Thanked 1,182 Times in 746 Posts

Default <The Community Guild> Asks: Tell Us About Arcane Battlegrounds

Name:  image.png
Views: 163
Size:  52.0 KB
    Hello Arcane Battlegrounds Community,

I am from <The Community Guild>
    We have hosted contests in the past for the Legends Community,
    The Awesome STS Staff has given us permission to host contests for the Battle Community

We have a few ideas, but we are not very knowledgeable about AB,

So we would like to ask if the Battle Community could tell us about AB

Thank You!
    -Ruizhe
    <The Community Guild>

Thanks

If you are familiar with Battle Command, I heard that AB is fairly similar to that.

Your question is very general, so it's hard to answer it. Feel free to ask some specific questions.

If you know nothing about AB, here is a rough description.

0. You should try to play it for a few days to understand the general game's mechanics.
    It's played in roughly 3 phases.
    In the beginning, it's "start a build and go offline", playing just a few minutes every day.
    Later (around level 6, after say 1-2 months) you need to start attacking others to loot resources, and this takes good hours every day. This "farming" stage takes the longest. No free player (to my knowledge) is past this phase yet.
    The next phase, after everything is maxed out, would be trophy hunt - try to get trophies as high as possible.

1. Generally there's a limit of 1 base per device, so "start and build a base to a certain level" is out of the question.

2. There are some statistics (attacks wins, defense wins, gold looted, mana looted) that get reset every 2 weeks. Trophy count carries over. Trophy count goes both up and down. In the 0-700 range you can move pretty easily, above that it takes some time to gather more trophies, getting to 2000+ probably takes many weeks even with a well developed base. So, e.g., "hit both 0 and 700 trophies in 5 days" might be possible but some people will opt out, because they won't want to lose their current trophy level.

3. You can't easily choose who you attack (unless it's a revenge). There was a "beat base X" contest in the early days but it was almost impossible to find, making many people angry.

Some positive ideas. They all need support from STS's coders:
    - I'd use special "event" maps - beat a certain map X times or the fastest etc. It can be scaled to castle level.
    - It would be fun to design a base that resists a predefined wave of attacks the longest.
    Last edited by Milan Lame Man; 01-07-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks

We can connect in-game, and I'd be happy to help/discuss more on the subject.

Base name - cccatch
    Alliance name - Farmers United

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    If you are familiar with Battle Command, I heard that AB is fairly similar to that.

Your question is very general, so it's hard to answer it. Feel free to ask some specific questions.

If you know nothing about AB, here is a rough description.

0. You should try to play it for a few days to understand the general game's mechanics.
    It's played in roughly 3 phases.
    In the beginning, it's "start a build and go offline", playing just a few minutes every day.
    Later (around level 6, after say 1-2 months) you need to start attacking others to loot resources, and this takes good hours every day. This "farming" stage takes the longest. No free player (to my knowledge) is past this phase yet.
    The next phase, after everything is maxed out, would be trophy hunt - try to get trophies as high as possible.

1. Generally there's a limit of 1 base per device, so "start and build a base to a certain level" is out of the question.

2. There are some statistics (attacks wins, defense wins, gold looted, mana looted) that get reset every 2 weeks. Trophy count carries over. Trophy count goes both up and down. In the 0-700 range you can move pretty easily, above that it takes some time to gather more trophies, getting to 2000+ probably takes many weeks even with a well developed base. So, e.g., "hit both 0 and 700 trophies in 5 days" might be possible but some people will opt out, because they won't want to lose their current trophy level.

3. You can't easily choose who you attack (unless it's a revenge). There was a "beat base X" contest in the early days but it was almost impossible to find, making many people angry.

Some positive ideas. They all need support from STS's coders:
    - I'd use special "event" maps - beat a certain map X times or the fastest etc. It can be scaled to castle level.
    - It would be fun to design a base that resists a predefined wave of attacks the longest.
    Thanks

Want to join TCG? Click the signature above!
    Like Us On Facebook To Get Updates About TCG Contests