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with numbers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i have gotten a fury shield 53 (useless, sold) a gem shard wand (2nd best, so nothing for me, sold) and 2H Sword (uselss and worhless too). i see every day 3-4 pinks drop (not to me)
    so actually my pinks count: 0
    and my archer is halfway to 56 and my mage is 55. i uset less XP pots, so may u can immagine how many i played...
    its a bit annoing get nothing all the time, but i dont wanna whine... max i whine when i c in CS so many lvl 55 pinks in there and often from same seller... :-/

anyway i made 3-4mil in BS by selling all it got until now... iam going to buy when iam think prices ok...

Higher loot rate? hmm... maximal a bit..just like ao3 bosses.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When pvping it dose help to have the best gear though......
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Is it possible that the drop rates in ao2 and ao3 are too high? What do we do with all those plasma pyramid pinks, liquidate them? And of all the drops in ao3, only a dozen or so are desired. Nobody uses anything purple or green from those levels because there are too many "crap" pinks.

Now, in BS, we do get excited over purple, and even green is worth selling.

So maybe it's a good thing.

I mean, what were they supposed to do, make another batch of whites, oranges, greens, and purples that exist solely to be liquidated and have weird names, and all types of pinks when people are only interested in a few? Seems like wasted effort to me.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 02-27-2011 at 10:06 AM.